If you’re looking for Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania, here’s some breeding information we think you should know. The American Pitbull is a family and companion breed that was initially bred for baiting bulls. Over time, the dog evolved into an all-around farm dog before shifting into a home because they became calm around children when properly trained.
Pitbulls oftentimes have a bad reputation, but when bred correctly for temperament and personality, they are some of the most loveable dog breeds in the world. It’s really no surprise that you’ll see many Pitbull puppies for sale in Pennsylvania.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
When it comes to their temperament, a lot of negative publicity exists. It’s worth noting that their behavior originates from unethical handlers who’ve bred the dogs to create aggressive fighting animals and guard dogs. The truth is that this breed is kind, loyal, and brave, making them outstanding family members and companions. Here’s your list of the best Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania!
1. Calvin’s Pitbull Home Pennsylvania
The first on the list of Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania is Calvin’s Pitbull Home. The breeder has more than 12 years of experience raising Pitbulls and believes that each puppy deserves the best beginning. The breeder implements the puppy culture program, which starts at birth and continues until 12 weeks. The puppies at Calvin’s Pitbull undergo neurological stimulation at three days old. It involves audio therapy and recovery exercise.
Moreover, the introduction of collar wearing takes place during this program as well. The breeder specializes only in Pitbull breeding to ensure they produce quality breeds. Their puppies also come with a 1-year health guarantee.
Calvin’s Pitbull Home Details
- Website: Calvin’s Pitbull Home
2. AKC American Pitbull Terrier
This Pitbull breeder takes pride in raising healthy and quality Pitbull puppies under ideal conditions. The kennel strives to breed loyal and loving companions by selecting compatible bloodlines. They raise the Pitbull puppies in their home rather than in a kennel and treat them like family. At AKC, the puppies undergo potty training once they begin walking and clients receive excellent guidance and support.
If you’re keen on acquiring any of their Pitbull puppies but reside too far to pick up the puppy, the breeder is willing to make arrangements to deliver your puppy. They’ll ship the puppy to the nearest airport or hand-deliver the pet to your residence. It’s worth noting that delivery costs vary depending on the region, country, or county. In most cases, you’ll receive your puppy within 48 hours if you live within the U.S. and 72 hours for international deliveries. Keep in mind that delays are possible because of puppy checking or the weather. Therefore, you’ll want to confirm the flight before you leave for the airport.
- The puppy should be at least 9 weeks, 4 days old.
- A veterinarian health/acclimation certificate must accompany the puppy.
Shipping Pitbull puppies is usually safe, and trucking companies or airlines have processes in place to ensure your puppy arrives in good health. Airlines will ship your puppy in the cargo compartment, mainly if there’s no need for cargo transfer or a layover. This method is perhaps the safest but will cost you more. The Pitbull breeder uses this method mostly because they pay an extra pet fee. They also ship through a trucking company that specializes in pet transportation.
The second option is that the trucks transport the Pitbull puppies and pick and drop them off on a planned route covering almost half the U.S. in a long trip. Before shipping, the breeder strives to give their Pitbull puppies a Bordetella vaccine to prevent other pets or dogs’ likelihood of infecting them. By the time you receive your pet, the dog will have received the necessary deworming and vaccinations. They’ll also come with a microchip and a lifetime health guarantee.
AKC American Pitbull Terrier Details
- Website: AKC American Pitbull Terrier
- Email: info@ Akcamericanpitbullterrier.com
3. Pitbull Puppies Home
Last on the list of Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania is Pitbull Puppies Home. The breeder takes pride in implementing a well-planned breeding program. With more than 25 years of experience, the breeder adopts thorough breeding practices and ensures their dogs originate from excellent pedigrees with champion lines. They seek to breed Pitbulls with appealing appearances and sweet temperaments. The breeder raises the puppies in their home, giving them a unique opportunity to develop a companionship that enhances traits such as loyalty and patience in the dogs and their owners.
The terms you must follow upon acquiring any of their Pitbull puppies include:
- You’ll take the puppy to a vet promptly and ensure the pet remains healthy. The initial visit should ideally take place within 48 hours of your Pitbull puppy’s arrival. It will verify that problems didn’t arise during shipping and that your vet is familiar with the puppy if a situation emerges.
- The Pitbull breeder won’t be liable for a puppy’s disease exposure after leaving their care. It implies that you’re responsible for determining where you take the pet and who handles him. Also, it would be best if you didn’t expose your puppy to formerly infested disease locations or places with elevated disease exposure.
- The breeder won’t cover any vet expenses you incur upon purchasing the puppy.
- If your puppy receives a hereditary or congenital life-threatening defect diagnosis, you must provide a vet-signed statement. In this case, you’ll receive a replacement depending on availability. However, you must return the original puppy before you can receive a replacement.
- The guarantee will become invalid if you sell the puppy to a 3rd party and haven’t taken standard precautions.
- You should beware of the puppy’s medical history and accept it. On the same note, you have a responsibility to obtain vet advice when necessary and cover the related expenses. When the puppy leaves the breeder’s care, you assume liability for all bills and the puppy’s care. If the puppy dies, the breeder reserves the right to request an autopsy at the purchaser’s cost. If the autopsy establishes that the breeder is responsible, the breeder should replace the puppy.
- In the replacement case, the breeder should provide a healthy puppy of a similar quality as the original one as soon as possible. Remember, you’ll be liable for the shipping charges related to returning the initial puppy and receiving a replacement. If you decide to decline a replacement puppy, the guarantee will become invalid.
All of the Pitbull puppies for sale bought from this breeder come with a guarantee. Beware that you have a 10-day timeframe from when you purchased the puppy to take him to a licensed vet for an exam. If the vet establishes that the dog exhibits signs of clinical illness or has died from a disease contracted before the delivery date, you can choose from one of these options:
- Return the pet and obtain a complete refund
- Return the pet for a replacement of equal value
- Maintain the dog and obtain compensation for reasonable veterinary charges, not surpassing the buying cost.
Beware that the options mentioned are invalid in a case where an owner, who has offered a vet-issued certificate, discloses the health issue for which the client later returns the dog. If a licensed vet determines within 30 days that your pet has a hereditary or congenital disability that affects your pet’s health adversely, you can choose from the outlined options. You have two business days to inform the owner and provide the details of the examining vet. The failure to do this will subsequently lead to the forfeiture of your rights.
Pitbull Puppies Home Details
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information About Pitbull Puppies in Pennsylvania
Their tenacity and courage make them popular competitors in agility and weight-pulling. Remember, this breed isn’t for everybody, particularly if you’re unwilling to invest time in socialization and training or won’t offer constant firm guidance. When raised with appropriate socialization and training, you’ll have a great companion for children. If you’re looking to own an intelligent dog who’s loyal and devoted, here’s a look at pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania.
Breeding Pitbulls is comparatively easy because the breed is vast enough to prevent most whelping issues. Furthermore, their overall health doesn’t make them a risk for breeding. On average, you can expect the breed to produce 5-10 puppies per litter. The litter’s size will differ based on the parents’ age, the mother’s size, and the female’s overall fitness. Today, the breed demonstrates athleticism by competing in numerous canine competitions, including weight pulling agility and tracking. It isn’t surprising because they derive their size and strength from their bulldog roots while their agility and speed come from the terrier side.
Conclusion For Pitbull Breeders in Pennsylvania
The Pitbull is ideal if you’re seeking a friendly and intelligent dog that’s easily trainable. All you need is the right Pitbull breeder for your new pet that is temperament tested and socialized. If you’re planning to purchase from unknown Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania, we recommend that you do your research. Keep an eye out for red flags because many puppy mills are breeding in unethical ways. Hopefully, this guide will help you bring home a new companion to begin a new chapter of your life!
If traveling to these Pitbull breeders in Pennsylvania is too far, you can check our recommendations from the state closest to you:
- Best Pitbull Breeders in New York
- Best Pitbull Breeders in Texas
- Best Pitbull Breeders in California
To learn more about the Pitbull dog breed, watch “History of Dog Breeds: Pitbulls” from Cesar Millan down below:
Garrett loves animals and is a huge advocate for all Doodle dog breeds. He owns his own Goldendoodle named Kona. In addition, he volunteers at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, where he fosters dogs and helps animals. Garrett enjoys writing about Doodles and believes that dogs can teach humans more about how to live than humans can teach a dog.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.