Regarding Dalmatian rescues in Florida, you do not need a 101 to find the right organization. You need a good list to start your search, which is what we provide here. This article lists rescues in Florida to adopt a Dalmatian; two focus solely on Dalmatians, while the other three are all-breed rescues likely to have a Dalmatian in their care.
After reading this article, you’ll know everything there is to know about each organization, their policies and procedure, eligibility criteria, and how much you’d pay if you wanted a dog from them. We’ve done all the hard work for you, so if you’re looking to adopt a Dalmatian in Florida and would like to help out an organization that does excellent work, then this list is for you.
Before you scroll down this list of Dalmatian rescues in Florida, you can check out these other dog rescue shelter recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Small Dog Rescues in Florida and Best Bichon Frise Rescues in Florida.
Find a Dalmatian Rescue Shelter Near Me in Florida
Here’s your list of the best Dalmatian rescues in Florida for you to check out to find a companion.
1. Dalmatian Rescue South Florida
Dalmatian Rescue South Florida is a non-profit and no-kill shelter that provides a safe place for Dalmatians who have been abandoned or neglected. They also work to educate the public about the breed and what they can do to make sure every Dalmatian is provided the best care.
More specifically they:
- They have a deaf Dalmatian care program
- Intensive Care for Dalmatians who need urgent medical care
- Puppy Mill rescue program for Dalmatians
- Provide safe shelter to sick, abused, and injured Dalmatians.
In addition to Dalmatians, they also offer these services for other breeds. One of their goals is to educate the public about Dalmatians, as this breed requires special care. People often adopt a Dalmatian without understanding the level of care required and eventually abandon or surrender their dog.
If you are interested in adopting a Dalmatian from this rescue, you will need to fill out an application that you can email or fax to the rescue. The rescue’s director will then make a phone call to discuss the kind of home and lifestyle a Dalmatian requires to get on the same page.
The director will also understand your expectations from a pet, why you want to adopt a Dalmatian and other related questions. If your answers are satisfactory, the phone interview is followed by a Meet and Greet where all your family members, including pets, will get a chance to meet the rescued Dalmatian.
At the same time, the rescue staff will get an opportunity to observe this interaction. The rescue will arrange a home visit if you pass the meet and greet. Next, the rescue will have you sign the adoption contract if you clear the home inspection. After you sign the contract, you will need to make payment before you can take the dog home.
Dalmatian Rescue South Florida Details
- Website: Dalmatian Rescue South Florida
- Address: P.O. Box 640108, North Miami Beach, Florida
- Phone Number: (305) 940-3320
2. Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay
The Dalmatians Rescue of Tampa Bay is a rescue that is determined to rehome and rehabilitate Dalmatians and Dalmatian mixes in Florida. The Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay focuses on the state of Florida, but if required, they will rescue Dalmatians from neighboring states.
If you are interested in adopting, then the rescue would like you to first learn about the breed to see if you are ready to adopt a Dalmatian:
- Dalmatians can be good with kids, but sometimes they are too energetic; therefore, they are unsuitable pets if you have children under five.
- They are intelligent but also very stubborn and might be difficult to train.
- They are people dogs and do not like to be left alone for long periods.
- They love the outdoors and enjoy walking and jogging but need reassurance from their owner from time to time.
- They are not quiet dogs and are not a good fit for a family that wants a quiet and settled dog.
If you are convinced that you meet these criteria, you can continue your application by submitting an online form. The rescue will contact you for further details if your application is shortlisted. Prices vary and will be discussed after the application is accepted.
Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay Details
- Website: Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay
- Address: P.O. Box 341951 Tampa, Florida
- Phone Number: (727) 787-1760
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Facebook: Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay’s Facebook
3. Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue
As the name implies, Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue is a big dog pet rescue in Florida. Established in 2008, Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue specialize in rescuing all big dog breeds, including the Dalmatian.
Its mission is to save 5,000 dogs each year. If you are interested in adopting from Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue, you must fill out the adoption application.
After reviewing your application, the rescue will call you to set up a face-to-face meeting. All applications will be reference checked, including vet checked. You also cannot reserve a dog by filling out an application, as it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
You should know the following before you adopt a Dalmatian from Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue:
- All adoption fees are based on the dog’s stay, breed, and condition (when it arrived at the shelter).
- Adoption benefits include spaying/neutering, heartworm checks, and essential vaccinations.
- It includes behavioral analysis by BDRR trainers and one complimentary BDRR training session.
- You will also receive a Royal Canine dog food gift basket.
Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue Details
- Website: Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue
- Address: 14444 Okeechobee Boulevard, Loxahatchee Groves, Florida
- Phone Number: (561) 644-1169
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue’s Facebook
- Instagram: Big Dog and Small Ranch Rescue’s Instagram
4. North Florida Animal Rescue
North Florida Animal Rescue is a great place to look for a Dalmatian rescue if you live in the Northern Florida region. They are a well-known 501 (c) (3) rescue dedicated to the well-being of all companion animals. The Duron family is known for their charitable contributions to the community, and Ms. Duron has always been fond of saving vulnerable animals.
North Florida Animal Rescue was established to extend her long-standing vision of helping needy animals. To adopt an animal from this reputable pet rescue in Florida, you will need to fill out an application, followed by a phone call from a counselor.
A home check will follow, and if all goes well, you can complete the formalities and take your dog home. However, North Florida Animal Rescue believes in finding a good match for each dog and may reject your application if they do not have a dog that would be a good fit. The adoption varies according to the dog’s age, health, temperament, and special needs.
North Florida Animal Rescue Details
- Website: North Florida Animal Rescue
- Address: 16800 County Road 137 Wellborn, Florida
- Phone Number: (386) 963-1354
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Facebook: North Florida Animal Rescue’s Facebook
5. Animal Rescue Force of South Florida
Animal Rescue Force of South Florida is on a mission to save all stray animals in South Florida. They rely on a reliable network of volunteers who work day and night to rescue animals. All their animals are kept in foster homes until they can be rehomed.
They are looking for volunteers at the moment, so if you are interested in giving back to the community and living in South Florida, this is an excellent opportunity for you. If you want to adopt from this rescue, you will need to call them to make an appointment.
Because volunteers only run the rescue, you can only visit when the volunteer is available. To adopt, you will need to fill out an application form. They suggest you adopt two animals at once if you can. If you are interested in a specific animal, you can mention that on your application.
An adoption counselor will get back to you as soon as you submit your application. While it is an all-breed rescue, the Animal Rescue Force of South Florida may have Dalmatian rescues in Florida at any given time. If you cannot find a rescued Dalmatian on their list, let the volunteers know, and they will call you when a Dalmatian becomes available.
Animal Rescue Force of South Florida Details
- Website: Animal Rescue Force of South Florida
- Address: 5115 South Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Animal Rescue Force of South Florida’s Facebook
Choosing a Dalmatian Rescue Shelter in Florida
Choosing a dog rescue organization to adopt your Dalmatian is like choosing the right doctor for your health. The wrong choice can mean an unhealthy and unhappy Dalmatian. Therefore, spending time researching what makes each organization different is essential.
The first thing you need to look for is how well each organization can care for the animals they rescue and shelter. You want to find a humane and responsible organization with a good reputation. That is not always possible, but it is worth testing their credibility by researching them online before you hand over your money.
If it’s a rescue that works with agencies such as F1 or American Kennel Club, it is better for choice than a non-affiliated rescue. Moreover, rescues need funds for food, vet bills, and more. If the fundraising efforts of your chosen organization are small and lack connections in the community, this could be a problem as they may have inadequate resources to take care of dogs.
You should also see if the organization has a plan for what happens after you bring your new puppy home. This is especially important if you are adopting an older dog, as they may have special needs or require training. Finally, it would be best to look for a rescue that offers support during and after the adoption, as it is a grueling process.
Conclusion For The “Best Dalmatian Rescues in Florida”
There are many great Dalmatian rescues in Florida, but these five have made a distinguished name for themselves. Any of these five rescues will likely help you find a great new Dalmatian. Adoption provides a loving home to the pet you take in and a generous donation to a shelter that can use those funds to help other animals. What a great way to give back to the animal community and your local shelter. Here’s hoping you find your adorable Dalmatian today.
For more guides similar to this list of Dalmatian rescues in Florida, you can check out these other rescue shelter recommendations from our team:
- Best Cane Corso Rescues in Florida
- Best Chihuahua Rescues in Florida
- Best Boston Terrier Rescues in Florida
Before you adopt a Dalmatian companion from a rescue shelter in Florida, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “8 Things Only Dalmatian Dog Owners Understand” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.