If you’re looking for the perfect dog for your home, why not consider getting an Alaskan Klee Kai? This rare breed looks like a smaller version of a Siberian Husky, making it ideal for people who don’t have room for large dog breeds.
Despite their rarity, you can find several breeders across the United States offering healthy Alaskan Klee Kai puppies if you’re interested in taking one home. We compiled this list of the top places to find Alaskan Klee Kai puppies for sale if you don’t have time to visit every corner of the country for the best dog.
Before you scroll down this list of breeders with Alaskan Klee Kai puppies in the United States, you can check out these other breeder recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Siberian Husky Breeders in the United States and Best Border Collie Breeders in the United States.
Alaskan Klee Klai Breeders in the United States
Our team at We Love Doodles compiled this list of the best breeders with Alaskan Klee Kai puppies in the United States for sale to save you time on your journey.
1. Regal Alaskan Klee Kai
First up on this list of the best breeders offering healthy Alaskan Klee Kai puppies is Regal Alaskan Klee Kai. Eliza Rataczak raises her puppies in a stable home environment with her children and cats to prepare them for life with their new families. Her breedable dogs have United Kennel Club registration and have health clearances for Factor VII Deficiency, a mild-to-moderate blood clotting disorder.
She also tests her dogs for sound temperaments and heart, eye, hip, and thyroid issues before producing litters. All Alaskan Klee Kai puppies go to their new home after eight weeks with up-to-date vaccinations and deworming, UKC registration, a puppy starter kit with a food sample, microchip registration, and a one-year genetic health guarantee.
Regal Alaskan Klee Kai Details
Next up on this list of the best breeders selling Alaskan Klee Kai puppies is Thurisia. You can find this breeder in Southern California. Breeder Jennifer Hsia prioritizes raising her puppies inside her home to get them accustomed to the sights and sounds they’ll encounter as family pets. Jennifer’s breedable sires and dams get tested for health issues, like dislocated kneecaps, before producing litters to ensure that the puppies are in top condition.
She also prioritizes providing quality nutrition for each potential mother during their heat and pregnancy periods. Her Alaskan Klee Kai puppies go to their new homes after spending ten weeks with their mother and littermates, thoroughly dewormed and vaccinated. They also have an 18-month health guarantee for congenital, life-threatening health problems. The average waiting time on her reservation list for interested applicants is between six to 18 months.
3. Kika’s Klee Kais
Another excellent breeder in Southern California you should consider reaching out to during your search for Alaskan Klee Kai puppies is Kika’s Klee Kais. Desarie Alvarado has been breeding quality Alaskan Klee Kai puppies for companionship and showmanship for over 16 years. She also worked as a Board Leader and President of the United Alaskan Klee Kai Association.
All puppies get socialized early and get accustomed to human touch. Their parents also undergo thorough health and temperament checks to ensure their best and healthiest qualities get passed down to their litters. Interested applicants can submit a $250 non-refundable deposit to get placed on Desarie’s waitlist.
The average wait time can last up to a year. The puppies get vaccinated, dewormed, and microchipped before going to their new owners after eight weeks. They also have registration from the UKC and American Rare Breed Association and a one-year genetic health guarantee. This health plan also includes 15-day coverage for infections.
Kika’s Klee Kais Details
4. Kurscha Alaskan Klee Kai
If you live in the Midwest, one of the best places to find Alaskan Klee Kai puppies for sale is Kurscha Alaskan Klee Kai. This small hobby breeder, operated by Stan and Donna Sager, breeds trainable and friendly dogs for families looking for the best puppy. The Sagers are also proud members of the Alaskan Klee Kai Association of America (AKKAA).
All their breedable dogs get tested for eye, knee, heart, thyroid, and other genetic health issues. These evaluations help the breeders select the best dogs for their breeding program. Once the puppies are ten weeks old, they go to their new homes with up-to-date puppy shots and a health certificate. They also have a one-year health guarantee for genetic defects.
Kurscha Alaskan Klee Kai Details
- Location: Delton, MI
- Website: Kurscha Alaskan Klee Kai
- Social Media: Kurscha Alaskan Klee Kai’s Facebook
- Email: [email protected]
5. Itzy Bitzy Huskies
You can find Itzy Bitzy Huskies in Park County. Lori and Gordy Stoltz have been breeding and raising their Alaskan Klee Kais since 2008. Their dogs have plenty of space to explore and play on a lush farm near the mountains. Like most reputable breeders, they monitor each dog’s temperament and health before using them for breeding or matching a puppy with a potential owner.
All puppies get vaccinated, dewormed, and microchipped before their new owners take them home. The price of each puppy depends on whether you pick them up from the breeder’s home, another location, or if you want them shipped. New owners need to keep in touch with the breeder about their puppy’s growth and temperament to ensure they’re in good health. Otherwise, they’ll need to return the puppy.
Itzy Bitzy Huskies Details
- Location: Powell, Wyoming
- Website: Itzy Bitzy Huskies
- Phone: (307) 254-2023
- Email: [email protected]
6. Sibridge Alaskan Klee Kai
Sibridge Alaskan Klee Kai is a small hobby breeder found north of Nashville. Sherry Nanney-Holloway prioritizes breeding healthy and happy puppies that meet breed standards to ensure long lives with their new families. She also breeds Russian Toys and is a dedicated member of the AKKAA.
She treats her dogs like a part of her family and prioritizes socialization and testing them for temperament and health issues. Eight-week-old puppies go to their new homes microchipped, vaccinated, and dewormed. They also get placed on a spay or neuter contract and have a one-year health guarantee. Sherry doesn’t offer shipping services for her puppies, so interested applicants must pick up their new puppies from her home.
Sibridge Alaskan Klee Kai Details
- Location: Goodlettsville, Tennessee
- Website: Sibridge Alaskan Klee Kai
- Phone: (615) 681-8125
- Email: [email protected]
7. Barkor’s Alaskan Klee Kai
If you’re having trouble finding a reputable breeder on the East Coast, consider reaching out to Korrine Falk, owner of Barkor’s Alaskan Klee Kai. She raises her puppies in her home to familiarize them with people and other dogs. Korrine’s dogs have clearances for Factor VII and get tested for heart, eye, thyroid, and knee issues.
Size-wise, she offers Standard and Miniature-size dogs. The puppies also get introduced to nail trimmings and baths. Eligible applicants can take their puppies home after eight weeks. They go home with a one-year health guarantee and 30 days of free Trupanion pet health insurance. The puppies also undergo a physical exam and receive up-to-date shots and deworming.
Barkor’s Alaskan Klee Kai Details
- Location: Jackson, New Jersey
- Website: Barkor’s Alaskan Klee Kai
- Phone: (732) 882-6634
- Email: [email protected]
Choosing an Alaskan Klee Kai Breeder in the United States
You’ll need to consider several things when choosing a reputable breeder offering Alaskan Klee Kai puppies for sale to ensure they have a safe and healthy upbringing. Keep some of these factors in mind when narrowing down your breeder options when conducting research online.
- The breeder has experience with the Alaskan Klee Kai dog breed: Breeders offering Alaskan Klee Kai puppies should have plenty of experience working with and raising the breed to ensure customers that they’ll get healthy puppies. Experienced breeders are a great information resource if you need insight for caring for this high-maintenance breed, such as common health issues or their exercise and grooming requirements. Consider reaching out to breeders with memberships to Alaskan Klee Kai-centric organizations, like the United Alaskan Klee Kai Association.
- Limited litters and waitlists: Consider contacting breeders who produce a limited number of litters yearly. Limited litter production lets the breeder focus on one litter at a time and give each puppy the attention they need. If breeders don’t have puppies available, they encourage interested buyers to apply for their waitlist. This waiting period can last a few weeks or months to a year.
- The breeder prioritizes the health of the Alaskan Klee Kai puppy: Reputable Alaskan Klee Kai breeders prioritize breeding litters that match breed standards set by the United Kennel Club (UKC) and other breed-centric organizations. These methods include evaluating their temperaments when selecting dogs for their breeding program and testing them for breed-specific health issues. Many breeders offer genetic health guarantees for their puppies. Like other dogs, Alaskan Klee Kais are generally healthy but prone to health issues. Some common health issues include factor VII deficiency, knee dislocation, heart murmurs, juvenile cataracts, autoimmune Thyroiditis, liver disease, and cryptorchidism.
- Breeding environment: Many reputable Alaskan Klee Kai breeders raise their dogs in their homes to protect them from outdoor diseases. Keeping the puppies indoors keeps them close to human contact, preparing them for life as family companions. If a breeder keeps their dogs and puppies in a kennel outside of their house, they keep it climate-controlled during the hottest and coldest months to help them stay comfortable.
- The breeder sells puppies at least eight weeks old: Responsible breeders keep their puppies with their littermates and mothers until they’re at least eight weeks old. During this period, the puppies socialize with others, get proper nutrition, and undergo bi-weekly deworming to keep them in top condition. If you see breeders selling their puppies if they’re six weeks or under, consider looking for a different option. They’re most likely a puppy mill offering underdeveloped puppies for sale.
- Pedigree guarantee: When purchasing a purebred puppy from a breeder, they need to provide you with information about their pedigree. A pedigree is essential for learning about what traits they inherited from their parents, including clearances for genetic health issues. Although some breeders might not have champion bloodlines, the average pedigree should have at least four or five generations. Pedigrees also help owners keep track of the dogs they breed to prevent inbreeding.
How Much Do Breeders Charge For Their Alaskan Klee Kai Puppies?
The average price for Alaskan Klee Kai puppies ranges between $2000 to $3000 and can vary from breeder to breeder. Several factors can determine the price of a puppy, such as its size, coat color, health, pedigree, eye color, breeder location, and breed popularity. Some breeders charge extra for shipping their puppies to interested applicants or meeting them at an airport.
Conclusion For “Alaskan Klee Kai Puppies”
Suppose you’re looking for breeders offering the healthiest Alaskan Klee Kai puppies and are having trouble finding the best ones that meet your needs. In that case, you can find several who’ll provide plenty of insight on how to keep them happy and healthy. We hope this list can help you simplify your search if you think you’re ready to introduce a new dog to your family.
For more guides similar to this list of breeders with Alaskan Klee Kai puppies in the United States for sale, you can check out these other guides from our team:
Before you bring home an Alaskan Klee Kai companion from a breeder in the United States, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “Alaskan Klee Kai Pros and Cons” down below: