Before you scroll down this list of Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Texas, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Bichon Frise Puppies in Texas For Sale and Best Boerboel Breeders in Texas.
Staffordshire Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale in Texas
We always recommend getting your new Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy from a local breeder instead of a pet shop. They tend to be safer and more hygienic for the puppies, and you’d be supporting a local business. So, here are our top picks for the best Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Texas deliver.
1. Lonestar Staffords
Tammy Mattson, a member of SBTCA and Lonestar Performance Club, is the owner and breeder at Lonestar Staffords. Her dogs are health tested and bred for performance. Lonestar Staffords are given enrichment at the breeding facility by interacting with children and other dogs.
Puppies are also given crate training, car training, leash training, and taught basic commands. Puppies can be adopted at the age of nine weeks and are given age-appropriate vaccines, dewormed, and seen by a licensed veterinarian. Puppies also receive temperament evaluations before being adopted.
Puppies are sent home with their AKC registration, personality tests, vaccines, health certificates, and a collar. Lonestar offers a 1-year health guarantee given that owners take the puppy to a licensed vet within three days of purchase. Breeding dogs are also tested for hip and elbow dysplasia, heart disease, and genetics.
Lonestar Staffords Details
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Phone: (512) 632-9747
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Lonestar Staffords
2. Wild Blue Staffords
‘Wild Blue Staffords’ is run by a breeder named Debbie Schwagerman. The puppies here are primarily bred with temperament and occasionally participate in shows and competitions. Debbie is a hobby breeder. Her dogs are all registered with the American Kennel Club. Puppies from Wild Blue Staffords come with a 1-year health guarantee.
Puppies are given Early Neurological Stimulation within the first two weeks of their birth. Puppies are also tested for HC, DM, and L2HGA. Puppies are also cleared of hereditary diseases in the eyes. Interested buyers are requested to visit the facility to adopt a puppy, or they can opt for pickup at the breeder’s airport.
Wild Blue Staffords Details
- Location: Garland, Texas
- Phone: (972) 948-3467
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Wild Blue Staffords
3. Angel Moon Kennels
Pamela and Chuck are the couples behind Angel Moon Kennels. They are both members of Staffordshire Terrier Club of America and Friends of Greater Ocala All Breed Club. Puppies at Angel Moon are raised using Puppy Culture and exposed to multiple stimulations expected in a regular home. Their puppies are adopted between the ages of 8 to 12 weeks.
Puppies are bred from health-tested parents and are all registered with the AKC. The puppies receive typical training to curb hyperactivity and are also trained to be service dogs. Angel Moon only provides the best breed of Dark American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and ensures the puppies’ health before they are adopted.
Angel Moon Kennels Details
- Location: St. Augustine, Florida (approx. 2-hour flight from Texas)
- Phone: (904) 907-6999
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Angel Moon Kennels
4. Vivace Staffords
‘Vivace Staffords’ is run by Aubrey Kotlarich. She is the sole breeder of the facility and breeds Staffordshire Bull Terriers with temperament and athleticism in mind. Puppies from Vivace Staffords are given Early Neurological Stimulation for the first two weeks after their birth.
They are trained for the crate and litter box and desensitized to grooming. Interactions with children and other dogs also socialize puppies. Puppies are given the appropriate shots and checkups by a licensed veterinarian and come with their health certificates and a 2-year health guarantee.
When puppies are adopted, owners receive items for the puppies, including a microchip, a toy with the mother and littermates’ scents, and their first blanket. Potential buyers can pick up the puppies from the Texas location or the breeder’s nearest airport. They can get ground transportation via car or hire an air nanny.
Vivace Staffords Details
- Location: Bryan, Texas, United States 77803
- Website: Vivace Staffords
5. Breaking Bad Staffords
Last on the list of the best Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Texas is “Breaking Bad Staffords.” Breaking Bad Staffords is an in-home operation run by Kelli Tatum. Kelli is a member of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America.
The idea behind Breaking Bad Staffords is to breed versatile Staffys’ that can be good family pets and can also take part in competitions or events with the desire to win. Each puppy is hand-raised by Kelli in her own home and socialized with her children alongside being trained for sports.
Puppies are also given obedience training, crate training, and desensitization training from a young age. Puppies all come with a 3-year health guarantee and a lifetime guarantee in case of genetic defects.
Each puppy has its special binder with all the details about the puppy in it. After being adopted, this binder, along with a personality test, microchip, health certificate, and AKC registration, among other items, are provided to the new owner.
Breaking Bad Staffords Details
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Website: Breaking Bad Staffords
Choosing a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeder in Texas
If you’ve learned anything from this article, most Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Texas provide similar enrichment and stimulation for their dogs. So how do you pick the best Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeder in Texas? Well, it’s quite simple.
Just keep the following pointers in mind, and you should be on the right track:
- Reliability: If you’re going to be adopting a puppy from a breeder, it’s probably a pretty lengthy process. You want to make sure that they get back to your questions promptly so that you can rely on them even after the adoption. You also want to make sure that they don’t forget to provide any of the paperwork you require during a puppy’s adoption.
- The breeder will ask about you: When breeders care for their puppies, they care about where they go. A lot of the time, breeders will do an entire background check on a buyer before deciding to allow them to adopt a puppy. When you see a breeder asking for your information, how many pets you own, what kind of living situation you’re in, etc., you know you can trust that breeder.
- Transparency: You should expect the breeder to share every relevant piece of information with you. Breeders must be transparent about puppies that have the potential for genetic or hereditary diseases. They should also be transparent about the facilities where the puppies are bred. If possible, you should take time to visit the breeder at least once before making the final decision.
- Reviews: Always check online reviews before jumping into a decision that will require a lot of time, effort, and money. A simple Google search should indicate whether the breeder is trustworthy and legitimate.
Questions to Ask a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeder From Texas
Staffordshire Bull Terriers tend to be hyperactive and agile puppies. So, you’d do well to prepare a bit ahead of time.
Consider asking some of these questions to your breeder before adopting:
- Do you provide veterinary services in the facility?
- Would you be available in case of emergencies with the puppy?
- Do I need to take shorthaired breeds to be groomed very often?
- What are the grooming habits of my Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
- What kind of food should I give my puppy?
Conclusion For The “Best Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeders in Texas”
We all love puppies, don’t we? Adopting a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy is also a responsibility that could last nearly 12 to 14 years. We suggest that you prepare yourself very well before taking on that duty. Now that you’ve read this entire article or skimmed through it, you must know a Stafford puppy’s basic care and husbandry.
If you think you’re responsible enough to take one on, the breeders, as mentioned earlier, are good options. Suppose you have your heart set on a different breeder; that’s great too. Just make sure that you know the costs and proper care for the puppy before you adopt one.
For more guides similar to this list of Staffordshire Bull Terrier breeders in Texas, you can check out:
- Best Bull Terrier Breeders in New Jersey
- Best Bull Terrier Breeders in Maine
- Best Pumi Breeders in Texas
Before you bring home a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy from a breeder in Texas, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breed Review” down below: