Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for breeders with Cockapoo puppies for sale in Kansas. You have decided you want to add a furry family member, but what breed of dog is best for you and your family?
If you are looking for a small bundle of energy that is easy to train and allergy-friendly, then a Cockapoo may be the perfect breed for you.
This hybrid designer breed is very popular, and this means that finding a reputable breeder is essential to help ensure your new puppy is happy and healthy.
Here we give you a close-up look at the Cockapoo, some tips to finding a reputable breeder, and a list of some of the top Cockapoo breeders in Kansas to help you start your search for your perfect puppy.
Before scrolling down this list of breeders with Cockapoo puppies for sale in Kansas, you can check out these other breeder recommendations: Best Bernedoodle Breeders in Kansas and Best Aussiedoodle Breeders in Kansas.
Before Bringing Home a Cockapoo From Kansas
The Cockapoo is one of the original hybrid designer dog breeds, with the first dating back to the 1960s. This breed combines the popular Cocker Spaniel with the equally popular Poodle to get the best of both breeds.
The resulting breed is highly intelligent, easy to train, affectionate, gentle, and ready to become a happy part of your family. As a bonus, the addition of the Poodle into the mix delivers a dog that rarely sheds and is often considered hypoallergenic.
The size of the Cockapoo can vary depending on which Poodle is bred. Toy or Miniature Poodles will produce smaller Cockapoos while standard Poodles produce larger dogs. A Cockapoo ranges between 10-15 inches tall and between 6-30 pounds.
They typically have a long, wavy to curly coat that comes in black, blue, chocolate/brown/liver, cream, gold/yellow, red, and white. Patterns also vary and can include bicolor, tricolor, and merle. While the Cockapoo is generally healthy, it can be prone to certain medical conditions, such as hip dysplasia.
Finding a reputable breeder, however, can help you find a breeding program that works to breed these genetic concerns out and reduces the risk of potential health complications.
Finding a Reputable Cockapoo Breeder From Kansas
Unfortunately, designer breeds like the Cockapoo are often a target for puppy mills as their popularity helps them turn a bigger profit. This often means that dogs are overbred, and genetic health conditions are passed down to the puppies.
A reputable breeder, however, puts the health of their dogs first, often genetically testing their breeding dogs to breed out potential genetic conditions and helping to ensure your new puppy will live a long and healthy life.
Some tips to consider when looking for a Cockapoo breeder include:
- Talk with the breeder: First and foremost, you want to talk with the breeder and see how you connect. A reputable breeder is willing to talk with you and answer all your questions. Because they specialize in one or two breeds, they are very knowledgeable and more than willing to share that knowledge with new potential puppy parents. In addition, they are likely to ask you questions to make sure that their puppies are going to be right for you. Their goal is to find loving forever homes for all their puppies.
- Meet the puppy parents: Visiting the breeder’s location and meeting the puppy parents allows you to get an idea of temperament with the parents, see where and how the puppies are raised, and see what your puppy may look like as they grow.
- Be prepared to wait: reputable breeders plan their litters and consider when is best for their breeding dogs. They do not overbreed and often do not have puppies available. In many cases, you may need to put a deposit down and be placed on a waiting list for the next available litter.
- Ask about health testing and guarantees: reputable breeders want what is best for their dogs and puppies. Breeding dogs often undergo health and genetic testing to breed out potential genetic conditions. In addition, most breeders offer a health guarantee against potential genetic concerns.
Cockapoo Breeders in Kansas
Once you decide that the Cockapoo is the right breed for you and your family, it is time to find the perfect breeder. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unaware of any reputable Cockapoo breeders in Kansas.
However, we have provided a list of some of the top Cockapoo breeders in the surrounding states to help you begin your search.
1. PuppySpot’s Cockapoos For Kansas
If you are still unable to find the perfect breeder or the perfect puppy near you, you don’t have to give up! PuppySpot offers a unique opportunity to find a reputable breeder and the perfect puppy no matter where you live. And PuppySpot does all the work for you.
PuppySpot carefully screens breeders from across the country. Once these breeders pass the screening process, they can list their available puppies in the marketplace. Here, you can search through puppy profiles until you find the perfect puppy that speaks to you.
PuppySpot then works with you and the breeder to deliver your puppy right to your door, no matter where in the United States you live. And no need to worry about puppy mill breeding. PuppySpot feels so confident in their breeders that they offer a 10-year health guarantee on all puppies.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Cockapoos
2. Aisling Doodles
Located in Central Oklahoma, Aisling Doodles specializes in breeding and raising Cavapoos and Cockapoos that are happy and healthy. All puppies undergo early socialization training using early neurological stimulation (ENS) and early scent introduction (ENS), as well as regular handling and exposure exercises.
This helps the little puppies adjust to life in a family home and make it easier for your new puppy to adjust after pickup. In addition, many of these puppies already have a head start on potty training. Aisling Doodles believes in the health of their breeding dogs and offers a 2-year health guarantee on all puppies.
Aisling Doodles Details
3. H&H Red Canon Canines
Located in Canon City, Colorado, H&H Red Canon Canines is committed to breeding and raising healthy, well-socialized Cockapoos. This begins with extensive health checks and genetic testing on all the dogs in their breeding program.
Their breeding program implements selective responsible breeding practices to produce puppies with exceptional health and temperament.
Once born, puppies begin daily Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) exercises to prepare them for life with a new family.
They utilize the Volhard Puppy Aptitude Test (VPAT) to evaluate the strengths of each puppy and use this information to help ensure you find the puppy that best matches your family life. All puppies come with a 1-year health guarantee as well.
H&H Red Canon Canines Details
- Location: Canon City, Colorado
- Phone: (719) 458-5437
- Facebook: H&H Red Canon Canines
- Website: H&H Red Canon Canines
4. Midwest Doodle Ranch
Last on the list of breeders with Cockapoo puppies for sale in Kansas is “Midwest Doodle Ranch.” Located in Maryville, Missouri, Midwest Doodle Ranch specializes in raising and breeding Mini Bernedoodles and Cockapoos.
Their Mini Bernadoodles and Cockapoos are all F1 generations, meaning their parents are purebred Bernese Mountain Dogs, Cocker Spaniels, and Miniature Poodles. Because they breed with a Miniature Poodle, their Cockapoos typically weigh between 14-18 pounds.
They have a wide selection of color combinations, including some unique-looking merle puppies. They are members of the American Cockapoo Club of America and strive to provide puppies that are the best example of the breed. All puppies come with a health guarantee.
Midwest Doodle Ranch Details
- Location: Maryville, Missouri
- Phone: (816) 383-0489
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Midwest Doodle Ranch
Conclusion For “Cockapoo Puppies in Kansas”
We hope that this list of breeders with Cockapoo puppies in Kansas for sale will help you on your journey for a companion.
For more guides similar to this list of breeders with Cockapoo puppies in Kansas for sale, you can check out:
- Best Cockapoo Breeders in Pennsylvania
- Best Cockapoo Breeders in the Midwest
- Best Cockapoo Breeders in Connecticut
Before you purchase a Cockapoo puppy from a breeder in Kansas, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Cockapoo Dog Breed Guide” down below: