When searching for reputable Newfoundland breeders in the United States, it can sometimes be challenging. After all, the Newfoundland dog breed is a wonderful companion to have. The Newfoundland is a large and powerful working dog of dignified bearing and heavy bone. With so many striking features, Newfoundland has earned the reputation of a watchful and patient nanny dog. It has a sweet temper and is famous as a good companion, especially for kids.
Before scrolling down this list of Newfoundland breeders, check out similar breeds you might like: Best Scottish Terrier Breeders in the United States and Best Pyredoodle Breeders in the United States.
Newfoundland Dog Breed Info
A female Newfoundland can weigh up to 100 to 120 pounds, while a male can go 150 pounds and 28 inches tall. The Newfie is a majestic breed with a coarse and flat outer coat. Colors are brown, black-and-white, gray, and black. The most striking and important feature of the Newfie breed is its sweet temperament. This character is expressed through their affinity for kids. Newfoundlands are trainable and trusting; they respond well to guidance. Here are some facts about the Newfoundland breed:
- Nutrition: The Newfie breed will do well on high-quality food, whether home-prepared with a veterinarian’s supervision or commercially manufactured. What’s important is for the diet to be appropriate to the dog’s age. Some Newfoundland breeds have a higher tendency to become overweight, while others don’t. Therefore, you’ll need to watch their weight level and calorie consumption.
- Grooming: Another striking feature of the Newfoundland breed is its heavy coat, which will require weekly brushing. This will help to prevent mat formation and also remove dead hair. Another reason why you should brush the Newfie breed regularly is that they shed twice a year. Also, trim the nails regularly because long nails can cause structural problems and discomfort.
- Exercise: The Newfie breed is a multipurpose dog on land and in water. It is a devoted companion with lifesaving abilities. The dog needs to stay happy and healthy, and you can achieve this through exercise. Newfies need at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. The dog is generally an indoor breed that does well with families. However, Newfoundland performs well with outdoor activities like swimming and hiking.
- Training: The Newfie puppy is an intelligent, curious, and outgoing dog. When you buy this dog, you’ll need to ensure that it has daily human contact because early socialization will help ensure it grows into a well-mannered companion. Newfs are easy to train and eager to please. They are affectionate and trusting.
- Health: Newfoundlands are prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, cystinuria, and cardiac disease. It is important to screen dogs regularly for these conditions. Recommended health tests include the Elbow evaluation, cystinuria DNA test, hip evaluation, and cardiac exam.
With all these peculiar features of the Newfoundland breed, you need to buy from a reliable and trustworthy breeder.
Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in the United States
Our team at WeLoveDoodles compiled a list of the best Newfoundland breeders in the United States. Suppose you’re planning to purchase from unknown Newfoundland breeders. Please do your due diligence before making any further choice.
1. Kodiak Acres Newfoundlands
First on the list of Newfoundland breeders in the United States is “Kodiak Acres Newfoundlands.” Kodiak Acres is located deep in Bethany, CT, and it’s known for producing high-quality Newfoundland. Whether you are looking for a dog that will perform well in the show ring, or you want to train it for water rescue, you can be sure that you’ll get a quality Newfoundland breed at Kodiak Acres. This breeder has produced many Newfoundlands, most of which have received different awards at the NCA National, BISS, BIS, Group Placing, and Group Winning. Kodiak Acres has been a member of the Newfoundland Club of America since 1997. Another cool thing about this breeder is that their dogs are AKC registered. They perform regular health checks and vaccinations to ensure that they are healthy and avoid hereditary sicknesses common with the breed.
Kodiak Acres Newfoundlands Details
- Address: Keith and Sheila Mallinson Bethany, CT 06534
- Phone Number: (203) 745-4715
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Kodiak Acres
2. Paramount Kennel
This is another kennel where you can get high-quality Newfoundland puppies. Paramount Kennel has been in the business of producing high-quality dogs for over a decade now. If you want a great and loyal companion, you can be sure you’d get it from this breeder. Paramount Kennel has also produced different award-winning dogs over the past few years. All their dogs are AKC certified and grown in a healthy and convenient environment. When you buy a puppy from this breeder, you’ll get all the information you need about the puppy. Paramount Kennel places high value on their puppies, which is why they ensure that they are sold only to responsible individuals. Before they give you the puppy, they’ll ask a few questions to ensure that you can cater to the dog’s needs.
Paramount Kennel Details
- Address: 53 Pumpkin Hill Rd. Ashford, CT 06278
- Phone Number: (860) 463-0458
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Paramount Kennel
3. Annisquam Light Newfoundlands
You can count on Annisquam Light Newfoundlands if you are looking for a holistic Newfoundland breeder. This is because they have screened all their breeding Newfoundlands and have ensured that they passed testing for elbow and hip dysplasia, thyroid disease, heart problems, and eye problems. Another cool thing is that this is a natural rearing breeder. This implies that they only use a raw diet rather than chemicals to feed their Newfoundlands.
The breeder is strict on ensuring that they avoid conventional medications and other chemical exposure for their dogs. That is why they use homeopathy in treating their Newfs. The breeder believes that chemical exposure and conventional medications can only cause more problems in the future. Whether this is true or not, what’s certain is that you will get a high-quality Newfoundland from this breeder. Annisquam Light Newfoundlands pride themselves on raising healthy Newfoundlands.
Annisquam Light Newfoundlands Details
- Address: 407 Main St. Boxford, MA
- Phone Number: (978) 828-0194
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Annisquam Light Newfoundlands
4. Mooncusser Newfoundlands
Ensuring that you’re getting an AKC registered dog is one of the most important things you’ll need to do. With Mooncusser Newfoundlands, you can be sure that you are getting an AKC registered dog. Mooncusser Newfoundlands were established in 1972, and it has only consistently produced high-quality dogs since then. To date, Mooncusser Newfoundlands are known for producing Newfies of outstanding temperament and type. This is a breeder that’s not after breeding to have puppies but to produce a better breed. The breeding procedure used by Mooncusser Newfoundlands carefully considers the conformation, health, and temperament of the puppy. If you are looking for a high-quality breeder in the United States, then you can rest assured that Mooncusser Newfoundlands will not fall short on this.
Mooncusser Newfoundlands Details
- Address: P.O. Box 667 Orleans, MA 02653
- Phone Number: (508) 255-2300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Mooncusser Newfoundlands
5. South Shore Newfoundlands
South Shore is a small family-based Affenpinscher and Newfoundland breeder located in New York. The breeder believes in producing highly friendly puppies, which is why they focus on the high socialization of their puppies. South Shore likes to breed their puppies in a caring and loving environment to grow to become great family companions. The website of this breeder is a great place to start if you are looking for a reliable breeder to get a Newfoundland puppy. South Shore keeps its website up to date to ensure that new users can have all the information they need, especially their services.
South Shore Newfoundlands Details
- Address: 6401 Furnace Road Ontario, NY 14519
- Phone Number: (585) 747-1964
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: South Shore Newfoundlands
6. Southwind Newfoundlands
Last on the list of Newfoundland breeders in the United States is “Southwind Newfoundlands.” Southwind Newfoundlands have been in the business of producing high-quality puppies for more than 35 years now. The dogs are selectively bred to exemplify and enhance their breeding standard. All the dogs from this breeder exhibit high standards, mainly because they are AKC registered. The Newfoundlands from this breeder are of excellent disposition and type.
Another cool thing is that the dogs are tested to ensure the absence of health problems that they may be predisposed to. All the Newfoundland dogs from this breeder are OFA certified. Therefore, you can be sure that they won’t have hip or elbow dysplasia. The breeder performs regular cardiology checks and ensures that the dogs pass the examination. This you can be certain that your new puppy won’t have any heart defects.
Southwind Newfoundlands Details
- Address: 107 New Street Rehoboth, MA 02769
- Phone Number: (508) 252-3948
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Southwind Newfoundlands
Conclusion For The “Best Newfoundland Breeders in the United States”
The Newfoundland breed is a large and adorable working dog that can either be grey, brown, white-and-black, or brown—raising a dog as big and hairy as this requires a lot. However, many breeders specialize in raising Newfoundland. Before you choose a breeder, you need to be sure that you can rely on the breeder. It would be best if you’re also sure that the breeder is responsible, and you can verify this by asking different questions. Every responsible breeder will be happy to entertain all your questions, especially those related to the dog’s quality, temperament, and health. If you are looking for a responsible and trustworthy breeder in the United States, you can rely on the list we have provided in this article. The breeders above are among the best Newfoundland breeders in the United States.
For more dog breed recommendations, check out our lists below:
To learn more about the Newfoundland dog breed, you can watch “The Newfoundland Dog – World’s Most Powerful Water Dog” from Animal Watch down below: