If you’re searching for the best Rottweiler breeders in Alabama, you’ve come to the right place. Stocky, imposing, and oh-so-powerful. The Rottweiler has been around for hundreds of years, first developed to pull carts and help us with chores, then to protect our homes and livestock.
One of the oldest dog breeds, Rottweilers, originated from a town in Germany called Rottweil. Their fearlessness, inherent working drive, and physical prowess led them to play many roles in World War I, including messenger, ambulance, draught, and guard dogs.
Recognized by the AKC in 1931, Rottweilers are now one of the most popular dogs in the United States, frequently taking up a top ten spot in the “most popular” list. They, like Pit Bulls, have unfortunately been given a bad name by many irresponsible owners that shouldn’t be allowed to own dogs, much less one as powerful as a Rottie. But as any true Rottie parent can attest, these lovable, cuddly dogs are as faithful.
Loyal, fearless, and adaptable, these big goofballs are fiercely attached to their family. A well-raised Rottweiler is one of the most even, stable-tempered dogs breeds around, unnerved by anything and everything around them. However, like many big dog breeds, Rotties are predisposed to several genetic conditions, especially the dreaded hip dysplasia.
Before scrolling down this list of Rottweiler breeders in Alabama, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Alabama and Best Shih Tzu Breeders in Alabama.
Rottweiler Puppies For Sale in Alabama
To find a well-bred Rottie is half the battle won. If you are looking for a Rottie, we’ve done the heavy lifting for you and are happy to share with you our favorites.
Rottweiler Product Recommendations: Best Training Collars For Stubborn Dogs and Best E-Collars For Aggressive Dogs.
1. PuppySpot’s Rottweilers For Alabama
Since you’re searching for Rottweiler breeders in Alabama, we highly recommend checking out PuppySpot’s reputable platform. PuppySpot is a trusted online marketplace with dogs, and you can search for available Rottweiler puppies right from the comfort of your home in Alabama.
It would be best to keep in mind that all Rottweiler breeders with listed puppies have to meet PuppySpot’s strict guidelines before listing any puppies, so you can rest assured that your companion will be safely shipped to you in Alabama. Before continuing on your journey for a Rottweiler puppy for sale in Alabama, check out the link to the marketplace below.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Rottweilers
- Phone Number: (866) 269-1056
2. CedarBluff Rottweilers
Dominique, the owner, always breeds Rottweiler puppies in compliance with the American Kennel Club (AKC) standard. Members of the American Kennel Club (AKC), their farm encompasses 710 acres of land, giving their Rottie puppies ample room to run and play.
Their puppies are raised and treated as part of the family and are extensively socialized. Their puppies are descended from elite lineages, showing excellent build and bone structure. Dependable and with stable temperaments, all their puppies come microchipped, vaccinated according to schedule, and thoroughly health checked.
On The CedarBluff Facebook page, updates are posted regularly of adorable photographs of their puppies wearing accessories like bow ties. Videos are also available, and all their Rottie puppies come registered with the AKC.
CedarBluff Rottweilers Details
- Website: CedarBluff Rottweilers
- Address: 23070 County Rd 53 Uniontown, Alabama, US 36786
- Phone Number: (205) 410-6444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Southern Rottweiler Puppies
Since 2018, Southern Rottweiler Pups have produced Rottie puppies of German ancestry. They raise their puppies in a loving home environment, giving them ample socialization opportunities and updating prospective owners with the status of their puppies and litters daily.
Southern Rottweiler farm produces the cutest floppy-eared block-headed Rott puppies. Many of their previous owners attest to their dedication and commitment to raising excellent Rotties with even temperaments. You can reach them via phone or through their Facebook page.
Southern Rottweiler Puppies Details
- Website: Southern Rottweiler Puppies
- Address: 13515 Moffett Rd, US 36587
- Phone Number: (601) 590-1663
- Social Media: Southern Rottweiler Puppies
4. Burns Elite Dogs LLC
Burns Elite Dogs LLC is an Alabama-based dog breeder breeds champion bloodline Rottweilers. Since 2010, they have been breeding and raising Rottie puppies, sharing photos regularly on their Facebook page.
Most of their litters are descended from champion conformation bloodlines, with sires and dams with exceptional bone structure and stable temperaments. They place the utmost importance on ensuring that their adorable puppies get a new forever home where they will be unconditionally cherished.
Burns Elite Dogs LLC Details
- Website: Burns Elite Dogs LLC
- Address: 300 Pine St Albertville, Alabama, US 35950
- Phone Number: (256) 878-4576
- Email: email@example.com
5. Killian Haus Rottweilers
Since 2013, the owner, Robert Killian, has been producing Rotties puppies. The Killian Haus Rottweilers is a hobby Rottweiler facility whose goal is to breed and develop champion lineage Rottweiler puppies.
Their main mission is to ensure that their litters go to loving, forever homes full of affection and care. They have carefully selected their breeding Rottweilers from world-class European and German genetics. Following the AKC guidelines, they raise the puppies as their own.
Killian Haus Rottweilers Details
- Website: Killian Haus Rottweilers
- Address: Crossville, Asbury, Alabama, US
- Phone Number: (256) 894-4477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Aliece’s Rottweilers
Aliece Collins, the owner of Aliece’s Rottweilers, is both a breeder and a trainer that adheres strictly to a breeder’s ethical code. Since 1995, she has been breeding puppies with desirable characteristics of German ancestry and those from Serbia, France, and Hungary.
She belongs to the American Rottweiler Club and the United States Schutzhund Club, or USSC. She does not dock the tails, which is a definite bonus considering tail docking is on its way out. Thank God. She adores and cares for them as if they were her children.
All of her puppies are well-mannered, socialized, and ready for their forever homes. Aliece is relatively picky about where the new puppies will live, which is good. The application process awaits future Rottie parents.
Aliece’s Rottweilers Details
- Website: Aliece’s Rottweilers
- Address: 3055 s Louise dr Alabama, US
- Phone Number: (251) 478-1033
- Email: email@example.com
7. Von Smada Kennel
Last on the list of the best Rottweiler breeders in Alabama is “Von Smada Kennel.” Breeders Nick and Heather Adams, specializing in breeding and producing German Rottweilers and Johnson-Type American Bulldogs. With eight years of experience, they aim to breed dogs with stable temperaments and top-quality genetics.
Their breeding program consists of litters typically born during the cooler months to make things easier for their dogs. They show their puppies regularly for quality and temperament and strive to breed dogs that will blend in with any household. They have a stringent screening process to ensure that their Rottie and Bulldog litters are placed into good homes.
Von Smada Kennel Details
- Website: Von Smada Kennel
- Address: Rock Stand, Roanoke, Alabama, USA
- Phone Number: (334) 338-2541
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genetic Concerns Of A Rottweiler
Like all large dog breeds, Rottweilers can be predisposed to several genetic health conditions. Selecting a well-bred Rottie is half the battle won. A well-bred, well-socialized Rottie is a joy to be around and will be a lifelong, valuable family member.
An ill-bred Rottie can come with a multitude of health problems, including:
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Progressive retinal atrophy
- Aortic Stenosis is a condition that affects the cardiovascular system
- Osteochondritis desiccant, a joint condition that affects big-boned dogs
How to Pick A Rottweiler Breeder in Alabama
Selecting a breeder is no mean feat, especially for an imposing dog like the Rottweiler. Selecting a Rottie breeder can be a daunting task.
To weed out the puppy millers and backyard breeders, ask a series of questions, like:
- Can you visit the facilities, your home, or the puppies and breeding pair? Good breeders are proud of the environments in which they raise their dogs and will be happy to share them with you.
- Can you provide OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) certs for both parents? What about both grandparents? Hip dysplasia is a remarkably common condition in Rotties, and the more you ascertain the condition of the lineage, the less the risk of your Rottie puppy developing dysplasia.
- Can you provide DNA tests of the parent breeding pair? What about the grandparents? Always check DNA test results of “at-risk” or “carrier” conditions. If in doubt, check with a veterinarian.
- Can you provide AKC papers? I’m sure they can.
- If, for some reason, you have to give your puppy up, what then? The correct answer would be to send it back to them. Ethical breeders often have a return-to-breeder clause that will give them first dibs on whether to take their puppy back.
- When can you take your Rottie puppy home? With no exception, this has to be older than eight weeks. Puppies younger than eight weeks are not ready to leave their mother and littermates. In some states, selling puppies younger than eight weeks is even illegal.
- How often do you have litters? Rotties are medium to large dogs that should have litter only once a year. Be wary of breeders who have two or more litters a year. Overbreeding is a sure sign of a breeder that does it for profit and not for the betterment of the breed.
- What is your application process? Ethical breeders will ask deeply personal, sometimes even uncomfortable, questions because they want their puppies to go to good, forever homes. Don’t be offended! It’s a good thing that the breeder has a stringent screening process for all prospective owners who want to take home their puppies.
Related: Rottweiler Chihuahua Mix Dog Breed Guide.
Conclusion For The “Best Rottweiler Breeders in Alabama”
Rottweilers may not be as aesthetically endearing as the “love-the-world” Golden Retriever or as athletic as the Australian Shepherd. Plus, they eat a lot. However, they are wonderful, loyal dogs that will be your faithful best friend from when they go to your home to the end of their days.
They aren’t for everyone, though, especially not inexperienced dog owners or people with no time to spend socializing with this imposing breed. If you decide a Rottie is for you, best luck in your hunt for your perfect black and tan companion.
For more guides similar to this list of Rottweiler breeders in Alabama, you can check out:
- Best Rottweiler Breeders in Missouri
- Best Rottweiler Breeders in Maryland
- Best Rottweiler Breeders in Indiana
Before you bring home a Rottweiler puppy from a breeder in Alabama, you can learn more about the breed by watching “12 Things Only Rottweiler Dog Owners Understand” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.