If you’re searching for the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Minnesota, then you’ve come to the right place. Bred to herd livestock, the Australian Shepherd originated in the 1840s in the United States rather than its namesake Australia.
Nicknamed “the Aussie,” this breed is an intelligent working dog at heart. They’re known for being excellent companions to families big and small, though their energy needs channeling.
Most of the day, the Aussie needs busy work, with a walk around the block not entirely cutting their daily need. Families need to understand the number of work Aussies are used to doing and prepare for daily exercises.
With energy to burn, the Aussie is a loyal companion who protects their family members and gets along with the kids, making life an adventure. Finding the right companion is the next step on the way to ownership, something that can’t get done without the right breeder.
Finding The Right Australian Shepherd Breeder in Minnesota
Puppies from reputable breeders will have all of the correct qualities of an Australian Shepherd. It might take some time to find the right breeder to work with, but they are well worth it in the long run. Getting a puppy from a puppy mill spells disaster as they are more likely to become sick or not have the right qualities.
Some of the things to look for when looking for a breeder:
- Meeting the breeder, whether in person or via video chat, is the key to starting the entire process. A personal meeting is the best way to get to know someone and learn more about their passion for breeding Australian Shepherds. Though meeting someone in person would be the best way, even a video chat will give enough information.
- Prepare to ask as many questions as possible when you have a chance to speak with the breeder. Anything you’d like to know about the process or the puppies is good to incorporate since it’ll clue you in on how much the breeder cares for the puppies and upholds standards.
- Take the time to meet the parents of the puppies. Genetics plays an essential part in determining what the next litter of puppies will look and act like, so the parents are essential. Try and incorporate taking a look at previous puppies, at least pictures, to make sure the puppies are appealing and healthy.
- A reputable breeder will raise the puppies inside their own home, giving them the love and attention they need. Families should pay attention to whether puppies are treated like family members from the start since it is a crucial component of socialization. When they are ready to go home, they will know what a loving family is and adapt quickly.
- No puppy should go home with a new owner without proper paperwork. A reputable breeder will provide a contract detailing not only the price but the medical history and all veterinary information. Any breeder worth his salt will also have a clause that details the puppy must be returned if the owner can’t keep the dog for any reason.
- Working with a reputable breeder means having to wait. A reputable breeder will have a waitlist for any upcoming puppy litters, which means potential owners will need to get in line. Waitlists, though they are frustrating for those who’d want to bring home a new puppy as soon as possible, indicate the breeder takes care of their puppies and their parents and has a good reputation.
Australian Shepherd Puppies For Sale in Minnesota
With a list of what a reputable breeder looks like, the hunt for one to work with can start. The internet is a great tool, though receiving recommendations is also an excellent place to begin to journey. To help with the process, here are a few of the most reputable breeders within the state of Minnesota.
1. PuppySpot’s Australian Shepherds for Minnesota
Since you’re searching for Australian Shepherd Breeders in Minnesota, we highly recommend using PuppySpot. PuppySpot will make your search for an Australian Shepherd easier because of how efficient it is.
You can browse the website to find available puppies. After your purchase, your Australian Shepherd will be safely shipped to your home in Minnesota.
Australian Shepherd breeders and all other dog breeders on this platform are all strictly screened before being able to list. So before you continue on your search for an Australian Shepherd puppy for sale in Minnesota, check out the link below.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Australian Shepherds
2. T&R Australian Shepherds
Located in Stacy, Minnesota, this is a small breeder of Australian Shepherds. Raised on their farm, the Aussies are bred for health, performance, and clean bloodlines. T&R breeder focuses their bloodlines on working dogs, believing the traits makes the most active and intelligent puppies.
Their website is a host of information for litters coming up and past litters as well. Briefly meet the breeders online, but it’s essential to reach out for information on puppy availability and application.
The website also has a contract to peruse to get better acquainted with their process and the inner workings of the breeder. There is also a portion of the website which provides insight into the family tree, giving more information on the bloodlines of the puppies.
T&R Australian Shepherds
- Website: T&R Australian Shepherds
3. Crystal Winds Australian Shepherds in Minnesota
Located around 40 minutes north of the Twin Cities, Crystal Winds breeders is a 40-acre ranch. As an ASCA registered kennel, the puppies they breed are raised within the home. With dogs that compete in the ASCA, AKC, UKC, and CKC, this breeder has excelled in competitions in obedience, rally, herding, and agility.
Breeding since 2000, this breeder focuses on the next champion and has small litters. Therefore, a waitlist is a given, though the website does provide more information about the current puppy parents and past litters.
Crystal Winds Australian Shepherds in Minnesota Details
- Website: Crystal Wind Australian Shepherds
4. Northstar Aussies
Focusing on purebred Australian Shepherds for the past 20 years, this breeder is located in Southwest Minnesota. Raising the puppies inside the home, they become true family members before they even have a chance to go home with their permanent family. Working with livestock, this breeder loves all animals and takes care of them like they do their own.
Northstar Aussies website has information about their current puppy parents as well as past litters. However, the best way to find out more information about potentially upcoming litters is to contact them directly using the contact page.
Northstar Aussies Details
- Website: Northstar Aussies
5. Sandy Creek Aussies
Last on the list of the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Minnesota is “Sandy Creek Aussies.” Sandy Creek Aussies breeder focuses on the miniature Australian Shepherd and has snagged another win in the 2020 AKC National Obedience Championship.
As proud and reputable breeders, they focus on the breed’s standards and raise all puppies within their home, incorporating them into the family. Before puppies go home with their forever families, they are crate trained, updated on vaccinations, and guaranteed healthy.
The website is a host of information concerning the breed, past championships as well as past litters. There is plenty to learn from this breeder who focuses on healthy and thriving puppies.
Sandy Creek Aussies Details
- Website: Sandy Creek Aussies
Conclusion For The “Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Minnesota”
Working with the right breeder makes all the difference in the types of a puppy a family will bring home. The reputable breeders mentioned above, just as plenty of others in Minnesota, are proud of the care and effort to focus on healthy Australian Shepherds.
By providing the care set down by the AKC and the breed, puppies from these breeders will have exemplary breed traits. Well worth the wait, a reputable breeder will have puppies and a wealth of information to provide on the breed a family would love to incorporate into their family unit.
For more mentions of the Australian Shepherd, you can check out:
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Florida
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Colorado
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in New Jersey
Learn more about the Australian Shepherd by watching “What To Do With a New Australian Shepherd Puppy” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.