Poodles are widely loved. The chances are that you might know someone who has a Poodle. Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best Poodle breeders in Ottawa.
It is the most instantly-recognizable dog breed out there and is known for its stylish looks, intelligence, and sweet nature. You can get this little creature for your home from poodle breeders in Ottawa.
Before scrolling down this list of Poodle breeders in Ottawa, check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Cockapoo Breeders in Ottawa and Best Golden Retriever Breeders in Ottawa.
Poodle Puppies For Sale in Ottawa
With plenty of talents to keep you occupied, you will never get bored of a Poodle. Many famous icons have owned a Poodle, including Walt Disney, Elvis Presley, Katherine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball, Jackie Kennedy, and Elizabeth Taylor. If you want to get a Poodle, too, here are some breeders that you need to know about.
1. Family Standard Poodle
One of the best Poodle breeders in Ottawa is Family Standard Poodle. Run by a retired health care worker and her family, you can count on this breeder to get dogs with a healthy, compatible bloodline. Get home-raised, CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) registered puppies from them.
The available puppies have been eyes-tested and have parents who have good hips. Therefore, you have nothing to worry about. Each puppy is socialized ad gets plenty of fresh air. Besides, Family Standard Poodle offers a more affordable option.
When you browse through the healthy and strong puppies, you will realize just how much effort the breeder puts into caring for the little creatures. Moreover, their application form is relatively straightforward and should not take long to fill.
Family Standard Poodle Details
- Website: Family Standard Poodle
- Address / Location: Owen Sound, Ontario
- Phone Number: (226) 923-2375
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook
2. A & R Country Kennel
The following pet breeder in Ottawa that you need to know about is A & R Country Kennel. Incorporated in 2001, this registered dog breeder specializes in Poodle crosses. It ensures that healthy and non-shedding litter is offered.
A & R Country Kennel is located just over an hour away from Ottawa and trains its Poodles so that they make for the perfect pets. In addition to this, it offers a 2-year health guarantee and practices natural breeding techniques.
Interested adopters are encouraged to visit their facility to meet with their desired puppy. Otherwise, it also provides delivery to residents of Ottawa and nearby areas. Its Poodle crosses include Bernadoodles, Cava-Poos, Cock-a-Poos, Schnoodles, and Shih-Poos.
A & R Country Kennel Details
- Website: A & R Country Kennel
- Address / Location: Hermon, Ontario
- Phone Number: (613) 332-6232
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram
3. Rock Haven Standard Poodles
Rock Haven Standard Poodles are popular puppy breeders in Ottawa. Situated just 30 minutes away from Ottawa, its puppies are registered with CKC and have a champion bloodline. Each dog is tested for a thyroid panel, eye screening, neonatal encephalopathy, Von Willebrand’s disease, and hip dysplasia to ensure that adopters get an utterly healthy pet.
It even performs DNA testing to ensure that only the best Poodles are provided. Currently, Rock Haven Standard Poodles only breeds black and blue standard Poodles. You can expect dew claws and docked tails. It does not support any form of cross-breeding. The puppies are raised at home and are well-mannered.
You have to reach out to the breeder and let them know that you are interested in Poodle adoption. When you send them a message, they should get back to you within a day or two. Then, they will guide you every step of the way so that you can adopt a puppy in no time.
Rock Haven Standard Poodles Details
- Website: Rock Haven Standard Poodles
- Address / Location: Carleton Place, Ontario
- Phone Number: (613) 257-8211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook
4. Kush Nivas
Kush Nivas is an excellent option if you want to adopt a socialized dog. It caters to every type of dog, including Poodles, and uses only the best techniques to raise puppies. It treats each puppy as a family member and facilitates quick adoptions. Kush Nivas is also a superb breeder an hour away from Ottawa.
In addition to the above, it tries to provide as much support to future adopters as possible. Hence, you can rest assured knowing that you are in good hands when you reach out to them. Its philosophy is to work with dogs to ensure that they are temperamentally sound.
The dogs available for adoption have passed health testing and are bred to perform with obedience in mind. All of its dogs are happy and healthy. Take a look at its female dogs to get an idea about the type of Poodles it offers.
Kush Nivas Details
- Website: Kush Nivas
- Address / Location: Maberly, Ontario
- Phone Number: (613) 268-9991
- Email: email@example.com
5. Signet Poodles
Last on the list of the best Poodle Breeders in Ottawa is Signet Poodles. It is considered the breeder of the top obedience Poodles in Canada. Based an hour south of Ottawa, it is dedicated to raising quality puppies. As the dogs are home-raised, they are thoroughly socialized.
Moreover, it also performs DNA testing to ensure that the dogs are healthy. Whether you are looking for the ultimate companion or a show dog, its selectively-bred Poodles are worth considering.
When you get a dog from Signet, you will adopt a creature that has been tested for versatility, temperament, and soundness. As it has been around since 1982, it is highly reputable and has raised dogs that have received a multitude of certifications and prizes.
Signet Poodles Details
- Website: Signet Poodles
- Address / Location: East Brockville, Ontario
- Phone Number: (613) 925-3174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Facebook
How to Choose One of the Best Poodle Breeders in Ottawa?
Since selecting a Poodle breeder is a huge decision, you could use all the help you can get. Here are some of the tips you should consider to choose the right breeder for adopting a puppy.
- Reputation: When looking for a Poodle breeder, you must consider reputation. Only a reputable breeder would be concerned about the service it provides and would go out of its way to ensure that you are satisfied. To uncover the breeder’s reputation, you should browse through the internet and read reviews that past customers have left. Make sure to read plenty of testimonials before making up your mind.
- Health Checks: The breeder should perform necessary health checks to ensure that the dog you adopt is perfectly healthy. Since you will be paying for the adoption, ensuring that the breeder is committed to its dogs’ health makes sense.
- Health Warranties: Health warranties should also be considered as they allow you to claim a refund if the dog you adopt is not healthy. If you ask any dog parent, they would tell you just how essential health warranties are and how big of a role they play.
- DNA Testing: Inherited conditions are more severe than you think. This is why you must choose a breeder who provides DNA testing results. By going through the results, you would be able to evaluate your dog’s health.
- Vaccinations: The dogs offered for adoption must be fully vaccinated. Otherwise, the dog you adopt might not be healthy. Besides, you would have to pay for its vaccination. Hence, you should choose a breeder that vaccinates its dogs.
- Communication: Lastly, you need to ensure that you pick out a breeder with a socialization program to improve the communication skills of its puppies. Otherwise, the puppy you adopt would struggle to socialize with you and your family and might even show signs of anxiety.
Related: When is a Toy Poodle Full Grown?
More Information About Poodle Breeders in Ottawa
What is the Cost of Dog Adoption in Ottawa?
If you want to adopt a dog in Ottawa, you will need to spend anywhere from $300 to $450. However, you might need to spend more or less than this estimate depending on the breeder you choose and how willing you are to drive to neighboring cities.
Are There Poodles in Ottawa?
Ottawa is home to all types of dogs, including Poodles. There are various dog parks throughout the city where you can spot these dogs.
Can Ottawa Residents Get a Poodle Dog?
Residents of Ottawa love owning a pet. Many of them own a dog. Hence, you should have no trouble adopting one.
Conclusion For The “Best Poodle Breeders in Ottawa”
Poodles are the perfect family-friendly dog that you cannot go wrong with. They have a big heart and always find ways to show appreciation towards their owners. Besides, their fabulous hair and size allow you to take them wherever you go.
Poodles are what you need if you are a fan of big dogs but prefer something cuter. When you get a Poodle for your home, its playful nature will keep you happy. You will be delighted to return home with a smiling face wanting to hug you.
For more guides similar to this list of Poodle breeders in Ottawa, you can check out:
- Best Poodle Breeders in Alberta
- Best Poodle Breeders in Ontario
- Best Poodle Breeders in the United Kingdom
Before you bring home a Poodle from a breeder in Ottawa, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Poodles 101: Everything You Need to Know Before Owning a Poodle” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.