Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia. It is a challenge to find Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia, but you are in the right place. Goldendoodles are the most adorable little creatures that you will come to instantly love.
There is just something about them. The perfect mix between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle, Goldendoodles are playful, witty, and beautiful. As it is hypoallergenic, it is a favorite among those who are more sensitive.
Before scrolling down this list of Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Dog Rescues in Nova Scotia and Best Dog Rescues in the North East.
Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale in Nova Scotia
If you are on the hunt for Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia, you have come to the right place. We take a close look at some of the best breeders where you can get this designer dog. Let’s dive in.
1. Green Acres Kennel
Green Acres Kennel is a notable pet breeder in Nova Scotia. Owned by Donnie McCarron, Goldendoodles have been bred since 2014. Covering around 100 acres of green pastures, the breeder provides puppies with the perfect space to be happy and healthy. Only high-quality family puppies that help people with anxiety, autism, and PTSD are offered.
In addition to Goldendoodles, it also offers Bernadoodles and Labradoodles. The puppies up for adoption have undergone a vet check and are dewormed, microchipped, and come with a two-year health guarantee.
Here is what you need to know about the adoption process:
- Waitlist Application Submission: For a chance to get a dog from the breeder, you have to first join the waiting list by completing the waitlist application. You will need to make a non-refundable deposit as well. However, it is all worth it in the end, as Green Acres Kennel helps you throughout the process so that you can bring home a furry buddy.
- Confirmation: Once your waitlist application is received, you will get a confirmation.
- Birth of Puppies: The moment new puppies are born, you will be informed. The breeder will provide pictures to get you acquainted.
- Puppy Confirmation: The waitlist will influence when you would be able to get puppies. You must select a puppy from the existing litter or wait for a new one.
- Puppy Updates: Next, you will receive video and picture updates of the puppy.
- Book Your Pickup Date: You will need to make an appointment to pick up your puppy and bring it home.
- Pickup: Lastly, you must attend a meeting, make the required payment, and sign all the paperwork. The breeder will provide you with tips to look after your new Goldendoodle.
Green Acres Kennel Details
- Website: Green Acres Kennel
- Address / Location: Antigonish, Nova Scotia
- Phone Number: (902) 867-0361
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook
2. Doodle Creek
One of the best Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia is Doodle Creek. It is CKC registered and known for breeding high-quality puppies. Established in 2007, the Doodle Creek is owned by a passionate dog lover. Anyone who has been to a CKC event is likely to have come across their dogs.
You can count on the breeder to get your hands on a happy dog. Doodle Creek has some of the best breeding facilities. It even houses dogs that do not do well with others. Each puppy is provided with a bed where they can cuddle and lounge. There is even a play area where it can socialize with others.
Moreover, every dog undergoes a hip test, elbow test, and health clearance before adoption. In addition to this, the breeder also performs DNA tests to identify hereditary diseases and guarantees that the puppy you adopt is perfectly healthy. The breeder also provides dog grooming, boarding, and daycare service.
It has extensive experience in breeding and dog training. Moreover, they have a standard adoption process. Adopters browse available litters on their website, choose the one they like, fill out an application form, and submit it along with the application fee.
Once the puppy is 5 to 7 weeks old, the breeder will reach out to you to come and collect your puppy at an open house event. If you are in Nova Scotia and cannot travel to Atwood, you can ask the breeder to ship you your Doodle. Doodle Creeks ships worldwide, so you can rest assured that your Doodle will arrive safely.
Doodle Creek Details
- Website: Doodle Creek
- Address / Location: 7138 Road, 169 Atwood, ON, N0G 1B0, Canada
- Phone Number: (519) 721-9510
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram
3. King’s Doodles
As King’s Doodles does not have a stringent process for adopting a puppy, you can reach out to them for a chance to become a pet parent. Call the number given below or fill out the online contact form to get in touch with the breeder and find details.
King’s Doodles Details
- Website: King’s Doodles
- Address / Location: 1429 route 8, Nashwaak Bridge, New Brunswick, Canada
- Phone Number: (506) 457-2961
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook
4. Scotia Doodles
Last on the list of Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia is Scotia Doodles. Located near Halifax, the breeder is known for offering great companion dogs. As the puppies live in a home environment, they know how to play and socialize. Scotia Doodles has facilities that cover an acre.
You need to make a reservation to get a puppy. It provides its dogs with plenty of space to run and explore. Each dog is tested for genetic disorders. Only the best breeds are combined with a Poodle to provide intelligent and energetic puppies perfect for your home.
You must understand that the breeder reviews each application to ensure that the puppies are placed in a home that suits their activity level, temperament, and size. Interested adopters are screened to make a decision.
Scotia Doodles Details
- Website: Scotia Doodles
- Address / Location: Brookside, Nova Scotia
- Email: ScotiaDoodles@gmail.com
- Social Media: Facebook
How to Choose a Goldendoodle Breeder in Nova Scotia
Now that you know about the breeders in Nova Scotia, you must wonder how you can select the best breeder committed to providing high-quality dogs. To help you make the right decision, here are some factors that you should consider the following list below.
- Reputation: When looking for a Goldendoodle breeder, you need to focus on reputation. You have to make sure that the breeder has a good reputation. Otherwise, it would not be committed to providing a high-quality puppy. You can learn more about the reputation of the breeder by reading by people have to say online.
- Health Checks: Next, you also must ensure that the breeders perform health checks. It is easy to overlook this. However, you must learn more about the dog’s medical history to ensure that you get your hands on a furry buddy that is not suffering from any health conditions.
- Health Warranties: Another thing to look out for is health warranties. To stay safe, you need to choose a breeder that provides health warranties. It would help safeguard your expenditure and ensure that you can claim if the dog is later found to have health issues.
- DNA Testing: The breeder you choose should conduct DNA testing and share the results with you to pick out a healthy dog that does not have any hereditary disease.
- Vaccinations: If there is one thing that you have to consider, vaccinations. The breeder must provide a fully vaccinated dog that you can bring into your home.
- Communication: Since socialization issues are possible, you also have to ensure that the breeder has a dedicated program for meeting the communication needs of the dog. It is a good idea to meet with the breeder in person before deciding to adopt.
More Information About Goldendoodle Breeders in Nova Scotia
What is the Cost of Dog Adoption in Nova Scotia?
If you are interested in adopting a dog in Nova Scotia, you will need to spend $250. However, a designer breed can easily cost you over $1,000.
Are There Goldendoodles in Nova Scotia?
Although Nova Scotia is not as populated as Ontario, Quebec, or British Columbia, it has a growing Goldendoodles population. You might even know someone who has a Goldendoodle.
Can Nova Scotia Residents Get a Goldendoodle?
In Nova Scotia, you are likely to come across a dog wherever you go. It solidifies the fact that the province is pet-friendly. Therefore, you should experience no issues getting a dog as long as you prove to the breeder that you can look after it.
Conclusion For The “Best Goldendoodle Breeders in Nova Scotia”
After you have gone over our post, you will know the top breeders for getting a Goldendoodle in Nova Scotia. The main reason why you need to adopt the breed is that it is obedient. In fact, it makes for the perfect service animal. It explains why there are many Goldendoodles in nursing homes.
If you want a dog that cheers you up with its happy demeanor, a Goldendoodle is just the dog for you. It will ensure that you always have a smile on your face. Besides, it would quickly befriend your children, cat, and just about everyone it encounters.
The places listed above follow ethical breeding practices along with sound dog training that produces healthy and well-trained Goldendoodle puppies. Browse their websites to learn more; happy Doodling.
For more guides similar to this list of Goldendoodle breeders in Nova Scotia, you can check out:
- Best Goldendoodle Breeders in the United Kingdom
- Best Goldendoodle Breeders in Delaware
- Best Goldendoodle Breeders in San Diego
Before you buy a Goldendoodle from a breeder in Nova Scotia, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Goldendoodle Dog Breed Guide” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.