Cavapoos are a fantastic breed for pet dogs. These cute and curly-haired pups are a mix between the elegant Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the glamorous Poodle. Cavapoos are petite and come with curly hair and a positive attitude.
These dogs are friendly, loyal, and love to play. Cavapoos are a great dog for families and anyone who wants an adorable puppy pal.
If you have the good fortune of getting a Cavapoo puppy, you may be facing a tricky challenge: naming your new dog. Naming a dog can be challenging, as the name needs to suit both their personality and unique appearance.
To help, we’ve put together a list of all the very best names for Cavapoos. Whether you want a name that matches their curly hair or their cute personalities, this guide to good names for Cavapoos will help inspire you.
Best Appearance-Based Cavapoo Names
Most Cavapoos look gorgeous: their sweet dark eyes peeking out of a thick coat of soft, golden curls is sure to win you over. If you adore your pup’s eye-catching appearance, you may want to name them after their best physical traits.
We’ve gathered all the good Cavapoo names that reference the breed’s looks, including appropriate names for all the different Cavapoo varieties of fur color and appearance. Here are some of the best names based on a Cavapoo’s physical qualities.
- Curly – the best name for a puppy covered in ringlets.
- Teeny – most Cavapoos are only nine to 14 inches tall.
- Ginger – this is a good name for a Cavapoo with light brown, fawn-colored fur.
- Blondie – while some Cavapoos have a golden coat of fur, some Cavapoos have an even lighter shade of hair, making Blondie an appropriate moniker.
- Dandelion – a small, golden-haired Cavapoo is certainly the embodiment of a fluffy yellow flower.
- Coffee – some Cavapoos are born with a darker fur color, often resembling the color of chocolate or, you guessed it, coffee.
Cute Cavapoo Names For Girls
If you have a sweet little girl Cavapoo pup, congratulations! Your playful and adorable Cavapoo is about to be your best gal pal. With such a pretty lady dog, you’ll want to pick a name that’s just as cute as they are. Here are some of the best cute Cavapoo names female dogs will appreciate.
- Coco – this popular pet name is especially beloved by the French and Spanish.
- Gigi – a classic French name that will reflect your pup’s poodle style.
- Belle – Belle means “beautiful,” making it the perfect name for your gorgeous Cavapoo.
- Winnie – this is a shortened version of Winnifred, which means “gentle friend.”
- Sadie – this name means “princess,” an ideal name for a pampered pet.
Charming Cavapoo Names For Boys
Male Cavapoos are loyal and attention-seeking dogs, and you will instantly fall in love with your outgoing and charismatic Cavapoo. If you have a male Cavapoo, you may want a playful and sweet name to match your handsome puppy’s attitude. Here are some of the best Cavapoo names male dogs will wholeheartedly support.
- Rudy – this shortened version of Rudolph means “famous wolf,” which is a nice nod to your pup’s ancestry.
- Bo – with this name your dog will be joining the ranks of the Obama family’s beloved pet dog, who was also named Bo.
- Bowie – this classic Scottish name means “blond,” an apt name for a Cavapoo with golden curls.
- Buster – whether as a nod to your favorite Hey, Arthur! character or the youngest brother on Arrested Development, Buster is a fun pop-culture name.
- Toby – Toby is short for Tobias, which means “God is good.”
Cavapoo Origins: British Names for Cavapoos
When thinking of Cavapoo dog names, you may want to honor your dog’s heritage. With Cavapoos, you’ll have two different cultures to choose from. The first option is to honor the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel side of your dog’s family.
Since the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was originally bred in the United Kingdom, giving your dog a British or English name would be a cute nod to their background. Here are some of the best English Cavapoo names.
English Cavapoo Names for Males
- Alfie – this is a playful and pet-appropriate diminutive of Alfred, a popular English name.
- Cole – Cole can sometimes refer to “coal-black,” so if your Cavapoo has that classic brown and black fur pattern, this could be the perfect name.
- Ellis – this is a Welsh name. Since Wales is part of the United Kingdom, a Welsh name can be a creative spin on referencing your dog’s heritage.
- William – if your dog has royal airs, consider naming them after the heir to the British throne.
- Kit – Kit is a popular British nickname for Christopher, and is a cute and sassy name for a dog.
- Graham – Graham is both an English name and a fun reference to a graham cracker, which is a similar color to many Cavapoos.
- Holden – for literature fans, Holden is a great Cavapoo name. It is appropriately English and alludes to the classic character Holden Caulfield from Catcher In The Rye.
English Cavapoo Names for Females
- Eloise – Eloise is an English variation of Heloise, one of the most tragic and beloved romantic figures of history.
- Hazel – this is a cute English name that will pair well with a Cavapoo that has light or medium brown fur.
- Eleanor – whether a reference to Eleanor of Aquitaine or Eleanor Roosevelt, this is a strong female name.
- Wren – it can be a quirky play on words to name your dog after another type of animal, such as Wren, a species of bird.
- Madeline – Madeline is a well-liked name, especially in reference to the titular children’s book character in Madeline.
- Audrey – if your female Cavapoo has a glamorous personality, what better person to name her after than Audrey Hepburn?
- Scarlett – This is a great name for a Cavapoo with reddish-brown fur.
- Juliet – Juliet is a romantic and classic name that works perfectly for a sweet and endearing dog.
Cavapoo Origins: German Names for Cavapoos
If you want to honor your Cavapoo’s heritage, you could also choose to give them a name that recognizes their poodle ancestry. Although the poodle is the national animal of France, it is a common misconception that the poodle breed originated out of France.
The poodle was first bred in Germany. The name “poodle” comes from the German word “pudel,” which means “to splash in the water.” If you name your Cavapoo a German name, you will impress all your friends with your extensive knowledge of your dog’s genetic background. Here are some of the best German names for Cavapoos.
German Cavapoo Names for Males
- Albert – many famous German men were named Albert. Examples include Albert Einstein and Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria.
- Frank – Frank means “Frenchman,” so this is a particularly clever German name for a dog that is German but often mistaken to be French.
- Otto – Otto von Bismarck is famous for having united 39 states into the unified Germany that we know today.
- Leo – Leo means “lion,” an appropriate nickname for a fluffy, curly-haired Cavapoo.
- Louis – this is a classic and regal name for your male Cavapoo.
- Frederick – Frederick is a popular male German name. You could also call your Cavapoo Freddie for short.
- Bruno – this German name means “brown,” which can be a subtle reference to your dog’s appearance, as opposed to more obvious names like Brownie or Chocolate.
- Wolfgang – this is a dignified and traditional German name. Think of Mozart, after all!
- Wilbur – you might be thinking of Wilbur the pig from Charlotte’s Web, but Wilbur is also a sweet name for a male dog.
German Cavapoo Names for Females
- Liesl – if you love The Sound of Music, it could be fun to name your Cavapoo after the eldest daughter in the film, Liesl.
- Nixie – this whimsical German name means “water nymph.” If your female Cavapoo loves to play in the water, this would be the perfect name.
- Elsa – this is more than just the name of the beloved character in Frozen. It is also a popular name in Germanic culture.
- Bernadette – Bernadette means “brave as a bear,” which is a charming name for a spunky and outgoing Cavapoo.
Conclusion for Cavapoo Names
We hope that you enjoyed our list of Cavapoo names for your new puppy! Remember, when naming your dog, always choose something that is to pronounce and ideally short. You’re going to be saying your Cavapoos name several times per day – whether you like it or not. Also, don’t name your Cavapoo with the same name as a close friend or family member. Both your dog and the human will get confused. We hope that you enjoy the name of your new puppy!
Other articles you would like: