If you’re researching for the best Corgi breeders in Ohio, then you know that you could never go wrong with this dog breed. They are the world’s sweetest dog breed. If you’re looking for a Corgi puppy in Ohio, then you likely know there are two variations: Pembroke and Cardigan. By far, the most popular type of Corgi is the Pembroke. Throughout Ohio, you’ll see tons of Corgi puppies for sale, but it’s important to buy from a reputable breeder.
Corgi Puppies For Sale in Ohio
If you’re purchasing from unknown Corgi breeders in Ohio, we suggest doing your research before making any financial decisions and putting down a deposit. Corgi puppies in Ohio have gotten so popular, and there were many puppy mills that we came across when doing our research. Puppy mills sell cheaper-priced Corgis without health testing or socializing them. Unethical Corgi puppy mills should be avoided if you want to help ensure your puppy will live a long and happy life. Here is our list of the best Corgi breeders in Ohio.
1. Ohio Corgis
The first on the list of Corgi breeders in Ohio is ‘Ohio Corgis.’ Ohio Corgis is well-known for its Pembroke Welsh Corgis. This team of six family members spoils their Corgis with time, love, and affection in their 20-acre property in Central Ohio’s hills. Their Corgis are all raised in a family-friendly and clean environment. When you decide to adopt one, you have a health guarantee for one year. You can drop by at Ohio Corgis and bring home your 8 week-old new pups.
This Corgi breeder takes pride in being meticulous and attentive to the puppies. If you adopt a puppy from them, you can be sure that your new dog has received all the required shots and has also been dewormed. If you can’t personally pick up your new puppy, Ohio Corgis can make arrangements for its air travel or ground delivery. Interested buyers can reserve a puppy through this breeder’s website. There is a non-refundable down payment for the reservation, which you can also process online via Paypal.
However, checking out the Corgi puppies for yourself in-person is highly recommended for any new puppy owner because you can tour their facilities and learn about the parent dog temperaments. You will need to schedule an appointment at Ohio Corgis to view their puppies. Note that not all their Corgi puppies for sale in Ohio are potty trained. The breeder believes that the canines should be housebroken for their permanent and forever homes. All the puppies are well-socialized and comfortable with other animals and children.
Ohio Corgis Details
- Address: Central Ohio near the town of Baltic
- Contact Number: 330-600-8656
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Ohio Corgis
2. Keepsake Pups Ohio
Keepsake Pups breeds Pembroke Corgis that are smart, lovable, and loyal. Their ultimate goal is to send healthy Corgi puppies to their new loving forever homes. In some cases, the puppies ready for release are also housebroken. Keepsake Pups breeds for correct confirmation, which means they are very selective regarding the Sire and the Dam. The breeder completes genetic testing for DM and VWD1 to ensure that all their Corgi puppies are without health conditions. Regardless of age, their dogs’ health is a top priority for Keepsake Pups.
Partnered with East Holmes Veterinary, whose veterinarians are available 24/7, all Corgi puppies go through a physical exam and are provided with the required travel documents. All Keepsake Pups doggies are dewormed semi-weekly, and a series of a minimum of three vaccinations are provided to each before they are released to their new parents. The pups are also micro-chipped, tails docked (if the new parent wants that done), and declawed.
Once you have picked your puppy, you can put in a reservation of $200 via credit card or Paypal and settle the balance at pick-up time or before travel. Keepsake Pups understand that sometimes adoptive parents can’t pick up their puppies, so travel options can be arranged either through air or ground to get your puppy outside of Ohio. Get in touch with Keepsake Pups and check all the available Corgi puppies for sale. It’s time to have a Corgi to love at home.
Keepsake Pups Details
- Contact Person: Brent Miller
- Address: Sugarcreek, Ohio
- Contact Number: 330-600-1428
- Email Address: email@example.com
3. Silver Maple Puppy and Equine
The last on the list of Corgi breeders in Ohio is ‘Silver Maple Puppy and Equine.’ They say that a family united by a single passion can yield extraordinary results, and Silver Maple Puppy and Equine attest to that. With an entire family working tirelessly to ensure that their dogs and horses are fed, cared for, and trained, you will be impressed with how they manage their 39-acres of the property daily. Silver Maple Puppy and Equine strongly believe that dogs and children are a perfect combination because shouldering puppies’ responsibility can be a valuable lesson on how to become a responsible and reliable adult.
This breeder has a wide variety of Pugs, Newfoundlands, and Pembroke Welsh Corgis. They all stay in a climate-controlled facility with the freedom to the outdoors via doggie doors. With lots of fenced space to play and run around, these dogs get their daily dose of physical exercise. Every puppy’s health is cared for and duly examined by East Holmes Vet Clinic, and a bill of clean health is guaranteed for every canine on the farm. This breeder selectively breeds for health and better temperament while still observing the Corgi breed standards set by the AKC.
Silver Maple Puppy and Equine find no greater joy than having each Corgi puppy find a forever home where their human families will love and take care of them. Thus, the shipping of their Corgi puppies is an option that new parents can consider and the breeder can conveniently arrange. Proven by their efficiency, Silver Maple Puppy and Equine have shipped puppies throughout the US without any problems. Aside from the puppy’s price, an additional $400 shipping fee will be shouldered by the new parents. It includes the pre-flight health check and the crate, ensuring that the traveling pup is safe and comfortable.
Silver Maple Puppy and Equine Details
- Address: Sugarcreek, Ohio
- Contact Numbers: (Home) 330-231-7914 and (Cell) 330-440-8151
- Website: Silver Maple Puppy and Equine
More Information About Corgi Puppies
Corgis have two variations: the Cardigan and the Pembroke. Both have the same short bodies, heads, and outstanding herding skills. However, the Cardigan is a little bit larger and heavier boned than the Pembroke. The Cardigan’s ears’ tips are rounded, whereas its cousin, the Pembrooke’s, are pointy. The quickest way to identify a Cardigan from a Pembroke is the tail. Pembroke Corgis are naturally bobtailed, some are born without tails, and the tails of those pups who are born with them, are docked in their lives’ first week, adhering to the AKC standards. On the other hand, the Cardigan’s tail is long and furry and looks like a cardigan’s sleeves.
Besides being extremely intelligent and sensitive, both the Cardi and the Pembrooke are sweet-tempered and affectionate. Growing to a height of 10-12 inches, male Corgis can weigh up to 30 pounds while female Corgis up to 28 pounds. These herding dogs have a life expectancy of 12 to 13 years. Being herding dogs, they are exceptionally fast runners, despite their short legs. They thrive during active play sessions, though they are equally happy snuggling with their human families, whom they love unconditionally. Corgis are adorable energy balls, which is just fine because they tend to overeat and become overweight pooches.
Since Corgis were bred to herd cattle, horses, and sheep, they are free-spirited, which also makes them stubborn. However, as they are eager to learn, training them is easy. They are vigilant and fearless watchdogs with a deceiving “big dog” bark. Corgis have tremendous personalities and the biggest hearts in the canine kingdom., If you live in Ohio, you could get in touch with trusted Corgi breeders there. They know how to care for this breed and will help you select your pup.
Corgi Dog Breed Info
- Nutrition: If Corgis can, they will confidently testify that meat is the nucleus of their everyday diet, followed by veggies. This breed should have 50-55% animal protein, 15-18% fat, and 25% carbohydrates. Supplementing your Corgi’s meals with healthy ingredients can help give your little ranger all the dietary essentials to have a healthy and long life. Be mindful of not overfeeding your dog because this breed loves to eat. Therefore, monitoring your pet’s weight and calorie intake would not be amiss. Treats can be given selectively and as rewards during and after training sessions.
- Grooming: Corgi puppies have thick, waterproof double coats, and their coarse outer coats fully cover their soft and light undercoats. They tend to shed daily, and you can expect them to shed more by late spring and early summer. That’s when more frequent baths will help as they get rid of your pet’s loose fur. A daily once-over, using a slicker brush and a comb, after you have dried your Corgi will be even more beneficial. Running an undercoat rake will be especially useful in getting rid of the dead undercoat quickly and keeping your pet’s coat intact and shiny. Like with all breeds, your Corgi’s nails should always be regularly trimmed and their ears checked.
- Exercise: Being a herding breed, Corgis are energetic dogs, love being outside, and engaging in physical activities. Moderate daily exercises are right to keep them physically fit and mentally alert. You and your bed bud can go on slow jogs, long walks, and hikes. Note that they have short legs, so they won’t be able to keep up with some activities. If you can, involve your Corgi in various canine activities like agility and obedience, herding, and tracking.
- Training: Getting your Corgi involved in puppy training sessions and early socialization is essential. Most breeders offer this service. Introducing your dog, aged 7 weeks to 4 months, to places, people, other animals, and certain real-life situations to help him socialize will make him a well-mannered and friendly adult.
- Health: Corgis are generally healthy breeds thanks to their super active lifestyle. Reputable breeders generally get the initial health exams done to ensure that age-appropriate vaccines are given. If you can, do get your pet evaluated for the following: Ophthalmologist Evaluation and Hip Evaluation.
Conclusion For Corgi Breeders in Ohio
Getting your Corgi from a respectable and trusted Corgi breeder in Ohio is essential because you want to get a dog that you can share your life with for a long time. Yes, they don’t come with a cheap price tag, but a dog in tip-top shape, basic trained, and ready to socialize will thrive in your home. If possible, please visit each potential in-person and don’t support puppy mills.
If traveling to these Corgi breeders in Ohio is too far, you can check out our recommendations from other states:
- Best Corgi Breeders in Illinois
- Best Corgi Breeders in North Carolina
- Best Corgi Breeders in New York
To learn more about the Corgi dog breed, watch “Why I Decided On a Corgi Dog” from VlogAfterCollege down below:
Garrett loves animals and is a huge advocate for all Doodle dog breeds. He owns his own Goldendoodle named Kona. In addition, he volunteers at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, where he fosters dogs and helps animals. Garrett enjoys writing about Doodles and believes that dogs can teach humans more about how to live than humans can teach a dog.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.