Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia. Originally bred as water dogs in Germany, Poodles are intelligent, disciplined, good-natured, and noble animals.
There are three main Poodles in the United States and Canada: Miniature, Toy, and Standard. They come in various colors, such as Black, Cream, Apricot, Silver, Grey, Brown, etc. They do require grooming regularly, about every six to eight weeks.
When looking for a Poodle breeder, you should ensure that all health tests have been carried out and the breeder has met all standard health specifications according to the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC).
Before scrolling down this list of Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia, check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Labrador Breeders in Nova Scotia and Best Labradoodle Breeders in Nova Scotia.
Poodle Puppies For Sale in Nova Scotia
To make your search easier, we have put together the best Poodle breeders in the region.
1. Dobbit Standard Poodles
Dobbit Standard Poodles is of the many Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia that started from a barn in 2015. They love engaging with the community and inviting people to come to their farm, the Clarke Farm.
In addition to engaging with the community and holding fundraisers for the welfare of dogs, Dobbit Standard Poodles also breeds Poodles. The Clarke Farm family has five Poodles members too. The family’s poodles are well-loved and used for their breeding program.
If you are interested in purchasing a Poodle puppy from them, you need to fill out a puppy application form. The form will inform this puppy breeder in Nova Scotia about your requirements and readability to adopt a pet.
You should know the following if you plan to adopt a Poodle puppy from Dobbit Standard Poodles:
- You should put down a deposit of $250 to hold the puppy after it is born.
- They have a public waiting list on their website, which will give you an idea of how popular their puppies are.
- The application form will require references. The breeder will call the contacts provided to confirm your viability as a pet parent.
- They prefer to meet the potential owners, so this breeder might not be the one for you if you cannot physically visit them.
- You can make gender and color specifications, but that is no guarantee that you will get it.
- The sale agreement is available on their website. Please read it thoroughly before you decide to purchase the puppy.
If you are wondering what Dobbit Standard Poodles look like, they have a complete profile of their pet parents and past litters on their site. Looking at the pet parents will give you an idea of how the litter will turn out.
Dobbit Standard Poodles Details
- Website: Dobbit Standard Poodles
- Address: 225 Highway 357 Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada B0J 2L0
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Dobbit Standard Poodles’ Facebook
- Instagram: Dobbit Standard Poodles’ Instagram
2. Leeward Standard Poodles
Geoff Le Boutillier has 70 years of experience with Poodles and is one of the many well-known Poodle breeders. With his wife, they travel the globe looking for the best male Poodle for their female Poodles.
Geoff Le Boutillier is well known in the acting and theatre circles. He helped found the Writers Guild of Canada and a founding member of the Canadian Media Association, but his real passion is Poodles.
If you are interested in purchasing from Leeward Standard Poodles, then you should know the following in regards to their standard contract:
- Their next litter is in the Spring of 2022, so you can contact them now if you are interested.
- The buyer will, at their expense, pay for a veterinarian check-up within 48 hours of signing the sale agreement.
- The warranty of good health is for three years, so if there is any severe health issue that develops within that period, the buyer can have the dog replaced.
- Leeward Standard Poodles will guarantee that the puppies are free from health issues. All Poodles are tested for hip dysplasia as certified by the Orthopaedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). Moreover, the breeder ensures that other health tests are undertaken as required.
- The puppies you buy from Leeward Standard Poodles cannot be used for breeding purposes unless certain conditions are met. For more information, read the seller agreement.
- All puppies are spayed and neutered before being given up for adoption.
Leeward Standard Poodles Details
- Website: Leeward Standard Poodles
- Address: 680 Indian Point Rd, Glen Haven, NS B3Z 2T7, Canada
- Phone: (902) 823-1404
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Leeward Standard Poodles
3. Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles AKA Poodle Point
The Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles recently relocated to Nicholsville in Nova Scotia. Their new location is now called Poodle Point. They still go by the name of Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles, and they assure their followers that the Poodles are still the same. They are expecting their next litter in the spring.
Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles is a pet breeder in Nova Scotia that takes a personal approach to the science of breeding dogs by trying to contact every buyer personally to get to know them. If you are interested in buying a Poodle from Farm Hill, you should know the following:
- The first step is the initial contact with the breeder. This is where they will try and determine why you want a Poodle and if you will be able to provide a loving home for the new puppy. This is an interview, so you should be prepared to answer their questions about your background, lifestyle, history with pets, etc.
- If you pass the first step, they will ask you to reserve a puppy. You can inform the breeder that you would like to reserve one. Fortunately, no deposit is needed to reserve a puppy.
- After the puppies are born, you can then come and select yours when they are seven weeks old. The breeder will help you choose your puppy based on the puppy’s temperament and what she has gathered about yours.
- You will be asked to sign a Sale Agreement and a Canadian Kennel Club Non-Breeding Contract at the time of purchase.
Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles Details
- Website: Fair Hill Farm Standard Poodles
- Address: 468 Lake Drive Tupper Lake, Nova Scotia Canada B0P 1G0
- Email: [email protected]
4. Diamond Poodles
If you are looking for a Miniature Poodle breeder in Nova Scotia, then Diamond Poodles is for you. Diamond Poodles is small breeding set up in Lower Sackville that takes breeding personally.
They are breeding Poodles to help Frances, the matron of the family. Frances bred Poodles as a young lady and loved dogs in general. Unfortunately, she has dementia now, and having Poodles around her helps; therefore, the family has picked up breeding again.
If you are interested in getting in touch with Diamond Poodles, the best way is to submit the contact us form available on their Contact page. They are wary of giving out their contact information over the internet but would like to hear from legitimate interested customers.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can purchase a Miniature Poodle from Diamond, you should know the following:
- All puppies come with health and vaccination records.
- Puppies can have visitors when they are six weeks old. Puppies will be taken home by eight weeks after being born.
- Female dogs do not mate more than once a year and never during their first heat. Diamond Poodles does not believe in removing tails or claws.
- If, for some reason, you cannot keep the puppy, then it should be given back to Diamond Poodles, who will gladly take the puppy so that it does not end up in a shelter.
- All dogs are treated like family members and given many opportunities for socialization.
Diamond Poodles Details
- Website: Diamond Poodles
- Address: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia.
5. LeeAnns Poodles
Last on the list of the best Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia is “LeeAnns Poodles.” LeeAnns Poodles is located in Prince Edward Island, near Nova Scotia. They are a Canadian Kennel Club permanently registered and well-known in the region.
LeeAnns Poodles participate in dog shows and have won many awards. The breeder is recognized as a professional and knows the Poodle breed quite well, as indicated by the number of awards her dogs have won.
If you are interested in purchasing a puppy from LeeAnn, then you should know the following:
- All puppies are CKC registered and come with a non-breeding agreement.
- They will come with their first shots.
- They have received de-worming medication three times.
- They come with six weeks of complimentary pet insurance.
- All puppies come with a puppy pack, coupons, and a blanket.
- They come with a two-year guarantee and a lifetime of support if needed.
LeeAnns Poodles does not have any puppies, but it would be good to check back soon to see when a new litter might be on its way.
LeeAnns Poodles Details
- Website: LeeAnns Poodles
- Address: 277 Line of Lot Rd, Souris, PE C0A 2B0, Canada
- Phone: (902) 687-1370
- Email: [email protected]
How to Choose a Poodle Breeder in Nova Scotia
Responsible Poodle breeders should be the first quality you look for when searching for Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia. What does responsible mean? A responsible breeder is not just looking to make a sale or generate an income from breeding dogs.
Responsible breeders CARE about who they are selling the puppy to. Every legitimate breeder wants to ensure their puppies will be in good hands. If you feel uncomfortable by the number of questions, you are being asked, rest assured that they are a sign of a good breeder.
Conclusion For The “Best Poodle Breeders in Nova Scotia”
You won’t go wrong with this list of Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia. We have given you a great list of Standard Poodle breeders in the state; all of these breeders are registered with the CKC, provide health and vaccination records, and maintain a credible online presence. Be sure to visit the facilities and take your time to check out the breeder and their dogs before you purchase. Happy Poodle hunting.
For more guides similar to this list of Poodle breeders in Nova Scotia, you can check out:
- Best Poodle Breeders in British Columbia
- Best Poodle Breeders in Ottawa
- Best Poodle Breeders in Alberta
Before you bring home a Poodle from a breeder in Nova Scotia, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Everything You Need to Know About Owning a Poodle Puppy” down below: