Are you searching for Doberman breeders in Indiana? Count yourself lucky! This article lists breeders with Doberman dogs in Indiana. The Doberman is considered one of the most intelligent dog breeds out there. It does well in training and is always looking for ways to show off its smartness.
This dog breed is highly protective and capable of anticipating threats and danger. Some of the things that the Doberman loves doing include running and hiking. Its physical feats are truly impressive. The breed comes in various colors, including black, gray, blue, red-brown, and a light tan. Nothing is more important for this dog than spending time with family.
Before scrolling down this list of Doberman breeders in Indiana, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Boxer Breeders in Indiana and Best Dog Breeders in Indiana.
Doberman Puppies For Sale in Indiana
If you are interested in bringing a Doberman to your home, here are some of the breeders you should consider if you live in Indiana.
1. PuppySpot’s Dobermans For Indiana
PuppySpot is one of the most recognized online puppy marketplaces in the United States. They mostly work as an intermediary between various breeders and a family looking to adopt a puppy.
PuppySpot is recognized for personally guaranteeing that the Doberman puppies from breeders will be of the highest quality. They have one of the toughest hiring processes in the industry, hiring only 10% percent of applicants after reviewing over 100 different points of interest in their application.
PuppySpot has proposed the goal of breeding happy and healthy puppies and helping them find a place where they’ll be loved. PuppySpot looks to find ways to share the joy of having a puppy.
PuppySpot looks to offer a simple way for you to get the puppy you’ve always wanted. They bring together a large variety of breeders and puppies from all over the country, and you can choose whichever you like, all from the comfort of your couch.
- Quality: PuppySpot is determined to ensure only the best hands are breeding your puppy. Every breeder is trusted and will follow AKC guidelines to breed the puppies to their best ability.
- Health: Health is precious, and breeders know that and work hard to ensure the puppies grow fit and strong. Before sending them to you, the puppies are checked for any disease from “nose to tail.”
- Care: PuppySpot doesn’t believe in the puppy mill philosophy. They give every resource they have to take care of and give the puppies a good quality of life.
- Practicality: PuppySpot offers a very friendly platform where you can come and adopt your puppy in minutes. It doesn’t matter where you are in the United States. PuppySpot will send your new puppy to your doorstep.
2. Dream-Catcher Dobermans
One of the best Doberman breeders in Indiana that you need to know about is Dream-Catcher Dobermans. As members of the Doberman Pinscher Club of Indiana and the Doberman Pinscher Club of America, they have raised puppies for over a decade. The breeder breeds only quality Dobermans.
This ensures that interested adopters do not encounter any behavioral or health issues. Each dog is health tested. In addition to this, you also get to benefit from a two-year health guarantee and updated vaccination. Once a puppy is eight months old, it is available for adoption.
However, only a limited number of dogs are available each year, so you should apply quickly. Although the breeder does not have a website, you can reach out to it on social media or by email. As Dream-Catcher Dobermans is extremely knowledgeable about the breed, you can rely on it for all the answers that you are looking for.
Dream-Catcher Dobermans’ Contact Details
- Address/Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Phone Number: (317) 590-1965
- Email: [email protected]
- Social Media: Dream-Catcher Dobermans’ Facebook
3. Windsong Doberman Pinschers
The next breeder that offers Doberman puppies in Indiana is Windsong Doberman Pinschers. Known for its friendly and loving puppies, you can rest assured that it focuses on quality. Since it is a member of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America, it meets the highest breeding standards.
Having bred Dobermans for more than four decades, you will be impressed by the support it provides. To learn more about the available puppies, you can check out its website. You will get a health certificate, a written sales agreement, and even a health guarantee when you choose the breeder.
Each companion dog is spayed/neutered and available on a limited basis. Its claws are removed, tails docked, ears cropped, and it is vaccinated. If you cannot look after the dog at any point in time, you can return it.
Windsong Doberman Pinschers’ Contact Details
- Website: Windsong Doberman Pinschers
- Address/Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Phone Number: (574) 231-9211
4. Denalli Dobermans
Denalli Dobermans is a notable breeder that provides some of the best Doberman puppies for sale in Indiana. Home to Grand Champions, its dogs are recognized by the American Kennel Council for being world-class.
In addition to breeding Dobermans, they also run a pet grooming business. You will find them a great option as they are a member of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America.
The breeder looks after both the mental and physical health of its puppies. To ensure that you are the right fit for the dog, you will need to answer a questionnaire. The puppies are evaluated for temperament and conformation before they are made available. Interested adopters always visit the breeder to meet the puppies in person.
Denalli Dobermans’ Contact Details
- Website: Denalli Dobermans
- Address/Location: Valparaiso, Indiana
- Phone Number: (219) 545-8883
- Social Media: Denalli Dobermans’ Facebook
5. Silverhawk Dobermans
Silverhawk Dobermans is also an excellent breeder committed to raising some of the best dogs. It started back in 1999 and is located on a 10-acres property in the countryside. The breeder offers European, American, and South American Dobermans that hail from champion lines.
It is also a member of the Doberman Pinscher Club of America. As puppies are only available on a limited basis, you will need to apply early. Only the finest Dobermans are produced, and they are tested for a full blood panel, eyes, thyroid, cardio, hip dysplasia, and even Von Willebrand disease.
Moreover, proper social development is ensured so that interested adopters have an easy time bonding with their pets. When you visit their website, you will come across the most recent puppies ready for adoption.
Silverhawk Dobermans’ Contact Details
- Website: Silverhawk Dobermans
- Address/Location: Greencastle, Indiana
- Phone Number: (765) 719-0723
- Email: [email protected]
- Social Media: Silverhawk Dobermans’ Facebook
6. Posh Puppies Indiana
Last on the list of Doberman breeders in Indiana is Posh Puppies, Indiana. It is a family-run breeder that has been raising excellent puppies since 1999. One of the owners is a veterinary technician and focuses on the health of each Doberman. To take a puppy back home, you will need to visit the breeder.
An appointment is needed before you can visit them. They are interested in learning more about interested adopters to determine who to go for. You will be glad to know that the dogs have been vet checked, microchipped, dewormed, and vaccinated. The breeder shares the price range of each puppy so that you can decide which little creature to get.
Posh Puppies Indiana’s Contact Details
- Website: Posh Puppies Indiana
- Address/Location: Warsaw, Indiana
- Phone Number: (574) 377-6362
- Social Media: Posh Puppies Indiana’s Facebook
How to Choose a Doberman Breeder in Indiana
One of the most difficult decisions that you can make is selecting a Doberman breeder. To help you out, here are some of the things that you should keep in mind.
- Breeder’s Reputation: Reputation matters which is why you need to learn as possible about each breeder. It will allow you to make a well-informed decision. You can uncover a great deal of information by reading online reviews. Fortunately, it is quite easy to gather more information about a breeder, thanks to the internet. You can also checkup social media to find what people have to say.
- Health Checks: The next thing that you should consider is whether the breeder performs dedicated health checks. You must choose someone concerned about the health of each puppy. Otherwise, you would bring home a Doberman who is suffering from an illness. Health checks are highly recommended as they allow you to pick out a perfectly healthy puppy. When you stick to a breeder concerned about your dogs’ health, you will have nothing to worry about.
- Health Warranties: Another factor to consider when choosing a Doberman breeder is health warranties. You should find someone who provides a health warranty on your purchase. This will allow you to get a refund if the dog suffers from any major illness.
- DNA Testing: In addition to the above, you should find a breeder that conducts DNA testing. It will ensure that you adopt a Doberman that does not have a genetic disease. Make sure that the breeder shares the DNA results with you to stay safe.
- Vaccinations: Interested dog adopters should also stick to breeders that vaccinate their dogs. Otherwise, the dog you adopt might suffer from an illness that could have been avoided altogether. Besides, it is more cost-effective to choose someone that vaccinates its puppies.
- Communication: Since social anxiety can take a toll on the mental health of a Doberman, you need to look for a breeder that has a dedicated socialization program in place for its puppies. It will allow you to choose a dog with an easy time around strangers and who does not engage in aggressive behavior.
More Information About Doberman Breeders From Indiana
What Is The Cost of Dog Adoption in Indiana?
Adopting a dog in Indiana is around $350 to $500. But, a designer dog from a reputable breeder will require you to spend a lot more money.
Are There Dobermans in Indiana?
There are plenty of Dobermans that enjoy living in the state. Their population has been on the rise.
Can Indiana Residents Get A Dog?
Yes, residents of Hoosier State can easily adopt a dog. You should have no trouble bringing a puppy back home. Make sure to ask your landlord if you are a renter.
Conclusion For The “Best Doberman Breeders in Indiana”
Boasting incredible instincts, Dobermans are fiercely protective guard dogs that give it their all to safeguard their loved ones. Although the breed can be quite aggressive, it makes for a wonderful pet.
Officially recognized back in 1900, the Doberman might be what you need. Your family will fall in love with it, and you will have trouble thinking of a life without it. Make sure to choose a quality breeder for the best experience.
For more guides similar to this list of Doberman breeders in Indiana, you can check out:
- Best Doberman Breeders in Louisiana
- Best Doberman Breeders in Kentucky
- Best Doberman Breeders in Missouri
Before you bring home a Doberman puppy from a breeder in Indiana, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “6 Ways Dobermans Are Different From Other Dogs” down below: