Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best dog groomers in Houston. Houston is known as the space capital of the world. The city is known to have made the largest contributions in the sector of science and space. But that’s not the only thing Houston is known for.
Some of the sweetest dogs and puppies are also residents of Houston, Texas. If your precious puppy needs a dog groomer, then you’ve stumbled upon the right article. Today we’re coming at you with the best dog groomers in Houston and all they have to offer.
We’ve looked around for a while and came up with the top groomers who will give your puppy an enjoyable grooming experience. Read on to make an informed decision about your dog’s health.
Before scrolling down this list of dog groomers in Houston, check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Dog Trainers in Houston and Best Goldendoodle Rescues in Houston.
Find a Dog Groomer Near Me in Houston
We looked at reviews, references, their range of services, and so many more important factors when we picked out these dog groomers in Houston. So, rest assured, because we covered all our bases before recommending these top-rated salons to you.
1. Puddy Cuts
The first in our list of best dog groomers in Houston is Puddy Cuts. This full-service pet grooming studio is known to provide personalized services for its furry clients. They promote a stress-free atmosphere and are great for pets who suffer from anxiety or stress.
This salon has grooming services along with dog boarding. Their prices are very reasonable but can vary depending on your dog’s breed and size. They also can give you a pre-groom consultation so you can custom make a grooming session for your dear pet.
Their grooming services include soaking baths, gland expressions, blow-drying, hand brushing, nail trimming and clipping, ear cleaning, etc. The owner, Steve, has been in the grooming business since 2012 and is known to be one of the best groomers in the area. Remember that you need to take the vaccination card for rabies when you go in for the session.
Puddy Cuts Details
- Location: 5229 Brinkman St, Houston, TX 77091
- Website: Puddy Cuts
- Phone Number: (832) 654-7475
- Email: [email protected]
Peek-A-Boo Dog Grooming is a grooming salon that falls among the best dog groomers in Houston. The owner, Eon, is known to be an expert dog groomer and loves every furry client that walks through the doors. The salon has some of the best dog groomers in Houston and is known to be very gentle and caring towards the dogs.
They implement the latest trends and techniques in their grooming services and are sure to give your dog an aesthetic look by the end. They have a wide range of services to choose from, separated into the Bath and the Full Groom package.
Among these packages, you can get bathing, shampooing and conditioning, nail grinding, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, and more. They also have extra services like de-matting, de-shedding, flea dips, styling cuts, and scissoring. However, these services have extra charges attached to them. All the prices are mentioned on their website, so check that out.
- Location: 13214 W Little York Rd, #F, Houston, TX, 77041
- Website: Peek-A-Boo
- Phone Number: (832) 770-4951
- Email: [email protected]
3. Well Groomed
Our third pick in the list of best dog groomers in Houston is Well Groomed. As the name suggests, this professional salon will ensure your dog is well-groomed. They have a team of professionals who cater to many breeds and sizes of dogs. The groomers at Well Groomed have over 35 years of experience and are known to be very loving to their furry clients.
They have a camera-monitored facility so you can remotely keep an eye on your pet while they go in for their session. The salon focuses on your pet’s comfort and wellness over everything. They make sure to give your pet a relaxing time while also getting them nice and clean.
They also use some of the latest grooming techniques in the industry. Well, Groomed has a wide selection of grooming services to choose from. Some include nail filing and clipping, ear and eye cleaning, haircuts, baths, and more. You can also get additional services like spa treatments, de-shedding, geriatric grooming, etc.
Well Groomed Details
- Location: 3222 Marquart Street Houston, TX 77027
- Website: Well Groomed
- Phone Number: (832) 360-2600
- Email: [email protected]
4. The Top Dawgz
Another one among the best dog groomers in Houston is The Top Dawgz. This dog grooming salon offers hair and skin treatments and services for dogs. They tend to dogs of different sizes and breeds and even to cats. They have professional dog groomers to handle different types of dogs with specific needs.
They can also recommend and give tips for styling your dog’s fur and coat. According to your pet’s specific breed, you can get personalized services at this salon. They have numerous grooming services to choose from. These include bathing, ear cleaning, nail clipping, gland expressions, teeth brushing, etc.
You can also get additional services like aesthetic-free teeth scaling, blueberry facials, and baths with premium shampoos. They steer clear of shampoos and products that have any harmful chemicals. They also use the latest equipment during grooming sessions. Moreover, their prices are quite competitive and reasonable. However, prices may vary on the condition of your pet.
The Top Dawgz Details
- Location: 10850 West Road Suite #104 Houston, TX 77064
- Website: The Top Dawgz
- Phone Number: (832) 688-8580
Last on the list of the best dog groomers in Houston is “Polkadotdogs.” This is a locally-owned business and has been in business since 2010. They offer a full range of dog grooming services to the surrounding areas. The salon also offers daycare and boarding facilities for pets.
Polkadotdogs also are known to use hypoallergenic shampoos in their grooming sessions. Pet owners can choose from various scents for these shampoos, including lavender, oatmeal, mint, and green tea. They offer a full range of grooming services and will even provide consultation on what’s best for your pets.
You can also get flea and tick conditioning treatments, cream rinses, and much more. The manager, Michele Hicks, has been in the animal care industry for over 12 years. This salon’s professional and well-trained staff is ideal for first-time pet owners.
- Location: 2505 Ella Blvd Houston, TX 77008
- Website: Polkadotdogs
- Phone Number: (713) 677-0701
- Email: [email protected]
Those were our top picks for the best dog groomers in Houston. We only mentioned our top 5 to keep things short and sweet, so feel free to do your research.
Tips For Choosing The Right Dog Groomer in Houston
Finding the right groomer for your precious puppy is no easy task. You have to make sure that you consider everything when making this decision. We’ve rounded up some tips to help you in this process.
- Look at reviews and recommendations: Our number one tip for finding the right groomer is to look through as many reviews as possible. Word-of-mouth travels fast, and if a groomer is good, they’ll have happy clients who have reviewed them. You can look both online and offline for these reviews.
- Check the facility and its equipment: You want to ensure the grooming facility is clean and hygienic before dropping off your pet. Many dogs and puppies have caught nasty diseases after a visit to the groomers, so better not take your chances. Also, check all the equipment they use and ensure they are good quality.
- Book an appointment: While walk-ins are okay in most cases, booking an appointment with the groomer can be a good idea. You can also use this time to ask the groomer some additional questions about the session.
- Compare the prices: Our last tip for today is to compare the prices of the shortlisted grooming salons before choosing one. You will notice that many salons claim to provide a luxurious experience and end up overcharging their clients significantly while, in reality, the services they give are basic. Steer clear of such deals and go to salons that offer quality services at reasonable prices.
Questions to Ask a Dog Groomer From Houston
Besides the tips we’ve mentioned above, you can also consider asking the groomer some questions before the session. Don’t be hesitant about this at all. Ask as many questions as you want to make sure you and your pet are at ease.
Here are some pointers to help you get started.
- Can I see your certification?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Have you had any experience with my dog’s breed?
- Will you need any documentation or vaccine certificates for the session?
- How do you handle pets that are scared or anxious?
- Where will my dog wait for its session?
Conclusion For The “Best Dog Groomers in Houston”
When choosing the best dog groomer in Houston for your pet, remember your pet’s special needs and requirements. Each dog is different and will have different needs from the groomer. So, pick one suitable for your precious pet from all angles. Explore our list of the best dog groomers in Houston and get your dog some good old TLC today.
For more guides similar to this list of dog groomers in Houston, you can check out:
Before you bring your dog to a groomer in Houston, you can learn more about the costs by watching “Cost of Dog Grooming Services” down below: