Are you searching for Miniature Schnauzer breeders in Illinois? You’ve decided that now is the perfect time to add a new furry Miniature Schnauzer to your family, but how do you know you are finding a healthy, happy puppy?
With puppy mills becoming more and more common, you must find a reputable breeder. When you find a reputable breeder, not only can you rest assured that your puppy will be healthy, but you also gain a valuable resource.
This guide introduces you to the Miniature Schnauzer, as well as some tips on finding a reputable breeder and some of the top breeders in Illinois.
Before scrolling down this list of Miniature Schnauzer breeders in Illinois, check out these recommendations: Best Sheepadoodle Breeders in Illinois and Best Havapoo Breeders in Illinois.
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Miniature Schnauzer in Illinois
Miniature Schnauzers are a friendly, intelligent, and outgoing breed that dates back to the 1800s. It is believed that they came about through the mix of a Standard Schnauzer and an Affenpinscher or Poodle.
They were used to protect the farms from small rodents. Today, these adorable smaller dogs make perfect family pets and usually rank in America’s top 20 breeds each year.
But keep in mind, their high intelligence means they need regular engagement or can become destructive as puppies. Regular exercise, toys, and engagement are essential with a Miniature Schnauzer, so if you are looking for a laid-back couch potato, this is not the breed for you.
The Miniature Schnauzer is a small breed dog, ranging between 12-14 inches tall and weighing under 20 pounds. Their wire-haired coat, with longer hair on the legs, mouth, and eyebrows, comes in a variety of different colors and patterns.
These include black, liver, silver, white, and tan in a bicolor or flecked pattern. In addition, because of the mix with a Poodle, this dog is considered hypoallergenic, producing little to no dander and shed.
Why Finding a Reputable Miniature Schnauzer Breeder is Important
When you decide to add a Miniature Schnauzer to the family, you focus on the adorable puppy faces and sweet puppy kisses. However, before those adorable puppies suck you in, it is essential to find a reputable breeder that you can connect with.
Quality breeders focus on promoting the breed standard and the health of all their dogs, helping to ensure that your new puppy is happy and healthy.
In addition, a good Miniature Schnauzer breeder has a long history with the breed and will become a wealth of knowledge for you as your puppy grows. This is very beneficial if you are a first-time puppy parent.
Some tips for finding a quality breeder include:
- Meet the Breeder: Meeting the breeder in person is essential for many reasons. It allows you to see where the puppies are raised and what the parent dogs look like. Is the place clean and odor-free? Are the dogs raised in kennels or within the home? In addition, making a connection with a good breeder gives you someone to turn to with questions as your puppy grows.
- Questions: Do not be afraid to ask questions. A good breeder should be willing and able to answer all your questions. But, in addition, be prepared to answer questions. A good breeder wants to make sure their puppies are a good fit for every family and new home. Therefore, they will likely ask you questions about your family, yard, and dog experience.
- Ask about Health Exams and Certificates: A good breeder focuses on the health and wellbeing of all their dogs. Therefore, breeding dogs should undergo DNA testing and certification against genetic and congenital conditions, helping to ensure these conditions do not pass to puppies. Ask to see DNA results and the health records of the parents. In addition, all puppies should undergo a health check and appropriate vaccinations and deworming before you take them home. In most cases, your puppy will also come with a health guarantee against genetic conditions. Be sure to ask about this and what may be required to maintain this guarantee.
Miniature Schnauzer Puppies For Sale in Illinois
Starting your new puppy search with the right breeder can help ensure your new puppy is happy and healthy. Here we offer you a list of some of the top Miniature Schnauzer breeders in Illinois to help you with your search.
Miniature Schnauzer Product Recommendations: Best Dog GPS Trackers and Best Dog Fitness Trackers.
1. PuppySpot’s Miniature Schnauzers For Illinois
If you can still find a breeder that you connect with local or has puppies available, PuppySpot offers you a unique solution that still guarantees a healthy and happy puppy.
PuppySpot screens breeders across the country, making sure they meet strict health and wellness guidelines. When a breeder receives approval, they can list their available puppies on the marketplace.
Here you can browse pages of adorable puppy faces until you find the one that matches you. Once you find the perfect puppy, PuppySpot works with you to arrange transportation. And have no fear, all PuppySpot puppies come with a 10-year health guarantee.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Miniature Schnauzers
2. Penlan Miniature Schnauzers
If you are looking for a breeder that genuinely understands the Miniature Schnauzer, then Penlan is the breeder for you. Penny and Lanny Hirstein began their journey with Miniature Schnauzers in 1959. Both were licensed American Kennel Club dog show judges, and Lanny was a past president of the American Miniature Schnauzers Club.
While Lanny passed away in 2008, Penny continues to breed their strictly salt and pepper color bloodlines, including six Best in Show Winners. In addition, all breeding dogs are DNA tested and cleared for genetic conditions, meaning nothing will be passed down to new puppies.
Penlan Miniature Schnauzers Details
- Location: Washington, Illinois
- Phone: (309) 264-1244
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Penlan Miniature Schnauzers
3. Klatt Schnauzers
Klatt Schnauzers in Bloomington, Illinois, has been breeding Miniature Schnauzers for over 20 years. They own all their breeding dogs, so both parents are always on-site. They raise all their puppies in their home, where they are raised with the family and loved.
Puppies are ready for their new homes when they are eight weeks old, and all puppies receive a vet check, vaccinations and have their nails done and tail docked before adoption. In addition, they begin potty training early so that the puppies will have a head start.
Klatt Schnauzers Details
- Location: Bloomington, Illinois
- Facebook: Klatt Schnauzers
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Klatt Schnauzers
4. Faubert Miniature Schnauzers
Faubert Miniature Schnauzers is a family breeder located in Hastings, Michigan, owned and operated by Cindy Faubert. They specialize in AKC, black, black mixed with silver, and salt mixed with pepper puppies.
All dams and sires come from European and American champion bloodlines and are all DNA tested to ensure healthy puppies. All dogs and puppies live in the home and are considered a part of the family until their new puppy parents adopt them.
All puppies come with a 5-year genetic health guarantee and, for those out-of-state puppy parents, they offer a nanny flight service for a fee.
Faubert Miniature Schnauzers Details
- Location: Hastings, Michigan
- Phone: (269) 986-1400
- Website: Faubert Miniature Schnauzers
5. Fernweh Miniature Schnauzers
Last on the list of the best Miniature Schnauzer breeders in Illinois is “Fernweh Miniature Schnauzers.” Fernweh Miniature Schnauzers is a family breeder located in Northern Indiana.
Their breeding program focuses on cutting-edge health testing, a comprehensive socialization program, and continued support for adoptive parents. They are dedicated to breeding well-rounded and health-tested AKC Miniature Schnauzers that are happy and healthy.
They are an AKC breed with H.E.A.R.T. breeder, meaning their breeding program focuses on health, education, accountability, responsibility, and tradition, and they must adhere to specific AKC standards.
Fernweh Miniature Schnauzers Details
- Location: Wawaka, Indiana
- Phone: (260) 267-6478
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Fernweh Miniature Schnauzers
Conclusion For The “Best Miniature Schnauzer Breezers in Illinois”
It’s not always easy to find the right Miniature Schnauzer, which is why our team at We Love Doodles created this list for you. Remember always to do your research on each Miniature Schnauzer breeder, so you’ll be prepared to know who you’re dealing with. With that in mind, we wish you the best in your search for a Miniature Schnauzer puppy for sale in Illinois.
For more articles with mentions of the Miniature Schnauzer, you can check out:
- Best Miniature Schnauzer Breeders in Ohio
- Best Miniature Schnauzer Breeders in Texas
- Best Miniature Schnauzer Breeders in Florida
Learn more about the Miniature Schnauzer by watching “Miniature Schnauzer – Top 10 Facts” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.