Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for Poodle breeders in New Mexico. Poodles are great dogs to have because they love to play and interact. They are also intelligent animals and can even be trained as therapy or guide dogs. Since these dogs make such good pet animals, many people look to buy a puppy.
The problem is finding a breeder whom you can trust to not only produce healthy animals but can also be trusted to be honest. We know people may struggle to find a good Poodle breeder in New Mexico, so we have put together this article for you to use.
Before scrolling down this list of Poodle breeders in New Mexico, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Goldendoodle Breeders in New Mexico and Best Labradoodle Breeders in New Mexico.
Poodle Puppies For Sale in New Mexico
Poodles are often advertised for sale, but you cant always be certain that the person you are contacting is to be trusted. Many people are conned out of money, so we have included a list of some well-known Poodle breeders in New Mexico. You can begin by researching these breeders first.
Poodle Product Recommendations: Best Dog Bells For Potty Training and Best Soft Dry Dog Foods.
1. PuppySpot’s Poodles For New Mexico
Since you’re searching for Poodle breeders in New Mexico, we highly recommend checking out PuppySpot’s incredibly helpful platform. PuppySpot is an online dog marketplace where you can browse and locate a compatible Poodle puppy right from the comfort of your home in New Mexico.
It would be best if you kept in mind that all Poodle breeders must go through a strict screening process, so you can rest assured knowing that your companion will be safely shipped to your home in New Mexico. Before continuing on your journey for a companion in New Mexico, check out the link to PuppySpot’s online platform below.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Poodles
- Phone Number: (866) 269-1056
2. Zia Standard Poodles and Newfoundlands
This breeder is a veterinarian, which is an advantage. Poodles are not the only dog they breed. They do also have litters of Newfoundlands. Zia Standard Poodles and Newfoundlands have been in business since 1997, and they are registered on the AKC website, which means that they follow the code of ethics for breeding dogs.
This is a breeder in New Mexico that appears to be very experienced. You can use the contact details we have provided below to contact them and find out more about their puppy adoption process.
Zia Standard Details
- Website: Zia Standard Poodles and Newfoundlands
- Address/Location: 3145 Ventura Rd SE, Deming, NM 88030.
- Phone: (361) 244-0719
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Zia Poodles and Newfies
3. Sweetwater Bichons of New Mexico
This breeder has been in the business of breeding Poodles since 2000. They have a lot of experience and are listed on the AKC site as a reputable puppy breeder for Poodles in New Mexico. There is a two-year health warranty given on every puppy adopted from Sweetwater Bichons of New Mexico.
All dogs are also tested for genetic conditions that could be an issue. For instance, they do complete tests for hip dysplasia (OFA testing). They also do the Companion Animal Eye Registry test (CERT) for checking for any optic problems that could be genetic and passed on to puppies.
Sweetwater Bichons of New Mexico Details
- Website: Sweetwater Bichons of New Mexico
- Address / Location: Stanley, NM 87056.
- Phone Number: (775) 790-1348
4. C & T Kennels
C & T Kennels raise Standard Poodles in New Mexico. They are registered with the AKC and are active on social media. The parent dogs used in their breeding program are AKC registered. This particular breeder does give a health guarantee and a bill of sale that gives further information on the expectations of both the buyer and seller.
The Poodles they sell are all vaccinated at six weeks of age, and they are also given deworming medicine at appropriate times. The puppies’ parents are guaranteed free of inherited conditions since they have all undergone testing for genetic problems that puppies may inherit.
C & T Kennels Details
- Website: C & T Kennels
- Address / Location: Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Facebook: C & T Kennels’ Facebook
5. Moonlight Mesa Ranch Poodles and Doodles
The last of our Poodle breeders located in New Mexico is Moonlight Mesa Ranch Poodles and Doodles. They raise both Doodles and Poodles. They have a good knowledge of the genetics of the parent dogs, and they even allow you access to the genetic profile of each parent dog through the Embark company website.
This provides genetic traits like coat color, tail length, and body size. They also indicate what genetic diseases were tested for, and they provide the results of this. OFA testing is also done on parent dogs to make sure hips are normal and other bones are not deformed. To find out more information about Moonlight Mesa Ranch Poodles and Doodles, use the contact information below.
Moonlight Mesa Ranch Poodles and Doodles Details
- Website: Moonlight Mesa Ranch Poodles and Doodles
- Address / Location: Farmington, NM.
- Phone: (505) 320-1662
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Moonlight Mesa Ranch’s Facebook
6. Durango Poodles
If you cannot find a good Poodle breeder in New Mexico, you can try Durango Poodles, nearby in Colorado. This breeder has been in business since at least 2013, and they do work on socializing the puppies and begin training the dogs from early on. All puppies are also health checked, and dogs are tested for genetic diseases that the puppies could inherit.
Durango Poodles have included some links to nice informative articles on Poodles that people can read to learn more about this breed of dog. You can fill in and send a puppy application to the breeder and contact them to learn more about their puppy adoption process. They have a strong social media presence as they also have a Facebook and Instagram page.
Durango Poodles Details
- Website: Durango Poodles
- Address / Location: Hesperus, CO
- Phone Number: (970) 903-6145
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Durango Poodles’ Facebook
- Instagram: Durango Poodles’ Instagram
7. Grace Poodles
Last on the list of the best Poodle breeders in New Mexico is “Grace Poodles.” “Grace Poodles” is another Poodle breeder found in Colorado. This is another alternative for people who cannot find a Poodle to adopt from one of the breeders in New Mexico.
They breed Standard Poodles, Goldendoodles, and Labradoodles. This breeder has a good reputation and positive online reviews. Their puppies are checked and have vet health records.
They are also given vaccinations and are dewormed. Grace Poodles do require a non-refundable deposit to be made to reserve a puppy, so you do need to be sure before sending any money. We recommend you contact them for further information on their litters and the process involved in purchasing a Poodle from them.
Grace Poodles Details
- Website: Grace Poodles
- Address / Location: 21320 Oak VW, Fountain, CO 80817
- Phone Number: (719) 342-9281 and (719) 822-8708
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Grace Poodles in Colorado
How to Choose a Poodle Breeder in New Mexico
Poodles are a great choice for many families, but it is not always an easy task to find a good person to buy a puppy from. You need to ask yourself some questions when evaluating a Poodle breeder from whom you are considering adopting a puppy. Listed below are at least six questions you must ask before committing.
- Is the breeder listed on the AKC site, or do they have dogs registered with the AKC?
- Are there positive reviews from previous buyers for this breeder?
- Have the parent dogs been tested for genetic diseases? Tests here may include OFA and CERT.
- Does the breeder require a non-refundable deposit?
- Is there any health warranty on the puppy you are adopting from the breeder?
- Have the breeder’s Poodle puppies been vaccinated and dewormed, and is there proof?
- What is the shipping or collection policy for puppies once payment has been made?
Choosing Your Poodle Puppy
Before buying a Poodle puppy, you should know more about the breed. We have given some information below on the Poodle to help you decide if a Poodle is a dog you want to adopt.
- There are different types of Poodles based on size, from the largest to the smallest being the Standard Poodle, Miniature Poodle, and Toy Poodle.
- Poodles are high-energy and lively dogs.
- Poodles come in many colors, including black, apricot, brown, and gray.
- They have quite high grooming needs because of having long and curly hair.
- They can jump quite high, so if you have your dog in a garden, you need to ensure a high enough fence.
- They are fun-loving and smart dogs that can be readily trained.
- They make nice companion dogs, and they like attention.
More Information About Poodle Breeders in New Mexico
It is a good idea to research every Poodle breeder fully you come across. Our list can serve as a beginning point for your search for a reputable Poodle breeder. A trustworthy Poodle breeder should know all the details about this breed of dog, including knowing aspects related to the development of the puppy and the temperament of the breed.
They should be able to provide you with information and details on all aspects of their business, from when litters will be available to deposits, payment options, shipping options, and what sort of health checkups puppies have had. A reputable breeder should also provide you with proof of genetic testing and vaccination and deworming of dogs.
Conclusion For The “Best Poodle Breeders in New Mexico”
Poodles are terrific dogs that become valuable members of a family. These dogs are clever and respond well to training classes. You can use our tips on choosing a breeder and the list we have provided to find a trustworthy Poodle breeder in New Mexico.
For more guides similar to this list of Poodle breeders in New Mexico, you can check out:
- Best Poodle Breeders in Oklahoma
- Best Poodle Breeders in the Midwest
- Best Poodle Breeders in Missouri
Before you bring home a Poodle puppy from a breeder in New Mexico, you can learn more about the breed by watching “12 Things Only Poodle Dog Owners Understand” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.