If you’re on the hunt for an adorable puppy without breaking the bank, rest assured there are plenty available under $700. With research and patience, you can find the perfect puppy at an affordable price.
If you’re looking for an economical dog, mixed breeds tend to be more affordable than purebreds. Plus, there are plenty of respected breeders or adoption centers that will offer puppies at this price point.
When looking for puppies under $700, it’s important to research and make sure you are getting a healthy pet. Many websites list puppies for sale in this price range, so it’s important to read reviews and ask questions. Additionally, shelters may have puppies at discounted rates or even free of charge.
We have listed some resources below that can help you find the perfect pup within your budget. From Labrador Retrievers to Siberian Huskies, these sites offer affordable options for all kinds of breeds.
Before you scroll down this guide, check out: Where to Find Bichon Frise Puppies for Sale Under $500? (2023) and Where to Find Boston Terrier Puppies for Sale Under $200? (2023).
Want to welcome a furry companion into your family but lack the funds for an expensive puppy? Worry not, Petfinder offers plenty of dogs under $700. With over 18 million adoptable pets listed on the site, you can find the perfect puppy that fits your lifestyle and budget.
When searching for a dog on Petfinder, narrow down your search by selecting “Price” from the filters menu and then selecting “Under $700” from the drop-down menu. This will show all of the dogs in your area. You can also filter by size, breed, age, gender, and more to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Once you’ve found a puppy that catches your eye, it’s time to reach out to the shelter or rescue group listed on their profile page and learn more about them. Most shelters require an application before they allow you to take home your new pet. In fact, some require a home visit before finalizing the adoption.
There’s no denying the immense joy that comes with having a pet of your own, and it’s even better when you can get one for an economical price. With Petfinder providing so many puppies available under $700, adopting a furry best friend has become financially accessible.
- Location: Nationwide
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Petfinder
Finding a new furry friend can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it doesn’t have to break the bank. Adopt-a-Pet is an invaluable source for discovering animal shelters, rescues, and private owners throughout the United States and Canada. With their search, you can easily find dogs available for adoption near you that fits within your budget.
Adopt-a-Pet makes it a breeze to find the ideal canine companion. You can filter your search based on breed, age, size, and color. What’s more, they offer pictures of all the adoptable pets so that you can get a clear understanding of their appearance before you make any commitment in adopting them.
If you’re looking for puppies under $700, Adopt-a-Pet is the perfect place to start. You can browse their listings of adoptable dogs in your area and filter out any that don’t fit within your budget. This way, you won’t waste time looking at dogs that are too expensive or out of reach.
Once you’ve found a few potential matches on Adopt-a-Pet, it’s important to research each one before making your final decision. You should read up on breed characteristics and make sure they will be compatible with your lifestyle and home environment.
It’s also important to check out the shelter or rescue group where they came from so you know what kind of care they received prior to adoption.
Adopting a pet is an incredibly rewarding experience, but it’s important to make sure you find one that fits within your budget as well as your lifestyle. With Adopt-a-Pet, finding a dog under $700 has never been easier.
- Location: Nationwide
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Adopt-a-Pet
3. Animal Shelters
Adopting a pet from your local animal shelter is an incredibly rewarding experience — not only are you giving a loving home to an animal in need but it can also be done for under $700.
While many private breeders and pet stores charge hundreds or even thousands of dollars for puppies, there are plenty of adoptable dogs available at your local shelters that fit within any budget.
Many animal shelters offer low-cost or free adoption services, depending on your financial situation. If you don’t have enough money to cover the adoption fee upfront, some shelters may offer payment plans so you can spread out the payments over time.
You may also be able to get help with medical bills or other expenses through various grants or donations made to the shelter. Be sure to inquire about every choice available when deciding on a course of action. Once you’ve found a puppy that catches your eye, it’s time to reach out to the shelter and schedule a meeting with them.
Most shelters require an adoption application before they allow you to take home your new pet, and some may even require a home visit before finalizing the adoption process.
Adopting a furry friend is an immensely gratifying experience, and you don’t have to over-spend. Local animal shelters everywhere contain numerous puppies that are priced under $700. Give one of these precious puppies a loving home today.
Animal Shelters Details:
- Location: Nationwide
If you’re looking for a puppy but don’t want to break the bank, Craigslist is another great option. With the abundance of choices, it can be difficult to know where to begin. Here are tips for finding a dog for under $700 on Craigslist.
First, do your research. Know what type of breed you’re looking for and the average price. This will help narrow your search and make sure you’re not overpaying. For instance, Labrador Retrievers tend to cost around $800, while German Shepherds often range from as low as $400 up to a maximum of $1,500.
Once you have an idea of what dog breed you want and its price range, start searching. You can filter by breed or by location to find the perfect puppy near you. Make sure to read through each listing carefully and ask any questions before making a commitment.
When it comes time to meet the seller in person, always take precautions. Make sure to meet in a public place and bring someone with you if possible. Also, be sure to look out for any signs of neglect or mistreatment that could indicate an unhealthy puppy or an irresponsible seller.
Finally, don’t forget about all the other costs associated with owning a pet. Food, vet bills, toys — these all add up quickly. Be prepared financially before bringing home your new furry friend.
Finding a dog on Craigslist can be daunting, but with research and caution, it can also be rewarding. With so many listings, there are plenty of puppies out there waiting for their forever homes. Happy hunting!
- Location: Nationwide
- Website: Craigslist
5. Breed Specific Rescues
One of the best choices is to look into breed-specific rescues. These organizations specialize in finding homes for dogs of particular breeds, and they often offer lower fees than traditional shelters or pet stores.
When searching online, make sure to read through each rescue’s website or Facebook page carefully to get an idea of what kind of adoption fees they charge and what other requirements they may have.
Many breed-specific rescues require prospective owners to provide references or proof that they can provide a safe and loving home for their puppy. Be sure to ask plenty of questions before committing — these organizations want to make sure the puppies find forever homes.
Another great way to find breed-specific rescues is by attending local dog shows or events. Here you can talk directly with people involved in rescue operations and get a better understanding of the process and any additional costs (such as vet bills) that may be associated with adopting. Plus, it’s always fun meeting other pet lovers who share your passion.
Finally, don’t forget about word-of-mouth. Ask friends and family if they know anyone who works at breed-specific rescues or knows someone who has adopted from one. You have a good chance of finding someone to guide you.
Finding puppies under $700 can be daunting, but with some research and guidance, you can end up with just the right dog. Reach out to breed-specific rescues today — there’s bound to be a dog out there waiting to meet their perfect match.
Breed Specific Rescues Details:
- Location: Nationwide
15 Purebreds that You Could Possibly Buy for Under $700
Searching for the perfect puppy can be tough. But with a bit of research and luck, you may just find the perfect purebred dog that fits your budget.
With a little patience, you could bring home one of the following breeds:
- Labrador Retriever ($400 to $1,500): This is the most popular breed in America, known for its intelligence and loyal nature.
- Golden Retriever ($700 to $2,000): A classic family pet, the Golden Retriever is known for its friendly and gentle personality.
- Beagle ($300 to $1,100): A small hound dog, Beagles are known for their playful and curious personalities.
- Chihuahua ($400 to $2,000): These tiny dogs are full of personality and make great lapdogs.
- Bulldog ($500 to $1,500): Bulldogs are gentle giants with an even-tempered disposition, making them great family pets.
- Boxer ($500 to $1,500): Boxers are active and energetic dogs that love to play and stay active with their families.
- German Shepherd ($400 to $1,600): German Shepherds are intelligent and loyal working dogs that make great companions as well as guard dogs.
- Poodle ($600 to $2,000): Poodles come in Standard, Miniature, and Toy sizes and have hypoallergenic coats that don’t shed as much hair or dander, making them a great choice for allergy sufferers.
- Shih Tzu ($500 to $1,600): Shih Tzus have long coats that require regular grooming, but they make up for it with their loving personalities and affectionate nature towards people they know well.
- Maltese ($700 to $2,000): Maltese are small white dogs with silky coats that don’t shed much hair or dander, making them a good choice for allergy sufferers who want a small breed dog companion.
- Cocker Spaniel ($500 to $700): Cocker Spaniels have beautiful long coats which require regular brushing to keep them looking their best, but they also make excellent family pets due to their friendly nature and loyalty to their owners.
- Dachshunds (Miniature) ($600 to $1,200): Miniature Dachshunds may be small in size, but they sure do pack a lot of personalities! They’re known for being very loyal to their owners as well as having an independent streak which makes them fun companions.
- French Bulldog ($600 to $1,700): French Bulldogs have become increasingly popular over the years due to their adorable looks and sweet personalities. They’re also relatively low maintenance when it comes to grooming needs.
- Pug ($400 to $600): Pugs are one of the most popular breeds due to their funny faces, goofy personalities, and ease of care. They’re also quite adaptable, so they can live happily in both small apartments or larger homes.
- Yorkshire Terrier ($700 to $1,900): Yorkies may be small in size, but they sure do have big personalities! They’re incredibly loyal, affectionate, and devoted to their owners while still being independent enough to explore on their own.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the cheapest breeds is the Chihuahua. These dogs are widespread, making them easy to find, and relatively low cost, in terms of maintenance and upkeep.
Adoption fees can be a few hundred dollars or less, making them the most affordable way to get a puppy.
The costs of dog ownership vary wildly depending on the size and breed of dog. Generally speaking, small dogs can be around $40 to $50 per month, while large dogs can cost around $80 to $90 per month, according to the ASPCA.
Conclusion for “How to Get Puppies Under $700”
When it comes to finding puppies under $700, there are many options. From websites and classified ads to rescue organizations and breed-specific rescues, with some research, you’ll be sure to find the perfect companion. Don’t forget to ask your friends and family if they know of any good leads either.
Whenever you are researching, always ask questions and thoroughly investigate before making any decisions. Adopting a dog is an important decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. By taking the time to consider your options, you can make sure you find the right dog for both you and your budget.
Good luck with your search!
If you find this guide, “How to Get Puppies Under $700,” informative, check out:
- Where Can You Find Corgi Puppies for Sale Under $500?
- Where to Find Husky Puppies For Sale For $100?
- Where to Find Rottweiler Puppies Under $250?
Before you find a puppy for sale under $700, watch “Top 10 Puppy Facts You Didn’t Know” down below:
Garrett loves animals and is a huge advocate for all Doodle dog breeds. He owns his own Goldendoodle named Kona. In addition, he volunteers at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, where he fosters dogs and helps animals. Garrett enjoys writing about Doodles and believes that dogs can teach humans more about how to live than humans can teach a dog.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.