Are you searching for Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina? You have decided the time has come to add a furry member to your family.
Whether you have researched dog breeds or know someone with a Cavalier King Charles, you have decided this is the dog for you. But how do you find a reputable breeder that will have healthy and happy puppies and be willing to answer all your questions?
Here we provide an introduction to the Cavalier King Charles breed, tips for finding a reputable breeder, as well as a list of some of the top Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina to help you in your search.
Before scrolling down this list of Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina, check out these other breeder recommendations: Best Sheltie Breeders in North Carolina and Best Pointer Breeders in North Carolina.
Meet the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a breed that dates back to the 1700s and is a favorite of King Charles II, thus the name. It is believed that the breed comes from small spaniels bred with either the Japanese Chin or Tibetan Spaniel.
These adorable balls of fur love being your lap companion and, throughout history, have been known as comforter spaniels, serving as lap and foot warmers. These dogs are sweet, gentle, playful, and willing to please.
They are happy going for a walk with you but just as happy to curl up in your lap and snuggle. They are typically friendly with other animals and do not dig or bark excessively.
Cavalier King Charles is considered a toy breed, standing about a foot tall and weighing 18 pounds. Puppies come in a range of patterns, including black and tan, tricolor, and bicolor. Colors include red, black, white, and brown/chocolate/liver.
Finding a Reputable Cavalier King Charles Breeder in North Carolina
When you are looking for a breeder, how do you know what type of breeder you are talking to? When it comes to dog breeders, there are three main types: reputable breeders, the puppy mill, and the backyard breeder. Here we explain each of these breeder types in detail.
- Reputable Breeder: These breeders focus on the breeds that they raise. They strive to raise healthy puppies that conform to the breed standard. They are often members of the ACK, Breeders of Merit, and groups associated with the specific breed. They put money into extensive medical testing to rule out genetic and congenital conditions in their breeding dogs, and all puppies undergo medical examinations. In many cases, puppies come with a health guarantee. You can see and meet the breeding parents when you visit the breeder, and you will find many of these puppies raised in a home setting for ideal socialization. In most cases, reputable breeders only have 1-2 litters per year, giving their breeding dogs time off from having more puppies, meaning you may have to wait for your perfect puppy.
- A Puppy Mill: Puppy mills focus on regular breeding, often overbreeding adults to have continual puppies available. In many cases, puppy mills will also offer many different breeds at one time. Puppies are always available, often raised in a kennel under poor conditions. Health guarantees are rarely offered, and breeding dogs do not undergo genetic testing, increasing your risk of receiving a puppy with potential health concerns.
- Backyard Breeders: These breeders fall in between reputable breeders and puppy mills. Typically, families breed their dogs for the money the pups bring in. While they love their dogs and puppies are often raised in the house and socialized, these dogs do not undergo medical testing and can pose health risks.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies For Sale in North Carolina
Here is a list of some of the top Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina and the surrounding areas. These breeders focus on the health and wellbeing of their puppies and work with you to find the best puppy to fit your family’s needs.
1. PuppySpot’s Cavalier King Charles Puppies For North Carolina
If you can still find a breeder you connect with and that has an available puppy for you in North Carolina, you are not out of luck. PuppySpot offers you a unique solution.
PuppySpot screens dog breeders across the country, looking for breeders that meet their high standards. These breeders can then list available puppies on their marketplace, so you can spend the day looking at adorable puppy faces until you find the perfect puppy for your family.
Every puppy from PuppySpot comes with a 10-year health guarantee, and it doesn’t matter where in the country they are located. PuppySpot will work with you and the breeder to arrange transportation and have your little bundle of fur delivered right to your door.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Phone Number: (866) 269-1056
2. Kingston Cavaliers
Kingston Cavaliers is a small breeder in Kinston, North Carolina, breeding Cavaliers for many, many years. They have worked very hard in creating a healthy breeding program and have raised over five generations of their healthy lines.
They believe that these dogs are outstanding family members, and every puppy deserves a happy and loving home. Therefore, they have a 3-page application process to screen for perfect family matches for each puppy.
All dogs are raised in the home, with lots of love and socialization. Breeding dogs are AKC registered and come from champion pedigrees. They specialize in Blenheim and tricolors.
All puppies go home with a record of current vaccinations and a health check, and a puppy pack includes a sample of Royal Canin food, AKC registration papers, vitamin samples, a fact sheet, and a special toy. In addition, puppies come with a 1-year health guarantee extended to two years if the puppy remains on NuVet vitamins.
Kingston Cavaliers Details
- Location: 702 Cobb Road, Kinston, North Carolina
- Phone: (252) 523-0322
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Kingston Cavaliers
3. Westbend Cavaliers
Westbend Cavaliers is a small breeder located in the Piedmont Triad area. All their puppies are raised in their home, are vet checked before adoption, and come with a health guarantee.
In addition, their breeding dogs have regular heart and patella checks to help ensure there are no possible genetic issues. They always have the parents on-site so you can see what your puppies may grow up to look like. They require a 25% deposit to reserve a puppy from an upcoming litter.
Westbend Cavaliers Details
- Location: Piedmont Triad Area, North Carolina
- Phone: (336) 745-7264
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Westbend Cavaliers
4. Livelyoak Cavaliers
Livelyoak Cavaliers is a small Cavalier breeder located in Supply, North Carolina, halfway between Wilmington, North Carolina, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
They focus on breeding beautiful well-socialized, and OFA health tested AKC and CKCSC-USA champion Cavalier King Charles Spaniels for show and companionship.
The owner is the president of the Central Carolina Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club and a member in good standing of the AKCCSC and the CKCSC-USA.
Livelyoak Cavaliers Details
- Location: Supply, North Carolina
- Phone: (910) 443-4845
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Livelyoak Cavaliers
5. Lizmere Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
Last on the Cavalier King Charles breeders list in North Carolina is “Lizmere Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.” Lizmere is a state-of-the-art breeding facility near Charlotte, North Carolina, specializing in healthy and happy Cavaliers bred for their temperament and breed standard.
They make the health records of all breeding dogs available so you can see there are no signs of genetic conditions. All puppies undergo thorough vet checks before finding their new home. They are an American Kennel Club Breeder of Merit, and they strive to maintain the high standards of the breed.
Lizmere Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Details
- Location: Casar, North Carolina
- Phone: (704) 473-7061
- Website: Lizmere Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
Conclusion For The “Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in North Carolina”
We hope this list of Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina will help you find the perfect companion. We understand the challenges people face when searching for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeder, especially the one that’s right for you. We hope this will save you time and our team wishes you the best of luck.
For more guides similar to this list of Cavalier King Charles breeders in North Carolina, you can check out:
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Texas
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Ohio
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in New York
Before you purchase a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy from a breeder in North Carolina, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dog Breed Guide” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.