If you are looking for Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana, this guide is for you. The Australian Shepherd is the perfect breed for people looking for a tough farm dog that is witty and has grit. It is a European breed, which eventually found its way to California. They are often found on rodeos and in places where herding is required.
As a result, they have a strong urge to herd and are very active dogs. Therefore, they might not be the dog if you have a sedentary lifestyle. The Australian Shepherd is known to be very intelligent and easy to train. Their coat can differ in color from white to brown or mottled patterns with contrasting blue and red.
Some excellent breeders in Indiana are doing their best to breed better and better Australian Shepherds with each generation to improve the breed. However, just like any industry, the dog breeding industry is also filled with people in it just for the money. These scam breeders do not hesitate to cut corners and break regulations to breed puppies in bulk to make a profit.
They keep puppies in deplorable conditions, but they also pay no attention to the health, training, and temperament building of the puppies. The result? Puppies suffer from a myriad of health and temperament issues. Therefore, it is necessary to find a reliable breeder.
Before scrolling down this list of Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Boston Terrier Breeders in Indiana and Best Yorkie Breeders in Indiana.
Australian Shepherd Puppies For Sale in Indiana
Here we have compiled a list of such authentic breeders offering Australian Shepherd puppies for sale in Indiana.
1. PuppySpot’s Australian Shepherds For Indiana
Since you’re searching for Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana, we recommend checking out PuppySpot’s online dog platform. PuppySpot is a trusted dog marketplace where you can search and find available Australian Shepherd puppies from the comfort of your home in Indiana.
Keep in mind that all Australian Shepherd breeders with puppies listed must go through a strict screening process, so you can rest assured knowing that your companion will be safely shipped to your home in Indiana. Before continuing your search for an Australian Shepherd puppy for sale in Indiana, you can check out the link to the marketplace below.
2. Our Lil Aussies
Our Lil Aussies are a small breeder of Toy and Miniature Australian Shepherds in Indiana. It follows rigorous breeding standards to preserve the authenticity of the Australian Shepherd breed. They breed red Australian Shepherds that have been selectively bred down to size. There is no other breed mixed in. Our Lil Aussies have received many awards from the American Stock Dog Registry (ASDR), including the Elite Award of Merit and Elite Award of Merit Kennel.
Our Lil Aussies is a home-based breeding facility that believes in giving a homely upbringing to their dogs. They are kept indoors and fed top-quality dog food. Our Lil Aussies are one of the few Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana that have their puppies registered with the American Stock Dog Registry.
Other important facts you should know about this breeder are:
- All dogs are DNA health tested for the full Australian Shepherd panel.
- Each dog born at Our Lil Aussies is given the training to receive the American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen certificate. So far, a few have received certificates as therapy dogs.
- They have a nursery room where the puppies spend the first four weeks of their life.
- In the nursery, there are whelping boxes where they are placed with their mother until they are four weeks old.
- At five to six weeks, they are shifted to the puppy room once they have started on dry dog food and have normal stools.
- Each dog receives an individual crate and litter box in the puppy room.
- They are given time to play outside in the fenced yard when weather permits.
- They are ready to leave at eight weeks and have had their vaccinations, including deworming medicine. They go to their forever home with a bag of food, health records, a contract, feeding information, potty and obedience training information.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit will hold the puppy in your name on a waiting list.
Our Lil Aussies Details
- Website: Our Lil Aussies
- Address: 5663 W 450 N, Crawfordsville, IN 47933
- Phone: (765) 418-0734
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Rockin D Aussies
Rockin D Aussies are Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana that produce a few litters of puppies a year. They breed AKC, ASCA registered puppies, and most of their adult dogs have health clearance.
Their goal is to breed Australian Shepherds that are healthy, friendly, and have a good temperament. They have great pictures of their puppies and adult dogs on their website, which will give you an idea of the size of the breed they are producing.
If you are interested in purchasing from Rockin D Aussies, then you should know the following:
- Some puppies are sold with no breeding rights and for companion use only. They do have puppies sold for show and breeding, but the cost of those is more.
- The price of the puppies varies from $800-$1200 for companion/non-breeding puppies, and show or breeding puppies can be as high as $1800-$2500.
- A deposit of $200 will need to be paid after the puppy is born.
- It does not cost anything to be put on a waiting list, but as soon as the litter arrives and if your name is on the list, you will be contacted and asked whether you want to place a deposit or not.
- All puppies are vet checked, vaccinated, and dewormed before going home.
- All puppies have a two-year health guarantee.
- Tails can be docked upon request.
- If you are not in the area, they can ship the puppy to you, but there will be an extra cost for the shipping cost, and you will need to contact the breeder to learn more.
To find out more about Rockin D Aussies Australian Shepherd puppies for sale in Indiana, you can contact them on the number and email address below.
Rockin D Aussies Details
- Website: Rockin D Aussies
- Address: 1390 E Simmons Raod, Madison IN 47250
- Phone: (812) 273-2912
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Rockin D Aussies’ Facebook
- Instagram: Rockin D Aussies’ Instagram
4. Heartland Aussies
Located in the north of Indiana, Heartland Aussies sits on a beautiful piece of farmland of five acres. A couple from the area owns the breeding facility. They started breeding Australian Shepherds back in 2016. They love raising dogs and believe that finding a good match for each puppy takes time and patience.
Heartland Aussies have Australian Shepherd puppies in Indiana for sale; you should check out their puppy application form. Here is what you need to know:
- They want you to read their puppy application form and ask yourself if you are ready for a new pet. Do you have the time and finances to care for your new pet? They may ask these questions when they contact you, so you should go over them.
- They have an entire page dedicated to a specific gene mutation that affects Australian Shepherds. This gene mutation can cause severe health repercussions in dogs if they have the gene and are given a specific medicine. The list of medications can be found on this page. The parent dogs of the puppies carry one or more of this gene, so you must be aware of it.
- If you are interested in purchasing from Heartland Aussies, you will need to place a $500 deposit to hold the puppy.
- The breeders will decide which puppy will go to which home.
- All puppies will be up to date on vaccinations and deworming medicine.
- The buyer must have the puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase for the health guarantee.
- There is a one-year congenital disability guarantee on the puppies sold.
Heartland Aussies Details
- Website: Heartland Aussies
- Address: Wakarusa Indiana
- Phone: (574) 238-9154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Heartland Aussies’ Facebook
5. Triple Threat Ranch
Triple Threat Ranch came into existence around 2003 and is located on a beautiful estate of 26 acres. The Triple Threat Ranch raises quarter horses and toy Australian Shepherds. Now they have two female Australian Shepherds for sale and are listed on the website.
All puppies are:
- ASDR registered
- Their tails have been docked
- Their dew claws have been removed
- They have had their first shots
- They have all been dewormed
- All puppies come with a one-year health guarantee
Triple Threat Ranch Details
- Website: Triple Threat Ranch
- Address: Otwell, IN 47564
- Phone: (812) 354-3469
- Email: email@example.com
Last on the list of the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana is “Wigglebutt.” Wigglebutt is a breeder in Indiana that prides itself on breeding diverse and versatile dogs. They breed miniature Australian Shepherds and are keen on participating in all of the dog shows.
They have experience in conformation, obedience, disc dog, herding, and agility. Wigglebutt is run through a partner family system, which widens their breeding pool. Visit their website to learn more about parent dogs, past puppies, and currently available litters.
What you should know if you purchase from Wigglebutt:
- They use a test and evaluation method to match puppies with families. They will not be able to confirm a match until the puppy is eight weeks.
- They use brain stimulation and clicker training to train their puppies.
- All puppies will be registered with AKC and UKC.
- Companion puppies are $2750, and they come with AKC registration, while breeding puppies are $2300, including DNA health clearance.
- They do not sell to breeders.
- To purchase, you will need to fill out an application, read the contract, contact the breeder and make a deposit.
If you are looking for quality puppies from Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana, then Wigglebutt is a great option.
- Website: Wigglebutt
- Address: Valparaiso, Indiana
- Phone: (219) 465-1624
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Wigglebutt’s Facebook
How to Choose Australian Shepherd Breeders in Indiana
If you are a first-time dog owner, then you must be able to spot a scammer from a legitimate breeder. Many breeders out there may appear to be legitimate but are not.
Here are a few tips that can help you determine the difference:
- A breeder that only wants to communicate via email and not phone or in person may not be a legitimate breeder.
- There are pictures on their website that you have seen on other sites; they may be using stock pictures.
- Non-secure payment methods are another red flag. Paying by credit card or Pay Pal is a better option if you want your money back.
- The price is too low or too high. If you do some market research beforehand, you will be able to determine the average price of the breed.
Conclusion For The “Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Indiana”
We have provided you with some great breeders that you can choose from in Indiana. If you are looking for a reliable, legitimate breeder, try them. Hopefully, you’ll be able to introduce an Australian Shepherd puppy into your home soon.
For more guides similar to this list of Australian Shepherd breeders in Indiana, you can check out:
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Oregon
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Maryland
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Virginia
Before you bring home an Australian Shepherd puppy from a breeder in Indiana, you can learn more about the breed by watching “10 Things Only Australian Shepherd Dog Owners Understand” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.