There are many benefits to adopting a Dachshund from a Tennessee rescue. You can usually adopt a Dachshund from a Tennessee rescue that has already been socialized and trained.
Additionally, many rescues in Tennessee have a wide variety of Dachshunds available for adoption, so you are sure to find the perfect dog for your family.
Last but not least, adopting a Dachshund from a Tennessee rescue can save a dog from euthanasia. Several Dachshund rescues in Tennessee may have dogs available for adoption.
Before you scroll further down this list of Dachshund rescues in Tennessee, you can check out these other dog-related recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Small Dog Rescues in Tennessee and Best Corgi Rescues in Tennessee.
Find a Dachshund Rescue Shelter Near Me in Tennessee
Our team at We Love Doodles created this list of the best Dachshund rescues in Tennessee to help you with your search.
1. Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee
This rescue is dedicated to rescuing and rehoming Dachshunds in need. They take in dogs from shelters, other rescues, and owner surrenders. Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee also provides medical care and rehabilitation for needy dogs.
The adoption process for Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee typically includes the following steps:
- Apply: The first step in adopting from Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee is to fill out an adoption application. The application will ask for information about your home, lifestyle, and experience with dogs.
- Interview: After your application is received and reviewed, a representative of Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee will contact you for a phone interview. This is an opportunity to discuss your application and any questions you may have.
- Home visit: If your application is approved, a representative of Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee will conduct a home visit to make sure your home is a safe and appropriate environment for a Dachshund.
- Meet the dog: Once your application is approved and your home visit is completed, you will have the opportunity to meet the dog you are interested in adopting. This is an opportunity to see if the dog is a good fit for your home and family.
- Complete the adoption: If the dog is a good fit, you will complete the adoption process, which typically includes signing an adoption contract and paying an adoption fee.
It’s important to note that the adoption process and requirements may vary depending on the specific needs of each dog, and Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee reserves the right to deny any application for any reason.
It’s best to reach out to the organization for more information on its specific adoption process. Additionally, providing a good and loving home to the adopted dog is always important, with proper care, attention, and love.
Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee
- Location: Tennessee
- Website: Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee
- Facebook: Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee’s Facebook
- Instagram: Dachshund Rescue of Tennessee’s Instagram
2. All-American Dachshund Rescue
All American Dachshund Rescue is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming of Dachshunds. They support the community, helping owners find the best match for their homes and lifestyle.
All-American Dachshund Rescue provides resources on responsible ownership and is dedicated to connecting Dachshunds with loving, forever homes.
All American Dachshund Rescue is committed to providing resources and advocacy to the community and helping prospective Dachshund owners learn the basics of Dachshund care.
They work with their local shelters and rescues to provide medical care and socialization opportunities to Dachshunds in need and to ensure they are adopted into the best home possible.
Their overall mission is to ensure that all Dachshunds live fulfilled and loved lives. Adopting a Dachshund from All American Dachshund Rescue is a wonderful way to find your next companion.
Their Dachshunds come with complete vet records and the best possible care. If you’re interested in adopting, fill out their adoption application, and a representative from the organization will review it and respond promptly.
All-American Dachshund Rescue
- Location: 377 Comstock Rd, Shelbyville, TN 37160
- Website: All-American Dachshund
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue
Not located in Tennessee but a short distance away, Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue is an organization dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating Dachshunds in need. They provide medical and behavioral care for the dogs and place them in permanent homes with people who can provide the love and attention the animals need.
If you’re interested in adopting a Dachshund from Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue, please visit their website for more information. If you’re interested in adopting a Dachshund, you can start by visiting the Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue website.
On the website, you’ll find a list of dogs that are currently available for adoption. When you find the right Dachshund for your family, you’ll need to fill out an adoption application. This application will help the rescue understand your goals and desires when adopting a Dachshund.
After the application is approved, you’ll need to meet with a rescue representative face-to-face and learn more about the Dachshund. From there, you’ll be ready to start your adventure with your very own Dachshund!
Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue
- Location: 3155 NE 49th St, Ocala, FL 34479, United States
- Phone Number: (352) 209-7723
- Website: Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue
- Email Address: DachshundsUnlimited@MSN.com
- Facebook: Dachshunds Unlimited Rescue’s Facebook
4. All Aboard Animal Rescue
The mission of All Aboard Animal Rescue is to find forever homes for pets who, for one reason or another, are abandoned. An adoption interview follows an application process.
They will provide you with the perfect Dachshund for your family if approved. All Aboard Animal Rescue also provides medical and emotional support for Dachshunds that need additional care. They work with each adoption to ensure the perfect match.
They provide follow-up support to ensure the adopter and pup successfully transition. They have also been known to help potential adopters find the right breeders and trainers to ensure the best outcome for all involved.
All Aboard Animal Rescue
- Location: middle TN area
- Website: All Aboard Animal Rescue
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Facebook: All Aboard Animal Rescue’s Facebook
- Instagram: All Aboard Animal Rescue’s Instagram
5. Dachshund Rescue of North America
Dachshund Rescue of North America (DRNA) is the largest network of Dachshund rescue groups in the USA and Canada. They support local rescues and shelters and have saved thousands of Dachshunds needing adoption. They also provide educational material for potential adopters and host fundraising events to support rescue efforts.
DRNA also holds adoption events in many locations, where interested individuals can meet with and learn more about Dachshunds available for adoption. They also provide training and behavior advice to adopters and work to promote responsible pet ownership.
Besides offering advice and support to potential adopters, DRNA also provides resources and support to Dachshund shelters and rescue organizations, helping them to save more lives. DRNA also helps to educate the public on the unique needs of Dachshunds and advocates responsible pet ownership.
They work to break the myths of the breed, reduce misconceptions, battle pet overpopulation, and improve the overall welfare of Dachshunds. They also strive to form lasting relationships between Dachshunds and their adoptive families, ensuring the best outcomes for all involved.
Dachshund Rescue of North America
- Location: Nationwide
- Phone Number: (888) 352-DRNA
- Website: Dachshund Rescue of North America
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Dachshund Rescue of North America’s Facebook
- Twitter: Dachshund Rescue of North America’s Twitter
Before Adopting a Dachshund From a Rescue Shelter in Tennessee
It’s important to note that these are just a few of the Dachshund rescues in Tennessee, and there may be others in your area. It’s best to reach out to specific organizations for more information about their adoption process and the dogs they have available.
Dachshunds are known for being outgoing and friendly. They have lively and curious personalities. They can be quite energetic and playful, and they enjoy spending time with their owners and participating in activities such as playing fetch or going for walks.
They are also known to be quite stubborn and can be difficult to train if they don’t see the motivation for it. However, they are also known for being loyal and affectionate towards their owners and make great companion pets.
They are also known for being protective of their owners and can be territorial, making them good watchdogs. Dachshunds come in three coat types: smooth, wirehaired, and longhaired, each with different grooming needs.
They also come in different sizes, the standard size and the miniature size. Adopting a Dachshund from a rescue in Tennessee can be a great way to give a loving home to a needy dog. Many Dachshund rescues in Tennessee have dogs available for adoption.
Here are a few steps to follow when looking to adopt a Dachshund from a rescue:
- Research: Look for Dachshund rescues in your area and visit their websites to learn more about the dogs they have available for adoption.
- Apply: Most rescues will require you to fill out an application to adopt. It typically includes information about your home, lifestyle, and dog experience.
- Meet the dog: Once your application is approved, you will have the opportunity to meet the dog you are interested in adopting. Spending time with the dog is important to ensure they are a good fit for your family and lifestyle.
- Complete the adoption: If you and the dog are a good match, you will complete the adoption process, which typically includes signing an adoption contract and paying an adoption fee.
- Provide a loving forever home: Dachshunds are known for their loving personalities and can make great companions. Remember to provide a good home for your new pet with plenty of love, attention, and proper care.
It’s important to note that rescue organizations will have their adoption process and requirements, so it’s best to reach out to specific organizations for more information.
Conclusion For The “Best Dachshund Rescues in Tennessee”
Despite belonging to the same breed, every dog has its unique personality and temperament. It’s crucial to spend time with a Dachshund you’re interested in adopting to see if they fit your home and lifestyle.
For more guides similar to this list of Dachshund rescues in Tenessee, you can check out these other dog-related recommendations from our team:
- Best Dachshund Rescues in Indiana
- Best Dachshund Rescues in Michigan
- Best Dachshund Rescues in Illinois
Before you bring home a Dachshund companion from a rescue shelter in Tennesee, you can learn more about raising this dog breed by watching “5 Things You Must Never Do to Your Dachshund” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.