If you are a Pitbull fan, you are probably searching for good Pitbull rescues in Wisconsin. This article will highlight the top Pitbull rescues where you can adopt a healthy and happy companion.
When choosing a pet, there are many reasons to adopt rather than purchase a dog. Firstly, dog adoption is the most cost-effective option because rescue organizations are non-profits that only charge nominal fees.
Moreover, rescue organizations are committed to the health and well-being of the dogs they rescue; therefore, all dogs under their supervision are health tested, vaccinated, desexed, microchipped, dewormed, and well-groomed.
Most breeders don’t offer all these services; even if they do, they charge a lot of money. Finally, and most importantly, adopting a dog saves a life. When you adopt a dog, you provide the animal with a loving home and family. Don’t hesitate; to choose any of the rescues listed below, and bring your Pitbull home today.
Before you scroll down this list of Pitbull rescues in Wisconsin, you can check out these other dog rescue shelter recommendations from our team: Best Beagle Rescues in Wisconsin and Best Boston Terrier Rescues in Wisconsin.
Find a Pitbull Rescue Shelter Near Me in the United States
Our team at We Love Doodles created and compiled this list of the best Pitbull rescues in Wisconsin.
1. Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue
Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue, based in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, relies on a network of foster homes to care for the Pitbulls it rescues. Since its inception in 2010, this pet rescue in Wisconsin has rescued many dogs from near-death situations. Every dog deserves a second chance, and Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue is all about that.
Their focus on rehabilitation comes from Mecca Curtice, a certified professional dog trainer and the founder of Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue. She is a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
She has spent years studying and working with dogs to obtain a dog bite prevention education certification. Under her guidance, the rescue takes multiple steps to ensure their rescues go to the most suitable homes.
- A certified dog trainer is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to train the dogs at the shelter.
- The rescue volunteers provide Handover Instructions to the new parents, ensuring they have everything they need to care for their new puppy. It makes the transition period easier for the dog and the new parent.
Due to this rigorous program, the rescue has seen many Pitbulls adopted into loving homes. Since each dog is unique, the rescue works hard to find them the best forever family possible. The shelter is listed on GuideStar.org and GreatNonprofits.org, where it has achieved the highest level of transparency possible.
Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue Details
- Address: 1205 S. 20th St., Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Postal Code: 53081
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Website: Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue
- Social Media: Mecca’s Pit Bull Rescue’s Facebook
2. Pit Bull Advocates of America
Although the Pit Bull Advocates of America’s primary objective is advocacy, it cannot ignore the problem of companion dog overpopulation or the reality that many Pit Bulls need safe and loving homes.
Their magnificent property, the Rescue Retreat, and a small but formidable group of committed fosters allow them to do their best to rehome adoptable Pit Bull-type dogs that they rescue from shelters in Milwaukee. Their rescue program has been created to put dogs in the finest homes possible.
To adopt a dog from Pit Bull Advocates of America, read the guidelines given below to know what to anticipate:
- Examine the requirements for adoption.
- If you are eligible for adoption, complete and submit your online adoption application.
- Within a week of completing your Adoption Application, the rescue will notify you if you have been authorized to meet the dog you have sought to adopt.
- The rescue recommends bringing your present pets to meet the dog too.
- They want you to think about the ideal match while you drive home and mentally repeat the experience. Everyone concerned must think about this thoroughly. You and the rescue organization will need some time to analyze the match.
- The volunteers will arrange a home visit to determine your suitability.
- The adoption is formalized when everyone agrees that the dog is a good match for the family and gets along well with the other pets.
The adoption contract and the $200 adoption money will be signed and handed in during this meeting.
Pit Bull Advocates of America Details
- Address: 6669 S 76th St, Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
- Postal Code: 53129
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Website: Pit Bull Advocates of America
- Social Media: Pit Bull Advocates of America’s Facebook
3. Apple Valley Pit Crew
Apple Valley Pit Crew in Appleton, Wisconsin, is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization with the ultimate goal of finding homes forever for all Pit Bull terrier mixes.
This is one of the few puppy rescues in the United States with active volunteers ensuring the Pitbulls are happy and cared for. When giving away the Pitbull, they make sure that the Pitbull is compatible with the adopters and that it is pleased to be placed in a new home.
The Apple Valley Pit Crew has several recommendations for adoptive parents:
- The minimum age is 21.
- You must either be a homeowner or find a rental that allows you to keep a Pitbull.
- A loving family environment is essential.
- Do not use any training techniques that involve the use of force.
- It is necessary to have a dog “within the house.”
- Accept a house call with the entire family present.
Adoption Costs are as follows:
- A puppy (less than a year old) costs $250.
- A child aged 1 to 5 pays the same as an adult ($200).
- Senior (50-100 dollars) (6 years and up) (dependent on age, health, etc.)
To become an Apple Valley Pit Crew foster care provider, you only need a warm and welcoming home. Fostering allows you to assist in the rescue of more pets, such as Pit Bulls.
The remaining necessities are on the rescue, which include:
- Blankets and soft toys
- Veterinary Care for Animals
Apple Valley Pit Crew Details
- Address: 1335 S Memorial Dr, Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
- Postal Code: 54915
- Contact No: (920) 606-8459
- Website: Apple Valley Pit Crew
- Social Media: Apple Valley Pit Crew’s Facebook
4. 4 Pits Sake Rescue
Last on our list of Pitbull rescue in Wisconsin is 4 Pits Sake Rescue. It is a Bully-breed dog rescue organization based in the Twin Cities. It is not located in Wisconsin, but it is very near, and they offer to transport their dogs to Wisconsin.
This rescue collaborates with local shelters, the rescue community, and humane groups to recruit volunteers and raise funds to change the world for homeless dogs. The organization’s mission is to educate the public about Bully breeds to combat persistent prejudice and misunderstanding.
The founder of 4 Pits Sake Rescue is also a member of MnPAW – the Minnesota Partnership for Animal Welfare, which promotes collaboration among animal rescue organizations. When dogs are abandoned for whatever reason, the 4 Pits Sake Rescue crew comes to their aid.
They pay special attention to dogs in public shelters, where they are far more likely to be euthanized. When they save a dog, they place it in a foster home where it will be cared for until it is adopted.
The rescue devotes significant time and energy to the adoption process, ensuring that the right people are matched with the right dogs and that people understand what it takes and how much it costs to care for a bully-breed dog.
They spay or neuter all the animals in their care and provide necessary medical care. The entire 4 Pits Sake Rescue crew is comprised of unpaid volunteers. They have promised to keep administrative costs to a bare minimum so that nearly all donations will go toward animal care.
Their commitment to the dog’s well-being does not end with the adoption process; they continue to offer advice and training suggestions for at least a month, if not longer. Every dog adoption starts with a completed application, followed by a home visit and introduction to the dog.
All permanent residents’ pets must meet foster animals’ health and behavior standards. If you adopt a dog from a rescue, you will be expected to pay for professional dog training because you will represent the bully breed and take in a dog.
They will not adopt pets outside a 2.5-hour drive from the city center. The animal’s age determines the cost of adopting a pet. Puppies will cost $500 (plus tax) as of August 1, 2021; for dogs aged 1 to7, $400 (plus tax), and for dogs aged 8 and up, $300 (plus tax) (plus tax).
4 Pits Sake Rescue Details
- Address: 515 Burlington Road, St. Paul, Minnesota (7 hours from Wisconsin)
- Postal Code: 55119
- Email id: [email protected]
- Website: 4 Pits Sake Rescue
- Social Media: 4 Pits Sake Rescue’s Facebook
Choosing a Pitbull Rescue Shelter in Wisconsin
If you’re considering adopting a Pit Bull, it’s important to do your research. Not only will this help you make an informed decision, but it will also help you find the right rescue organization.
When choosing a Pit Bull rescue organization, it is important to consider the following:
- The organization’s history and track record in rescuing and rehoming Pit Bulls
- The organization’s policies and procedures for adopting Pit Bulls
- The organization’s ability to provide necessary resources such as food, shelter, veterinary care, etc.
- The organization’s financial stability and ability to continue providing these resources in the future
When considering a Pit Bull rescue organization, it is important to research. Not only will this help you avoid organizations that may not have the best interests of the dogs in mind, but it will also help you find an organization that has experience with and specializes in working with Pit Bulls. Additionally, ask questions about how the organization plans to care for and train the dogs once they are placed into their care.
Conclusion For The “Best Pitbull Rescues in Wisconsin”
Pitbulls are one of the most loving and loyal dogs on the planet and make great family pets. Although they get a bad rep, most Pitbulls make excellent pets under the supervision of loving and firm-handed caregivers.
Several organizations in Wisconsin are doing God’s work by saving and rehabilitating Pitbulls, and this article has outlined a few of them. You can trust these organizations to be honest and match you with a Pitbull that will be your life companion.
For more guides similar to this list of Pitbull rescues in Wisconsin, you can check out these other dog rescue shelter recommendations from our team:
Before you adopt a Pitbull companion from a rescue shelter in Wisconsin, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching the “Pitbull – Dog Breed Information” down below: