If you are searching for breeders with Sheltie puppies in Mississippi for sale, this guide is for you. The Sheltie, also known as the Shetland Sheepdog, originated in Scotland as a herding dog. Specifically, it was first bred in the Shetland Islands in Scotland and used to herd sheep and goats. The Shetland Sheepdog is often confused with its cousin, the Collie. But they are two different dog breeds.
The Sheltie is a smaller dog that is very intelligent and active, and they are very vocal and can serve as good watchdogs. Moreover, Shelties are easily trainable and willing to please and can be trained to bark less, as they tend to bark a lot. Shelties enjoy canine events and competitions; their people-pleasing personality makes them excellent show dogs.
Before scrolling down this list of breeders with Sheltie puppies in Mississippi for sale, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Poodle Puppies in Mississippi For Sale and Schnauzer Puppies in Mississippi For Sale.
Sheltie Breeders in Mississippi
Let us look at some Sheltie breeders in Mississippi.
1. PuppySpot’s Shelties For Mississippi
PuppySpot is easy to use, with over 10,000 5-star reviews and more than 200,000 puppies sold. Their screening process is the strictest in the country to guarantee no scammers, backyard breeders, or puppy mills. They work with the AKC and the American Humane Society to ensure good practices.
With no waiting lists or listings of unborn puppies, they provide a 10-year health warranty for all new owners and a nose-to-tail health check before bringing your puppy home.
PuppySpot has an A+ score with Better Business Bureau, and they deliver everywhere in the United States on their private airline. Their website also features lots of helpful advice on looking after your puppy, and you can check out their social media pages for more information.
2. Holy Bluff Shelties
Holy Bluff Shelties has Sheltie puppies for sale in Mississippi located in Holly Bluff. Holy Bluff Shelties is a good choice if you are in or around Mississippi, as they are experienced and reliable breeders. The owners of the breeding facility are dedicated to raising quality puppies in an open and free environment.
The breeders have a five-acre area used to raise the puppies. The kennel was built in 2010, and their puppies participate in American Kennel Club (AKC) conformation. The breeders are focused on raising well-tempered and healthy puppies. Holy Bluff Shelties is a good choice if you are interested in buying Sheltie puppies in Mississippi.
It would be best if you kept the following in mind:
- You will need to complete a puppy request form.
- When you agree to purchase the puppy, you must sign a spay and neuter contract.
- All of their breeding stock are tested for various health issues.
- It would be best if you had your puppy vet checked within ten days after your purchase.
- If you are interested in show dogs, you can contact the breeder as they do shell show dogs.
- Holy Bluff selects the best show prospects and then develops the dogs themselves, assuring that all the puppies produced are of excellent quality.
- They encourage spaying and neutering because they found that grown dogs would face many health issues if they were not spayed or neutered.
- They have a brand new facility to which they have dedicated an entire page. You can visit this page to see pictures of the facility where they have a separate grooming and bathing area for the dogs.
Holy Bluff Shelties Details
- Website: Holly Bluff Shelties
- Address: 1488 Spanish Fort Road, Holly Bluff, Mississippi 39088
- Phone Number: (662) 571-8117
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Holy Bluff Shelties’ Facebook
3. BellaRose Shelties
BellaRose Shelties is a small hobby kennel in southwest Missouri breeds high-quality Shelties in the Ozark region. It is a small breeding facility that breeds puppies according to the American Kennel Club (AKC) standards. Their dogs pass through genetic testing, and all their puppies are vet checked. Before any planned breeding, various health checks are done on all parent dogs.
If you are interested in purchasing from BellaRose, then you should know the following:
- Their kennel is air-conditioned in the summer and heated during the winters.
- They have an indoor and outdoor play area for the dogs.
- The indoor and outdoor areas include playing run facilities so the dogs can get plenty of exercises.
- They have planned breeding programs, so you would need to keep checking their website to find out when the next one is planned.
- If you are interested in purchasing a puppy, you must be placed on a waiting list.
- After the puppies are born, the breeders will pick their puppy and then go down the waiting list to see if anyone is interested.
- All puppies are socialized early on by providing lots of human contacts.
- All puppies are declawed, dewormed, vaccinated, vet checked, and microchipped if requested.
- They will ship across the US and have provided their Sheltie puppies in countries like Canada, Germany, and Australia.
- BellaRose provides Early Neurological Stimulation, which is also called super dog training.
BellaRose Shelties Details
4. KM Shelties
KM Shelties has been breeding shelties since 1995 and are very experienced when it comes to Shelties and their health issues. If you visit their website, you can see detailed posts on the eye health issues of Shelties, their physical appearance, how to differentiate Shelties from other similar breeds, and other essential information. If you were getting a Sheltie for the first time, it would be good to visit their website to learn more about the breed.
Things you should know if you want to purchase a Sheltie puppy from KM Shelties:
- They test all of their puppies OFA, hips, eyes, and thyroid.
- They keep a small number of parent dogs, about four to eight, to give them individualized care.
- All puppies are declawed, dewormed, vet checked, and vaccinated before going to their forever homes.
- Their breeding facility is more like a farm, and they have many farm animals around their dogs.
- KM Shelties believes in Nuvet vitamins and promotes them on their website.
- KM will keep their puppies until they are eight weeks old before giving them to buyers.
- KM has a waiting list you need to put your name on after a litter is born.
- Once your name is on the waiting list, you will be contacted and fill out a puppy application form.
If you wish to purchase a Sheltie from KM Shelties, get in touch with them via the information below.
KM Shelties Details
- Website: KM Shelties
- Address: Scottville, Michigan
- Phone Number: (231) 757-4451
- Email: [email protected]
5. Redwood Hills Shelties
Last on the list of the best breeders with Sheltie puppies in Mississippi for sale is”Redwood Hills Shelties.” Redwood Hills Shelties is one of the few Sheltie breeders in Mississippi with dogs who have finished the Grand Championships. They have been breeding Sheltie puppies for years and are very experienced.
They are a small breeder, and they are a good choice if you are looking for a personalized purchase experience. They have bred many Shelties that have finished Grand Championships. They also breed show dogs; if you are interested in purchasing one, you can contact them. However, that does not mean that their Sheties won’t make good companion dogs; all puppies are raised inside the home and are very well socialized.
The result? The puppies can adjust easily to any environment. Whether you purchase Redwood Hills Shelties for competitions or companionship, they will not disappoint. That is why Redwood Hills is hailed as one of the most reliable breeders for Sheltie puppies for sale in Mississippi. If you want to learn more about the breeders or dog breed, visit their website.
Redwood Hills Shelties Details
- Website: Redwood Hills Shelties
- Address: 313 Keen Cole Rd, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Phone Number: (601) 218-4263
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Redwood Hills Shelties’ Facebook
How to Choose a Sheltie Breeder in Mississippi
If you are interested in finding a good breeder, you should keep a few things in mind. First, a legitimate breeder will always let you meet the puppy’s parents. On the other hand, puppy mills will be reluctant to let you see the pet parents as they will be overbred and in poor condition.
Moreover, legitimate breeders will also let you see any relevant paperwork of the parents to ensure they have been genetically tested. Therefore, your breeder should be open to answering any questions you have about the breeder.
If you are unsure of the breeding facility and want to make sure it is not a puppy mill, it is good to visit the breeding location. A responsible breeder will let you visit and may even allow you to tour the facilities.
Thirdly, a responsible breeder will also share how many litters each dog has bred. This is very important because you want to ensure that the parent dogs are treated with care. A Dam (female dog) usually should not have more than one litter a year.
At the most, they should have two litters a year. All legitimate breeders will have references that they will share with you and encourage you to call them. These breeders will also accept the puppy back if there is an issue with the dog or you cannot care for it.
Conclusion For “Sheltie Puppies in Mississippi”
With these great breeders on your list, you will surely be able to find a Sheltie puppy in Mississippi easily. Just remember to call before you visit. Due to COVID-19, some facilities may require previous appointments before visiting the breeding facility.
It is always a good idea to draw up a list of a few breeding facilities you can visit in one day to compare them. And keep in mind that if you cannot find a puppy in your proximity, you can always have one shipped. Here is hoping you find your adorable Sheltie puppy soon.
For more guides similar to this list of breeders with Sheltie puppies in Mississippi for sale, you can check out:
- Best Sheltie Breeders in New Hampshire
- Best Sheltie Breeders in New York
- Best Sheltie Breeders in Virginia
Before you bring home a Sheltie companion from a breeder in Mississippi, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “8 Things Only Sheltie Dog Owners Understand” down below: