Finding the best Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia is a challenging task, so we have created this guide to help you. Friendly, gentle, and trustworthy with adorable looks, it’s not surprising the Cocker Spaniel is such a popular family pet.
Bred as hunting dogs, the merry Cocker Spaniel has developed into an all-around companion who loves nothing more than a cuddle with family members. Their small size and adaptability make them suitable for any living arrangement providing you give them plenty of daily exercises.
Before scrolling down this list of Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best German Shepherd Breeders in Virginia and Best Maltese Breeders in Virginia.
Cocker Spaniel Puppies For Sale in Virginia
We have carried out our independent research to help you find Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale in Virginia and save you time. We only choose reputable breeders who care about the welfare of the puppies they breed and give them the best start in life. You may wish to consider the following Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia who can walk you through buying a puppy.
Cocker Spaniel Product Recommendations: Best Dog Scooting Treatments and Best Beef Trachea For Dogs.
1. PuppySpot’s Cocker Spaniels For Virginia
Since you’re searching for Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia, we recommend checking out PuppySpot’s marketplace. PuppySpot is a reputable marketplace where you can browse for available Cocker Spaniel puppies from the comfort of your home in Virginia.
Keep in mind that all Cocker Spaniel puppies listed by breeders must go through a strict screening process, which means that your companion will arrive in Virginia safely. Before continuing on your journey for a Cocker Spaniel puppy for sale in Virginia, you should check out the link to the marketplace below.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Cocker Spaniels
- Phone: (866) 269-1056
2. Mountainside Cocker Spaniels
This small hobby breeder in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia focuses on raising healthy and well socialized Cocker Spaniel puppies with exceptional temperaments. The puppies are raised in the family home and spend time playing outdoors socializing with their other dogs, cats, and family members.
They are also crate trained at night to help kickstart the housebreaking process. Mountainside Cocker Spaniels will only place their puppies in a home that has a caring and healthy environment and will take the puppy back within one year (sometimes longer) should the owner no longer be able to keep them.
Puppies are available just three times a year from their female Cocker Spaniels, and there is often a waiting list. Although there are champions in their dogs’ pedigrees, they do not show their dogs. The puppies are sold as pets only and are not for breeding.
A non-refundable deposit is required to hold a puppy, and their Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale in Virginia come with:
- AKC pet registration
- One-year limited health guarantee
- 30 days of free pet insurance
- First shots, deworming, vet health check
- Tails/declaw done
- Interceptor Plus given
- Collar and security blanket
- Small bag of puppy kibble
This breeder has its website and Facebook page, where they have 5-star reviews.
Mountainside Cocker Spaniels Details
- Website: Mountainside Cocker Spaniels
- Address / Location: Ferrum, VA, US 24102
- Phone Number: (540) 352-0415
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Blackberry Farm Cocker Spaniels
This breeder, located near Richmond, VA, has accumulated experience breeding Cocker Spaniel puppies since 2008. They tend to only have one litter a year, with the parents being their pets, so puppies are limited.
The welfare of their Cocker Spaniel puppies takes top priority as the breeder, Eunice Wine, will only place them with owners who have had Cockers before and know how to look after them properly.
Their girl puppies cost $2,400, and the boy puppies cost $1,800, with only a $400 refundable deposit required to hold one. They receive a high volume of messages, so that they would appreciate only serious inquiries about their Cocker Spaniel puppies.
Blackberry Farm Cocker Spaniels Details
- Website: Blackberry Farm
- Address / Location: Henrico, VA 23228
- Phone Number: (434) 315-4547
- Email: email@example.com
4. Top-Notch Cocker Spaniels
Christine Bruce is the breeder behind Top Notch Cocker Spaniels, located in Gate City, VA, and regularly shows her top-quality dogs. They have responsible policies for breeding, training, and rehoming their puppies.
Their Cocker Spaniel puppies are brought up in a home environment socializing with young children, other dogs, cats, and sometimes even goats and chickens. Once the small puppies have had their first shots, they play outside and meet the other animals on their farm.
They also introduce their puppies to the early stages of crate training and collar and leash training, go for car rides, and have weekly baths from four weeks old. If you are searching for Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale in Virginia, you can guarantee these puppies are well socialized and educated by the time you take one home.
When you apply for a Cocker Spaniel puppy from Top Notch, they will ask plenty of questions about yourself so the breeder can provide you with the right match. Prices range from $2,000 to $3,500.
- AKC papers
- Health guarantee
- Welcome home bag
- Blanket with littermates’ scent
- Puppy leash and collar
- Food starter bag
Top-Notch Cocker Spaniels Details
- Website: Good Dog
- Address / Location: Gate City, VA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Top-Notch Cocker Spaniels’ Facebook
5. Mountain Valley Cockers
Last on our list of Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia is Mountain Valley Cockers. The breeder, Jennifer Clark, aims to breed for exceptional quality to maintain the highest standards, with the main priority being the health and well-being of all their puppies. They are rigorous in their screening to ensure they select the right home for each of their puppies.
The price of a Cocker Spaniel puppy from Mountain Valley includes:
- AKC registration
- Health check
- Tails docked and dewclaws removed.
If you are searching for adorable Cocker Spaniel puppies in Virginia, Mountain Valley Cockers is excellent. Each puppy goes home with a package of goodies that includes toys, food, a teether, and a Mommy blanket to help the transition to their new home.
They also receive a puppy cut and a bath before going with their new family. This breeder lives up to its motto, “from our family to yours.” Mountain Valley Cockers has an excellent website with plenty of pictures and information about their dogs, plus a blog.
Mountain Valley Cockers Details
- Website: Mountain Valley Cockers
- Address / Location: 3866 A P Carter Hwy, Hiltons, VA 24258, Scott County
- Phone Number: (276) 690-6396
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Mountain Valley Cockers’ Facebook
How to Choose a Reputable Cocker Spaniel Breeder From Virginia
When searching for Cocker Spaniel puppies in Virginia, you must be careful as not all breeders are trustworthy or reliable. Here we give you a few pointers to help you find a reputable breeder.
- In-Person Meeting: The breeder should be happy to meet you in person, show you their facilities and allow you to meet both the mother and the father of the puppies. The parents should have good temperaments and be screened for breed-related health problems before being used for breeding to ensure the puppies are as healthy as possible. The puppies must look clean, healthy, and bright.
- Ask Questions: Go prepared with a long list of questions about the Cocker Spaniel breed and the puppies and parents. A caring breeder will happily answer all your questions and have questions for you to ensure you know what to expect with this type of dog and provide the right home.
- Puppies Raised As Part Of The Family: The puppies should live in the home as part of the family, so they receive the best care and attention and have plenty of socialization with other pets and children.
- Waiting List: Having to go on a waiting list for a puppy is a good sign the breeder doesn’t overbreed from their female Cocker Spaniels. They should also state that they will not rehome puppies before eight weeks old.
- Contracts: You will receive complete veterinary records, and you and the breeder will sign contracts that include details of the responsibilities of both parties. The Cocker Spaniel breeder should guarantee that you can return the puppy if things don’t work out to prevent it from ending up in a shelter.
Conclusion For The “Best Cocker Spaniel Breeders in Virginia”
When looking for Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale in Virginia, you must ensure that the breeder has a good reputation. Never buy from puppy mills, pet stores, or backstreet breeders. These places have no consideration for animal welfare and are only interested in making money.
Their puppies usually are sick and unsocialized and will not have had any veterinary health checks. A reputable breeder will not sell puppies to the first person who comes along with cash in hand.
Their top priority is the health and welfare of the puppies they breed to ensure they go to the right home and will give you a thorough screening before you can buy a puppy from them.
Our list of Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia will help you take the first step to find a suitable and healthy Cocker Spaniel puppy that will be with you and your family for many years.
For more guides similar to this list of Cocker Spaniel breeders in Virginia, you can check out:
- Best Cocker Spaniel Breeders in Illinois
- Best Cocker Spaniel Breeders in Pennsylvania
- Best Cocker Spaniel Breeders in Texas
Before bringing home a Cocker Spaniel puppy from a breeder in Virginia, you can learn more about the breed by watching the “Cocker Spaniel Dog Breed Guide” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.