If you’re searching for the best German Shepherd breeders in the UK, then here’s what you need to know about the breed. German Shepherds are intelligent, courageous, loyal dogs that have made their mark working in security, forensics, and rescue operations.
They are also excellent service dogs and make for gentle, loving family companions. Do you want the love and loyalty of a German Shepherd for your household? Our list of German Shepherd breeders in the UK should help you out.
Before scrolling down this list of German Shepherd breeders in the UK, check out these other breeder recommendations: Best Rhodesian Ridgeback Breeders in the United Kingdom and Best Samoyed Breeders in the United Kingdom.
German Shepherd Puppies For Sale in the United Kingdom
Read on for a list of certified, well-regarded breeders for your perfect pet.
1. Rockforce GSD Stud
With over 25 years of experience training professional German Shepherds, Rockforce followed it with a successful breeding program.
Since then, they have offered their stud services and have continued to sell and rehome puppies and retired studs through their breeders.
Rockforce strives to maintain a line of healthy purebred puppies. Selective health screenings for different abnormalities are required for every female dog.
All their male and approved female dogs are registered with the Kennel Club, thus ensuring their healthy disposition and temperament.
These meticulous requirements assure that all whelped puppies are in prime condition and will make for wonderful family pets for many years to come.
Aside from meticulous breeding etiquette, Rockforce GSD maintains the health of its studs and puppies by providing a diet that consists of a mix of holistic dried foods, raw meat, and vegetables.
A naturally fed dog is a healthy dog. So when you get your German Shepherd puppy from their breeders, you are guaranteed it will grow up strong, intelligent, and a perfect household pet.
Rockforce GSD Stud Details
- Website: Rockforce GSD Stud
- Address: South Manchester/Cheshire border, studs can travel in the United Kingdom upon request
2. The Lodge Kennels
The Lodge Kennels supervises the rearing and breeding of the Nyrvana strain of German Shepherds. Nyrvana GSDs are well-rounded puppies that grow into adulthood sound in mind and body, whether they are household pets, service dogs, working dogs, or trainable champions.
The Lodge Kennels specifically breeds long-coated German Shepherds. Due to their extraordinary agility and intelligence, the puppies that have come out of their kennel have grown up to be police dogs, prison service dogs, competition dogs, and dogs for the differently-abled.
The kennel emphasizes breeding for mental and physical soundness, high trainability, and natural working ability. Their puppies make for excellent training prospects or active family companions.
If you choose to get your German Shepherd from The Lodge Kennels, you are sure to get a lavishly nurtured puppy that promises to be sociable, brilliant, and healthy. All sold puppies are vaccinated, tattooed, insured, and KC registered.
The Lodge Kennels Details
- Website: The Lodge Kennels
- Email address: email@example.com
- Contact number: 01462-730464 and 07936-187255
- Address: Great North Road (A1 Southbound), Baldock, Hertfordshire SG7 5EX
- Facebook: The Lodge Kennels
3. Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs
Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs is a small dedicated kennel that breeds two or three litters per year. They specialize in sable or black and gold German Shepherd puppies that are friendly, sociable, and eager to please.
Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs focuses on the puppies’ overall health and temperament and less on their looks. They believe that temperament training is the way to have great family pets that can behave around children and the elderly.
Their dogs often visit a local care home and interact with residents. Puppies are allowed to leave home at eight weeks of age. All puppies are Kennel Club registered, microchipped, wormed, insured, and vet checked.
Each puppy goes to their forever home with puppy food packs, a training booklet, and a five-generation pedigree that includes all relevant health checks.
Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs is a Kennel Club Assured Breeder and a signatory of the Breed Council Breeders Charter, ensuring the highest breeding standards and lifelong after-sales care.
Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs Details
- Website: Kesyra German Shepherd Dogs
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number: 07766-521515 or 01985-217733
- Address: Dorothy Walk, Warminster BA12 8PH
4. Eagleriver Dogs
Eagleriver is a small family-led kennel specializing in breeding long- and short-haired German Shepherd puppies. They nurture their puppies to grow lively intelligent, and make excellent pets around children.
This kennel breeds straight-backed puppies that would be great-looking and good-natured adult dogs throughout their lives. They prioritize breeding puppies with excellent temperaments to make the perfect service dogs.
They ensure that all litters are socialized with other dogs and family members and friends in their establishment. In addition, the puppies are desensitized and trained to loud noises such as thunder, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, and even fireworks from three weeks old.
This type of training will help the puppies grow up into confident and well-rounded dogs that thrive in any environment they are placed in.
At eight weeks, the puppies go to their forever homes with a microchip, complete vet check, first vaccination, Kennel Club registration, five generation pedigree, 1.5 kg of puppy food, £50 worth of toys, and a lifetime of advice and support from their breeder.
Eagleriver Dogs Details
- Website: Eagleriver Dogs
- Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number: 07710-054049
- Address: East Anglia, United Kingdom
- Facebook: Eagleriver Dogs
5. Marinita German Shepherds
Marinita is home to dogs who have been champions and gold medalists. Their focus is on the temperament, color, show potential, construction, and looks of every one of their German Shepherds.
The kennel relocated to a spacious two acres of land in 2008—their ultimate dream for the dogs they cared for. As a result, all their dogs and puppies enjoy the freedom to run and play in nature.
Marinita German Shepherds is a member of the British German Shepherd Dog League and the GSDL Working Branch, along with Cheshire IGP, so you can rest assured their puppies meet the breed standard. Visit Marinita’s website, and you might find the precious German Shepherd you have been dreaming about!
Marinita German Shepherds Details
- Website: Marinita German Shepherds
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact number: 07958-046732 and 07828-993649
- Address: Sefton Road, Orrell Wigan, Lancashire, UK WN5 8UP
6. Figynberg German Shepherds
Last on the list of German Shepherd breeders in the UK is “Figynberg German Shepherds.” The founder of Figynberg German Shepherds began working with German Shepherds at 12.
He fell in love with the breed and dedicated his life caring for, training, and breeding dogs for police service, HM Prison Service, the security industry, personal protection, medical alert, and search and rescue.
Figynberg German Shepherds is a Kennel Club registered breeding program that provides fully-trained working dogs for recruitment into the police and prison service and private sector security firms in Britain, Portugal, and Norway.
They are a highly-specialized, 5-star certified German Shepherd breeding establishment that offers puppies and trained older dogs. They also offer a tiered training program for dogs and their owners, with group training or one-on-one sessions options. So if you are looking for the perfect animal companion, reach out to them today.
Figynberg German Shepherds Details
- Website: Figynberg German Shepherds
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number: 01503-221144 and 07711-087977
- Address: Lostwithiel, Cornwall PL22 0PT
Adopt a German Shepherd in the United Kingdom If You Can
You can also consider adopting a German Shepherd as an alternative means of bringing home. When you adopt a German Shepherd from a local rescue, you give that dog the chance to experience a better life.
Here are some things to consider:
- Most dogs from the rehoming centers have gone through varying traumas and challenges in life. Opening your home to a German Shepherd from a shelter gives hope that its life will be better this time around.
- Adopting is a continued act of kindness. By adopting, you also give other strays a chance to be taken care of. For example, when you take home one dog, you free up space in the shelter, which means that another dog can be rescued, fed, and given a chance to find a loving home.
- Dogs that are unsuccessfully rehabilitated or rehomed are put down after a specific period. The longer a dog stays in a rescue shelter, the shorter its life becomes.
- In the United Kingdom, there are puppy mills where mother dogs and puppies are housed in poor conditions and don’t receive the care and medical treatment they need to thrive. And when the dogs are no longer profitable, they are killed, sold, or abandoned. You unconsciously support these puppy mills when you purchase from pet stores. Adoption is one way to stop this inhumane business.
- Adopting a German Shepherd from a shelter can lead to personal satisfaction—you saved a life, and it is something to be proud of. And the minimal expenses for adoption are to your advantage.
Related: Best Shock Collar For a German Shepherd.
Conclusion For The “Best German Shepherd Breeders in the United Kingdom”
German Shepherd puppies from certified, experienced, well-regarded breeders are sure to grow into intelligent, loving, and loyal dogs. To find the perfect German Shepherd for you, contact any of these kennels and discuss your options.
You can also choose to adopt a German Shepherd from your local animal rescue center. We hope this list of German Shepherd breeders in the UK helped you on your journey.
For more guides similar to this list of German Shepherd breeders in the UK, you can check out:
- Best German Shepherd Breeders in Pennsylvania
- Best German Shepherd Breeders in Minnesota
- Best German Shepherd Breeders in Michigan
Before you purchase a German Shepherd from a breeder in the United Kingdom, you can learn more about the breed by watching “German Shepherd Dog Breed Guide” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.