If you’re searching for the best Maltipoos breeders in Utah, then you’ve come to the right place. For many years, people referred to mix-breed dogs as mutts.
However, breeding together two different purebred breeds now is considered designer, and many different, new breeds are becoming established. The Maltipoo is one of these breeds, bringing together the Poodle and the Maltese.
When you decide to add a Maltipoo to your family, finding a reputable breeder helps ensure that you receive a healthy puppy. It also gives you a valuable resource to turn to as your puppy grows.
Finding a Maltipoo Breeder in Utah
Designer puppy breeds, due to their popularity, are often the target of puppy mills. These irresponsible breeders overbreed popular dogs to pull in more money, ignoring the health and wellbeing of their dogs and puppies. Finding a reputable breeder that puts the health of their dogs and puppies first helps to ensure your puppy is healthy.
In addition, a good breeder with extensive knowledge of the breed is the perfect person to turn to when you have questions, whether it is about the breed, possible health risks, training, or just what to expect when raising your Maltipoo. Some signs of a good breeder include:
- They Want to Meet You: A good breeder will want to meet with you. They will be willing to answer your questions, but they will also have questions for you. They want to screen their potential puppy parents to help ensure their puppies are going to good homes.
- You Can Meet the Parents: A good breeder will have the parents available to see and meet, allowing you to see what your new puppy may look like and get an idea of temperament.
- You Can See the Breeding Facilities: You will be able to see where the puppies and adult dogs are raised.
- The Focus is on One or a Couple Breeds: Reputable breeders typically focus on a single breed or similar couple. For example, Maltipoo breeders may also breed Poodles and Maltese puppies.
- You May Have to Wait for Your Puppy: Responsible breeders do not always have puppies available as they do not have multiple litters throughout the year. Therefore, often you will be placed on a waiting list for an available puppy. In addition, puppies should not be sent home until they are over eight weeks of age.
- Health Exams and Guarantees: Breeding dogs should have been screened for genetic and breed-related health conditions. A good breeder can show you the results of these tests. In addition, they should provide veterinarian reports on your puppy, as well as provide a health guarantee against genetic and congenital health conditions.
Related: Maltipoo Pros and Cons.
Meet the Maltipoo
If you are looking for a dog that looks like a puppy forever, the Maltipoo may be the perfect puppy for you. The Maltipoo is a designer breed that brings together either a toy or mini Poodle with a Maltese, resulting in a small dog with a round face and adorable floppy ears.
They can have curly, wavy, or scruffy hair, and they come in a variety of colors, including black, blue, grey, brown, cream, silver, white, and red. Thanks to the Poodle mix, they are also considered hypoallergenic and typically do not shed at all.
Maltipoo sizes can vary depending on whether they are bred with a toy or mini Poodle. Smaller dogs tend to be under 10 pounds and a foot tall. Larger Maltipoos can be up to around 20 pounds and a little over a foot tall.
Maltipoo Puppies For Sale in Utah
Finding your perfect puppy starts with finding the right breeder. Here we offer you a list of some of the best Maltipoo breeders in Utah and the surrounding areas.
1. PuppySpot’s Maltipoos For Utah
Unfortunately, reputable Maltipoo breeders are few and far between in Utah and the surrounding states. But that doesn’t mean you have to turn to a puppy mill or give up on adding a Maltipoo to your family.
The online marketplace PuppySpot offers a unique solution. The team at PuppySpot works to carefully screen dog breeders across the country. Once the breeders pass their screening process, they can add the available puppies they have for adoption.
This screening process helps ensure you are getting a healthy, happy Maltipoo, and they back that up with a 10-year health guarantee against congenital and genetic conditions.
You log in, search for Maltipoos, and you have a page full of adorable fluffy faces to choose from. Once you find the perfect puppy for you, the team at PuppySpot works with you to arrange transportation and delivery of your new puppy directly to your door.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Maltipoos
2. My Doodle Maltipoos
My Doodle Maltipoos is a family breeder owned and operated by Marlene Kingston in Salt Lake City, Utah. The main focus of their breeding program is the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of their dogs and puppies.
Unlike the industry standard of a one- or two-year health guarantee, My Doodle Maltipoos offers a 10-year health guarantee against hereditary and congenital health conditions.
Given that these conditions don’t often show symptoms until after two years of age, they believe the extended health guarantee helps cover your puppy for much longer, giving you a better sense of comfort.
Their breeding program also includes early neuro stimulation, proper socialization, and puppy temperament testing to help you find the perfect puppy that will thrive in your family environment.
My Doodle Maltipoos Details
3. Polos Maltipoos
Last on the list of Maltipoo breeders in Utah is “Polos Maltipoos.” Polos Maltipoosis owned and operated by a certified canine behaviorist in The Dalles, Oregon, specializing in raising her Maltipoos as therapy dogs. All her breeding dogs live in the family home, and the litters are born in the bedroom.
These puppies are great at snuggling and cuddling, as well as loyal, interactive with their family, and intelligent. Polos Maltipoos likes to stay engaged with all puppy parents and offers free essential training advice for the life of your puppy.
Polos Maltipoos Details
- Location: The Dalles, Oregon
- Phone: (541) 993-6595
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Polos Maltipoos
Conclusion For The “Best Maltipoo Breeders in Utah”
Maltipoos are very intelligent dogs to raise, making them the perfect companion for your home in Utah. Whether you reached out to Florida Maltipoo breeders on this list or not, you should always do your research to help you prepare in advance.
For more content with mentions of the Maltipoo dog breed, you can check out:
- Best Types of Maltipoo Haircuts
- Are Maltipoos Easy to Train?
- Maltipoo Yorkie Mix Information, Facts, Images
You can learn more about the Maltipoo by watching “Maltipoo Dog Breed Guide” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.