Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for Cavalier King Charles breeders in Texas. Bred as a companion, the Cavalier King Charles ranks as the 18th most popular breed and has been recognized by the AKC since 1995.
As one of the largest toy breeds, King Charles Spaniel’s Cavalier has hung on to its sportiness. These dogs may love a good belly rub and sit on someone’s lap, but that doesn’t make them couch potatoes.
The Cavalier King Charles is an intelligent natural athlete, Excelling as a therapy dog. Performing superbly in events such as agility, rally, and obedience, this breed is easy to train for the perfect companion.
This breed is available in four different colors and patterns and makes a wonderful addition to any family. The process of bringing home a Cavalier King Charles starts with finding a reputable breeder.
Getting a well-bred dog will make all the difference in their personality and trainability. Before rushing off to the first pet store you find, keep in mind some of the tips below.
Finding a Reputable Breeder Cavalier King Charles Breeder in Texas
Finding a breeder is about more than performing an online search. There are markers to stay on the lookout for when reviewing the information the breeder posts.
Here are some steps to take to find a reputable breeder:
- Meeting the breeder: Meeting the breeder face-to-face, whether in person or webcam, is a crucial step in determining the type of breeder you’re facing. A live meeting will provide insight into the breeder’s type of person and how passionate they are about the work. Some breeders may also allow potential owners to see the home or the facilities where the puppies live, which is a crucial step.
- Breeder answering your questions: Reputable breeders don’t mind sharing as much information as they can; sometimes, before you know, you’ll need the answer. Find a breeder willing to answer all hard questions; the good and the bad of owning the breed. Breeders who love the work and the dogs they have under their care will impart as much information as possible on potential owners at any time during the phase of ownership – before and after purchase.
- Meeting the puppy’s parents: One of the best ways to find out what type of puppies you’re likely to get from the breeder is to meet the parents. Genetics plays a big role in what the litter will look and act like since the puppies inherit those traits from their parents. The same thing goes for any health issues—they can get passed from one generation to another, and it’s essential to keep them in mind.
- Waitlist: Getting a new puppy is an exciting time for families, but patience is critical. A good sign of a reputable breeder is a waitlist. Many people don’t like to hear that, but reputable breeders will care for the puppies and parents, limiting the number of litters they have in a year and creating a waitlist.
- Puppies are treated like family: The breeder treats the puppies they’ll send home with new owners like a member of their own family. Puppies from a reputable breeder will stay inside the home along with their parents. Early socialization is especially beneficial to brand new puppies, making them easier to integrate into a new home.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies For Sale in Texas
Armed with the right tools to find a breeder, the right puppy will be found in no time. To help with the process is the list of reputable breeders from Texas located below.
1. PuppySpot’s Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies For Texas
Since you’re searching for Cavalier King Charles breeders in Texas, we highly recommend visiting PuppySpot. There’s a reason why we recommend PuppySpot to our readers in search of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies.
If this is your first time hearing about PuppySpot, let us introduce you. PuppySpot is a dog marketplace where you can browse for available Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies from the comfort of your home in Texas.
All Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders with puppies listed on this website are strictly screened, so you can rest assured knowing that your puppy will be safely shipped to your home in Texas.
Before you continue on your search for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy for sale in Texas, check out the link to the marketplace below.
- Website: PuppySpot’s Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
- Phone Number: (866) 269-1056
2. Evesham Cavaliers
Located in San Antonio, Texas, Evesham Cavaliers produces small litters focused on the breed’s health, temperament, and beauty. A proud member of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, USA, and all regional clubs, this breeder’s journey started in 1999.
Following the strict code of ethics and standards set down by the AKC, all the puppies get an AKC and CKCSC registration. Then, following the rules of a reputable breeder, Evesham Cavaliers posts information concerning current puppy parents and testimonials.
In addition, their puppy page has a link to a questionnaire that is needed to start the waitlist process. The breeder welcomes future puppy owners to their homes and treats everyone like family, including the puppies in their care.
Evesham Cavaliers Details
- Website: Evesham Cavaliers
3. Mokido Cavaliers
Mokido Cavaliers is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas and is a short drive from Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Houston.
As an AKC Breeder of Merit, this Mokido Cavaliers is an active member of the AKC licensed Texas Kennel Club, Lone Star Obedience Club, and DFW Toy Dog Club.
Focusing on the puppies’ health, puppies raised by this breeder always feel like a part of the family. Taking part in various shows, Mokido Cavaliers has puppies available for sale sporadically and requires a puppy application to ensure the puppies go to good homes.
Puppies come with an AKC registration, veterinarian check-ups, health guarantee, shots, deworming, and a registered microchip. The breeder also prides themselves on providing puppies early socialization, getting them ready for a life with a new owner.
Mokido Cavaliers Details
- Website: Mokido Cavaliers
4. Hidden Creek Cavaliers
This breeder is in Weatherford, Texas, with AKC and CKCSC registered dogs. Puppies are sent to their forever homes with a limited AKC registration to show the willingness to keep up with the breed’s standard.
This breeder is also a proud member of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club. The website explains that puppies are loved like family members and get to go home with a health guarantee.
Puppies get early socialization, even with children, from the very beginning to ensure they are ready to go home to their forever families.
Hidden Creek Cavaliers provides further details about the breed and what is needed before the puppy makes it home. They are willing to provide any information puppy owners feel they need.
Hidden Creek Cavaliers Details
- Website: Hidden Creek Cavaliers
5. Suma Creek Cavaliers
Last on the list of Cavalier King Charles breeders in Texas is “Suma Creek Cavaliers.” Suma Creek Cavaliers is located in Bartonville, Texas, and has Cavalier parents with dual registration through the AKC and CKSCS.
Committed to breeding within the breed and AKC standards, their focus is on healthy and loving Cavaliers. As a reputable breeder, they have a limited number of litters every year, encouraging future owners to get on the waitlist.
Ensuring future owners are prepared for the dog they are about to bring home. The website works as a testimonial and a central spot for information. Detailing exactly what Cavaliers are like, an owner can make no mistake choosing the breed they’d like to bring into the family.
Suma Creek Cavaliers Details
- Website: Suma Creek Cavaliers
Conclusion For The “Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Texas”
Bringing home a brand-new puppy is an exciting time for any family, big or small. Finding a reputable breeder will make all the difference in the type of puppy that ends up coming home.
Reputable breeders focus on the health and temperament of the puppy, ensuring future litters display all the right traits of the breed. But, of course, this process is time-consuming, with a lot of patience necessary.
But, in the end, the patience of having to stay on a waitlist until another litter comes along is worth the result. A puppy bred by a reputable breeder will come home healthy and happy, ready to socialize and play, something that cannot be guaranteed through a puppy mill or store.
For more guides similar to this list of Cavalier King Charles breeders in Texas, you can check out:
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Ohio
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in New York
- Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Michigan
Before you purchase a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy from a breeder in Texas, you can learn more about the breed by watching “Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Pros and Cons – The Good And The Bad” down below: