Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best dog groomers in Lexington. Lexington is known for a lot of things. First, it is the second-largest city in Kentucky, with over 320,000. Secondly, it is called the “Horse Capital of the World.”
And third and most importantly, it is a wonderful and serene place. Lexington is home to many people and a place for many tourists. Something common with all these people is that they are often accompanied by little furry friends. That’s right, our dogs and puppies, our precious pets.
If you are a pet owner searching for a groomer to give your puppy some pampering, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’ve rounded up the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, and all they offer for your best buds. If you’re interested to find out more, keep on reading.
Before scrolling down this list of dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Dog Daycares in Lexington and Best Dog Groomers in Georgetown, Kentucky.
Find a Dog Groomer Near Me in Lexington, Kentucky
Before getting started with the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, we should tell you that we based these choices after evaluating numerous reviews, recommendations, the range of services, and many more contributing factors.
1. Earth Dog Spa & Apawthecary
We’re starting with a unique salon that falls among the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky. The Earth Dog Spa & Apawthecary is an all-natural pet grooming salon with a full range of grooming services. They have a very experienced and qualified team who are sure to treat your pet as their very own.
The groomers over at Earth Dog Spa & Apawthecary have over 20 years of experience in the industry. Overall, the salon has a very gentle approach to grooming and keeps environmental impact in mind when providing its services. Along with providing grooming services, they also have an “Apawthecary,” which offers natural supplements, essential oils, organic treats, and much more.
They provide their services to many dog breeds and sizes. However, the prices may vary on the condition of your pet. They have three main services, which include the bath service, the tidy service, and the full grooming service. You can expect to get bathing, shampooing and conditioning, ear cleaning, nail trimming, tooth brushing, haircuts, and much more.
Earth Dog Spa & Apawthecary Details
- Location: 713 Allendale Dr, Lexington, KY 40503
- Website: Earth Dog Spa & Apawthecary
- Phone Number: (859) 259-0088
- Email: email@example.com
2. D & S Canine Design
The second salon in our list of best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, is D & S Canine Design. This grooming salon provides its services to dogs of many sizes and breeds. They have many packages to choose from with varying prices according to your pet’s condition.
It’s nice to note that the owners of this salon have completed developmental courses in animal behavior and health care. So, you can rest assured that you’re leaving your pet in capable hands. They also take special care and attention when they handle their clients.
With over 16 years of experience, their staff is also well-equipped to handle the niche needs of your pet. You can also check out their website and social media pages to see some positive reviews of the salon and its team.
Their grooming services are separated into packages, but you can also get them individually. Among these packages, you can expect to get bathing, brushing, ear cleaning, gland expressions, haircuts, and much more. You can also get your puppy groomed at the D & S Canine Design salon.
D & S Canine Design Details
- Location: 3323 Partner Place Suite #4 Lexington, KY 40503
- Website: D & S Canine Design
- Phone Number: (859) 224-3647
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Petitude Grooming Salon
Our next contender in the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, is the Petitude Grooming Salon. This full-service grooming salon extends its services to both dogs and cats. They have a wide range of services to choose from, and that too for many dog breeds and sizes. The groomers of the salon, Teresa and Debbie, are both graduates of the Nash Academy of Animal Arts.
So, you know you’re leaving your beloved pet in perfectly capable hands. They are also accompanied by a team of individuals who promise to love and care for your pet as if they are their own. Along with grooming services, you can also get spa treatments, blueberry facials, and special treatments against fleas and ticks at the salon.
They also use all-natural and tear-less products in their session to make sure your pets have a nice and soothing time. As for grooming services, you can get bathing, coat brushing, nail trimming, pad trimming, ear cleaning, haircuts, styling, and much more. Remember that the pricing will also depend on your dog’s size, breed, temperament, and overall condition.
Petitude Grooming Salon Details
- Location: 3061 Fieldstone Way Lexington, KY 40513
- Website: Petitude Grooming Salon
- Phone Number: (859) 296-0999
- Email: email@example.com
4. Happy Hounds Grooming
Last on the list of the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, is “Happy Hounds Grooming.” Happy Hounds Grooming is one of the best dog groomers in the area. They have a team of expert groomers who have years of experience and training in the field, so you know your pet will be in capable hands.
The establishment owner, Patience Watson, has been taught under the Nash Academy of Animal Arts and promises to treat your pet with a lot of love and care. They are a full-service grooming salon that has a wide range of grooming services to choose from. Prices do depend on your dog’s size, temperament and condition, so keep that in mind when you go for a visit.
You can also see all the details for their packages and pricing on their website. Their grooming services range from bathing, nail trimming, ear cleaning, shampooing and conditioning, paw pad treatment, gland expressions, and more. You can get these services as a package or as individual purchases.
Happy Hounds Grooming Details
- Location: Happy Hounds Grooming, LLC 157 E Reynolds Rd Lexington, KY 40517
- Website: Happy Hounds Grooming
- Phone Number: (859) 523-2083
That’s our round-up of the best dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky. Feel free to look up some more groomers in your quest for the right groomer for your puppy. These are just a few of the many great groomers in Lexington, Kentucky.
Tips For Choosing the Right Dog Groomer in Lexington, Kentucky
The hunt for the right groomer doesn’t just stop with picking the groomer, though. You have to consider several other things when you choose the right groomer. Some of those considerations are explored below for your ease and convenience.
- Book an appointment: Before showing up at a grooming salon, book an appointment beforehand and chat with the groomer. You can take this time also to ask any additional questions that you might have for the groomer. Booking an appointment will also ensure that you don’t make a trip to the salon for nothing in case it’s packed with dogs.
- Check the facility and their environment: There have been many cases where dogs have caught bad illnesses after a trip to the salon. To avoid that, check the facility and ensure it’s hygienic and safe for your pet. Also, while you’re at it, look at the state of the tools and equipment being used.
- Look for reviews: We cannot stress this enough. Look for reviews and recommendations before settling on a grooming salon. Word-of-mouth travels fast. You better believe that if a salon is at all dodgy, people will speak up about it. So, take advantage of this network of people and search for enough online and offline reviews.
- Check for certification: Many grooming salons are functioning without certification or documentation. You want to steer clear of these salons and only take your pet to professionals who know what they’re doing. Thus, before choosing a salon, ask them about their certification and documentation.
Questions to Ask a Dog Groomer From Lexington
Once you have everything into account and shortlisted a groomer, you can draw up a list of questions to ask them. Don’t be shy about asking as many questions as you want. This is your pet on the line, and you want to be as thorough as possible.
In case you aren’t sure about what to ask the groomer, we’ve done some research and collected the most frequently asked questions for your groomer:
- Do you have any prior experience handling my breed?
- Can I see where my dog will wait for their session?
- What will you do if my dog is afraid or anxious?
- How long have you been grooming dogs?
- Will my dog be getting potty breaks between the sessions?
- What will be included in the grooming package that I chose?
Conclusion For The “Best Dog Groomers in Lexington, Kentucky”
While there is no perfect way to choose a groomer for your pet, there are some things you can do to stay ahead. Research is one of them. So, be sure to research and compare the prices and services of many salons before making that final pick.
Also, it would be best if you always kept the specific needs of your puppy in mind when choosing a groomer. You want them to have an enjoyable experience that will leave them clean and happy.
For more guides similar to this list of dog groomers in Lexington, Kentucky, you can check out:
Before you bring your dog to a groomer in Lexington, you can learn more about the cost by watching “Cost of Dog Grooming Services” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.