This guide will tell you everything you need to know about the price of a Pomapoo. Pomapoos are a hybrid mix between Pomeranian and Toy Poodle. You may also hear these dogs referred to as Pompoos, Pooranians, and Pomeroodles.
Pomapoos are known for their compact bodies and deep affection for their humans. The Pomapoos’ small size makes them adaptable to all living situations.
So, whether you live in an apartment or a house, your Pomapoo will be happy. In addition, Pomapoos are known for being brilliant dogs that are easy to train.
As you can see, these little dogs have many great qualities that make them highly desirable. So, if you want to welcome one of these beautiful dogs into your life, check out the information below to find out everything there is to know about the price of a Pomapoo.
Learning The Price of a Pomapoo
Pomapoos’ great personalities and beauty make them a desirable designer dog breed. Therefore, you can expect to pay anywhere from $250 to $2,000 on a Pomapoo, depending on where you get your dog from.
Suppose you choose to adopt a Pomapoo from a rescue organization or animal shelter. In that case, you are more likely to spend a smaller amount of money on your dog. In addition, these organizations typically do not “sell” dogs but instead ask for an adoption fee.
Adoption fees are used to maintain the organization and help feed and house dogs in need. These fees are usually anywhere from $250 to $750. On the other hand, if you decide to purchase a Pomapoo directly from a breeder, you are more likely to pay the price on the higher end.
Pomapoos from reputable breeders typically cost between $1,000 and $2,000. However, this price may differ slightly higher or lower, depending on variables.
Adopting vs. Purchasing a Pomapoo
As we mentioned above, you can take two different routes to get a Pomapoo. First, you can adopt one of these dogs from a local animal shelter or rescue organization.
The other option is to purchase a Pomapoo from a breeder or pet store. Below we will explore these options and how they compare in cost.
Adopting a Pomapoo
These options are usually cheaper than buying from a breeder or a pet store, ranging from $250 to $750. However, there are some setbacks in adopting from one of these organizations.
First, you are less likely to find a puppy if you adopt it from a shelter or rescue. Typically, dogs in these scenarios have been surrendered or rescued, which means they are usually older than puppies.
That being said, it is not entirely impossible to find a puppy, just unlikely. In some rare cases, these organizations take pregnant dogs into their care. If that is the case, you may be able to find a puppy.
However, another one of the drawbacks of adopting is that you cannot plan on what breeds will be available. Pomapoos are a relatively new designer dog breed, so there are limited amounts available.
Therefore, finding one at a shelter or rescue is slim, especially since they are desirable dogs. All that being said, it is not impossible to find a Pomapoo to adopt.
You will have to be dedicated to your search. If you are set on getting your dog from a shelter or rescue, contact one in advance and let them know what you are looking for.
That way, if they do get a Pomapoo in their care, you can be alerted right away. In addition, this method of adoption is much cheaper than purchasing a Pomapoo directly from a breeder or pet store.
Purchasing a Pomapoo
If you decide to purchase a Pomapoo puppy, you have two main options. First, you can adopt a puppy straight from the breeder. The other option you have is buying a dog from a pet store.
These options are more expensive than adopting, ranging in price from $1,000 to $2,000. But they guarantee that you will receive the dog you are looking for. Of course, if you choose to go the breeder route, you should always ensure that it is reputable.
There are certain things to keep in mind when selecting a reputable breeder. First, ask if the breeder conducts health tests on parent dogs; this reduces the likelihood of your puppy contracting a hereditary disease.
Additionally, you should choose a breeder with a health guarantee that ensures that your dog is covered if it is discovered that it is suffering from a health problem. These things will ensure that your puppy is happy and healthy when you adopt it.
However, these things make adopting from a breeder pricier than other places, but it is worth the price. If you adopt a dog from a pet store, ensure that the pet store gets its puppies from a reputable source. Unfortunately, many pet stores get their dogs from puppy mills, resulting in unhealthy and unhappy pets.
When adopting from a pet store, ask for health records for puppies and parent dogs. A responsible pet store that gets its puppies from safe breeders will be able to provide you with information on health and safety protocols.
What Determines the Price of a Pomapoo?
As you can see, the price of a Pomapoo puppy can vary greatly. Besides the source of adoption, other factors affect whether your puppy is on the lower or higher end of the price range. Below, you will find the most common factors that contribute to the price of a Pomapoo.
- Breeder Reputation: Although this was mentioned before, it is essential to stress the importance of breeder reputation. The more reputable the breeder, the healthier the dog you will receive. However, this can also contribute to the price of your dog as they conduct essential testing that costs money.
- Location: The location of where you get your Pomapoo puppy can contribute to the price. If you want to adopt from a breeder, you may have to pay extra for transportation costs if you do not live in the area. Also, if there are no reputable pet stores, breeders, or rescues in your area, you may have to travel to find your perfect dog, which can be pricey.
- Age: Often, the dog’s age contributes to the cost. If you are getting a puppy, you are likely to pay more. However, adult dogs are often sold for less. However, the lower price may come with some drawbacks because older dogs are more likely to have health problems.
- Pedigree: A dog’s pedigree plays a significant role in its cost. If a puppy comes from two champion dogs, it will be more expensive. In the case of a Pomapoo, if the Poodle parent or the Pomeranian parent has a good pedigree, it will be more expensive. However, this also guarantees that your dog comes from a good and healthy lineage.
- Supply and Demand: Because of their increasing popularity and excellent characteristics, Pomapoos are in high demand. However, these are relatively new dog breeds, which are harder to find than the average breed. Therefore, demand is high, but supply is low, which adds to the price. That being said, if you happen to look for a dog in an area that has multiple breeders, you are likely to get a lower price. Again, this is because there are more dogs readily available.
Conclusion For “What is The Price of a Pomapoo”
As you can see, many factors contribute to the price of a Pomapoo. These beautiful little dogs range in price from $250 to $2,000, depending on the circumstances.
If you are looking for an older dog for a lower price, you will have better luck with a Pomapoo from a shelter or rescue. However, finding a dog from one of these places will require patience. If you are set on adopting a puppy, you will choose a reputable breeder or pet store.
These options are slightly more expensive but allow you to gain more information about your dog’s pedigree and health. However, regardless of the price you pay for your Pomapoo, one thing is guaranteed. You will receive a beautiful and loving dog.
If this guide helped you learn the price of a Pomapoo, check out these other articles:
To learn more about the Pomapoo dog breed, you can watch “Pomapoo – A Complete Guide to The Pomeranian Mix” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.