When Walt Disney and his brother, Roy, founded their company in 1923, they probably had no idea it would become the phenomenon that it is today. Disney is a household name, with fans ranging from 1 to 101 (dalmatians and people alike!).
Because of its insane popularity, proven by the company’s $258.14 billion net worth, it’s no surprise you’ve come here in search of the top 100 Disney male dog names to name your new dog after. Luckily, there are tons of Disney pet names male dogs will love. We compiled the most comprehensive list of boy Disney dog names to help you name your new puppy!
Disney Male Dog Names: Disney Dogs
What better way to start this list than by giving you the best Disney dog names boy pups will love from actual Disney pups? Below are 28 boy Disney male dog names from some of the most beloved dogs in the world.
- Goofy: There may be some slight debate over what kind of animal Goofy is, but he’s definitely a dog. As one of the original Disney cartoons, Goofy makes a great name for a silly puppy.
- Pluto: Perhaps one of the world’s most beloved pets ever, Pluto is Mickey’s faithful sidekick, and he could be yours, too!
- Tramp: We know Tramp as the loving street dog that showed house-dog Lady a true adventure. Your lovable, scruffy pup could be well-suited for this classic name from Lady and the Tramp.
- Bruno: Bruno may not be a spotlight kind of Disney dog, but Cinderella sure did love him.
- Pongo: Sure, we’ll give you 100 names, but Pongo gave us 101 Dalmatians.
- Patch: Speaking of Dalmatians, let’s name just a few name ideas from the gang… First, here’s Patch.
- Lucky: Lucky is a classic dog name and another Dalmatian.
- Rolly: And finally, Rolly is the Dalmatian we can always find eating – perfect for a chunky little puppy.
- Max: The Little Mermaid wasn’t all under the sea. Who could forget Prince Eric’s fluffy old English Sheepdog, Max?
- Little Brother: Mulan’s dog’s name was Little Brother, which easily made him part of the family.
- Bolt: Your dog probably thinks he’s invincible. If that’s the case, name him Bolt!
- Percy: From the movie Pocahontas, Percy makes a great name for a spoiled, almost-royal puppy.
- Scamp: Scamp is the lovable son of Lady and Tramp, and it’s a darn cute name.
- Jock: Any owner of a male terrier puppy should seriously consider the name Jock from the Lady and the Tramp.
- Trusty: Trusty is a sweet old bloodhound also from the Lady and the Tramp. Although he’s an old dog, he keeps up well in the film.
- Copper: Who could forget the Disney classic Fox and the Hound? Copper = the hound.
- Chief: And speaking of Copper, Chief is his older mentor who can be a bit grumpy.
- Dodger: Dodger, from Oliver & Company, makes an adorable pup name.
- Napoleon: Napoleon is a strong name for a dog and well-suited to a bloodhound like the one from Aristocats.
- Lafayette: And what’s Napoleon without his sidekick? Lafayette is stocky, but he loves to chase down anything that moves.
- Thunderbolt: Thunderbolt is the famous television dog who appears in 101 Dalmatians – though he is not, in fact, a Dalmatian.
- Danny: Danny is another non-Dalmatian dog from the movie of the same name. He is a large Great Dane.
- Rusty: This sheriff dog from Home on the Range offers an adorable male dog name.
- Toby: If your dog’s a sniffer, name him Toby from the Great Mouse Detective!
- Tito: Tito is a tiny little Chihuahua from Oliver & Company.
- Air Bud: Air Bud is the perfect name for a Golden Retriever.
- Slinky: Okay, so technically, Slinky is a toy. But he’s also a dog, so it works!
- Dug: Dug from Up is naive and unfocused, and we love him.
- Zero: Do you love all things spooky? Name your dog after the ghost dog from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Related Article: Cartoon Dog Names
Male Disney Dog Names: Other Animals
Of course, Disney is more than just dogs. There are dozens, even hundreds of Disney dog names boy dogs can adopt from other animals.
- Bing Bong: Bing Bong, what a beloved elephant-creature.
- Bruce: Bruce may be a scary shark, but it’s a cool dog name.
- Marlin: And we have to include Marlin the clownfish!
- Nemo: Where there’s Marlin, there’s Nemo.
- Chicken Little: You’ll always have someone to turn to when “the sky is falling.”
- Crush: Dude. How could you not want to name your dog after this super-cool sea turtle?
- Stitch: Stitch was like a dog – except he was an alien.
- James P. Sullivan: If you’re looking for a more formal name for your pet, give him this full name from Monsters, Inc. But you can call him Sully for short.
- Koda: Koda is one of the bears in the movie Brother Bear, and we simply love this name.
- Pascal: Pascal is Rapunzel’s beloved green sidekick.
- Sebastian: The Little Mermaid is certainly a Disney favorite. Try naming your pup Sebastian after her crustacean friend!
- Simba: Your dog may not be king of the jungle-like Simba, but he’s likely the king of your couch.
- Rafiki: Another great Swahili name from the Lion King is Rafiki.
- Toulouse: Naming your dog after a cat may seem odd, but the name Toulouse is rare and unique.
- Abu: Your pup would be so cute taking the name of Aladdin’s monkey pal!
Other Disney Animal Names for Boy Dogs
Disney features quite a few animals in their movies, but here are some more of our favorites from male puppies:
- Mushu – Mulan
- Eeyore – Winnie the Pooh
- Kenai – Brother Bear
- Tigger – Winnie the Pooh
- Beast – Beauty and the Beast
- Tod – The Fox and the Hound
- Thumper – Bambi
- Mufasa – The Lion King
- Pumbaa – The Lion King
- Piglet – Winnie the Pooh
- Remy – Ratatouille
- Waddlesworth – 102 Dalmatians
- Sven – Frozen
These animals include plenty of the classics along with newer names.
Disney Puppy Names for Boy Dogs: Humans
Maybe your favorite Disney character isn’t an animal at all; maybe they are human! If that’s the case, you can take a look at some of these Disney names that come from male human characters.
- Andy: We all know Andy as the owner of our favorite talking toys from Toy Story.
- Naveen: Naveen was Tiana’s prince charming in The Princess and the Frog.
- Hiro: Hiro is the star of the movie Big Hero 6.
- Pacha: The unlikely friend of the emperor, Pacha captured our hearts in The Emperor’s New Groove.
- Jack-Jack: Hopefully, your dog doesn’t burst into flames like this Incredibles character.
- Kristoff: We can’t mention Sven without suggesting Kristoff.
- Kuzco: Personally, we liked Kuzco better as a llama.
- Kronk: Bad-guy turned friend, Kronk has an awesome name for a dog.
- Maui: Maui the demigod, or Maui the poodle?
- Russell: Russell is the endearing boy scout from Up.
- Woody: Woody is technically a toy. But he also walks, talks, and has emotions, so…
- Gaston: Is your dog better than everyone else’s dog? Look no further.
- Milo: Milo Thatch from Atlantis may be nerdy, but he gets the girl in the end.
- Flynn: Ah, Flynn Ryder. Need we say more?
- Sneezy: You could name your dog after any one of the seven dwarfs. Sneezy is especially cute, though.
- Zeus: Your pup may not be an all-powerful god, but he sure can bark.
- Frozone: Frozone the Frenchie. It has a nice ring to it.
- Hercules: Hercules is another strong, tough name for a big dog.
- Tarzan: Let’s add one more tough-guy name to the list for large dogs.
Check out a few more human male Disney names for your dog:
- Triton – The Little Mermaid
- Aladdin – Aladdin
- Buzz – Toy Story
- Le Fou – Beauty and the Beast
- Genie – Aladdin
- Dopey – Sleeping Beauty
- Dash – The Incredibles
- Cobra – Lilo and Stitch
These popular favorites all make excellent options.
Boy Disney Dog Names: Objects
It may sound odd, but nothing is off-limits when it comes to Disney. From wardrobes to sporks, Disney has made all kinds of inanimate objects come to life.
And some of them have become the most lovable characters of all.
- Wall-E: The lovable robot who saves the day.
- Cogsworth: Cogsworth is a grump for most of the Beauty and the Beast, but you probably would be too if you were a clock.
- Lots-O: Technically, the full name of this Toy Story villain is Lots-O-Huggin’ Bear.
- Mater: Lightning McQueen may be the star of Cars, but Mater is our favorite.
- Morph: We’re not sure what Morph from Treasure Island is, but he’s cute and mischievous like our pets.
- Herbie: Before there was Cars, there was Herbie.
- Wheezy: Toy story
Other Object Names
Below are a few more names of inanimate object characters from Disney:
- Lightning – Cars
- Forky – Toy Story
- Carl – Robots
- Chip – Beauty and the Beast
- Olaf – Frozen
- Hamm – Toy Story
- Pinocchio – Pinocchio
- Sarge – Toy Story
These names might not be traditional boy dog names, but that’s what makes them fun and special!
Conclusion for Boy Disney Dog Names
Coming up with a unique and suitable name for your dog can feel like a lot of pressure, but don’t forget to have a good time with it. These 100 Disney male dog names give you plenty of options to choose from for a Disney-loving family.
Other articles you would like:
Garrett loves animals and is a huge advocate for all Doodle dog breeds. He owns his own Goldendoodle named Kona. In addition, he volunteers at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, where he fosters dogs and helps animals. Garrett enjoys writing about Doodles and believes that dogs can teach humans more about how to live than humans can teach a dog.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.