Are you searching for the best dog rescues in Wyoming? If you’ve been longing for the presence of a dog in your home, you’ve come to the right place. There’s no better way to bring a four-legged companion home than to adopt it, and there are countless dog rescues in Wyoming where you can adopt one.
Adopting a dog from a rescue means giving a vulnerable and possibly abandoned creature a second chance at a life of love and security – an opportunity that every dog deserves. Dog rescues around the United States work tirelessly to save, rehabilitate, and rehome abandoned, neglected, and abused dogs to redeem the human race.
If required, each dog receives proper veterinary care and behavioral training before being sent off to its forever home. So, you do not need to worry about your future four-legged friend’s health and temperament-related problems. However, picking out a reliable rescue is challenging for some.
While many organizations work round the clock for animal welfare, others may neglect the health and well-being of the dogs under their care which may lead to health or behavioral issues. So, it’s necessary to choose the rescue you adopt from wisely.
Before you scroll further down this list of dog rescues in Wyoming, you can check out these other dog-related recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Maltipoo Breeders in Wyoming and Best Cockapoo Breeders in Wyoming.
Find a Dog Rescue Shelter Near Me in Wyoming
To help you choose a reliable dog rescue, we’ve compiled a list of Wyoming’s top 5 dog and puppy rescues. So, without further ado, let’s read on.
1. Happy Ending Animal Rescue
Located in Pinedale, Happy Ending Animal rescue is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit no-kill animal rescue and shelter dedicated to rescuing and rehoming animals around Sublette County. The organization is run by a team of dedicated volunteers that ensure the animals are well taken care of at the rescue and become members of families that provide them with all the care and love they have to offer.
To view the animals that are currently available for adoption, click here. If you find an animal you’d be interested in adopting, kickstart the adoption process by filling out an adoption application. All animals at the rescue are fully vaccinated, altered, and microchipped. So, you can be assured that you’ll get a healthy and happy puppy for your home!
The adoption fee is as follows:
- Puppies (6 months and under): $225
- Adult Dogs (6 months and over): $200
You can contact the rescue for more information regarding the adoption process through the contact details mentioned below:
Happy Ending Animal Rescue Details
- Address: Wyoming, United States
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (307) 360-6000
- Website: Happy Endings Animal Rescue
- Facebook: Happy Endings Animal Rescue’s Facebook
2. Black Dog Animal Rescue
Black Dog Animal Rescue is the largest dog rescue in Wyoming. The rescue aims to promote, provide, and advocate for the needs of all companion animals. The adoption program at the dog rehoming center is foster-based, meaning all the animals temporarily stay at foster homes until they find their permanent homes.
To adopt, you must be:
- 18 years of age
- Your current pets must have a rabies vaccination as per the local ordinance.
- You must be able to provide a current veterinary reference if you own other pets or have recently owned pets.
- You must provide a letter from your landlord authorizing the presence of pets on the premises if you live on a rented property.
- You cannot keep the adopted dog as an outdoor-only pet
- You must be considered a good match for the pet in question as determined by the adoption counselors
Every animal at the rescue has received its age-appropriate vaccination, is microchipped, includes a free first vet exam, and 30 free days of pet health insurance. To view the dogs currently up for adoption, click here.
Click on the dog’s profile you’re interested in adopting to fill out an adoption application and begin the adoption process. If you do not get a confirmation stating your application has been received within 72 hours of submission, email the rescue.
Black Dog Animal Rescue Details
- Address: Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: (307) 514-4024
- Website: Black Dog Animal Rescue
- Facebook: Black Dog Animal Rescue’s Facebook
3. Animal Adoption Center
Founded in 2004, the Animal Adoption Center is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that rescues animals from kill shelters, abandonment, regional shelters, cases of neglect, and more to place them in loving, forever homes.
The Animal Adoption Center is counted among the top big and small dog rescues in Wyoming because of its dedication to rehabilitating all dog breeds without discrimination. To view the dogs currently available for adoption, click here. To adopt, you will be required to fill out an adoption application.
The rescue requires potential adopters to foster the dog for at least one night before adoption. The adoption application will be reviewed before you foster the animal. Once you’ve fostered the dog for a few nights, the rescue will ask for an adoption decision.
If you decide to adopt the dog, you can finalize the adoption process by paying the adoption fee, signing an adoption agreement, and completing the transfer of records and microchip to your name. The dog adoption fee is $250 and includes spaying/neutering, microchipping, and vaccinations.
Animal Adoption Center Details
- Address: Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (307) 739-1881
- Website: Animal Adoption Center
- Facebook: Animal Adoption Center’s Facebook
4. Dog and Cat Shelter
One of the best pet rescues in Wyoming – Dog and Cat Shelter is a dog rescue that has been around for decades. This dog rehoming shelter has worked round the clock to save and rehabilitate countless animals in need and also worked for the welfare of other animals.
Every animal under the care of the rescue is spayed/neutered, up-to-date on its vaccinations, microchipped and examined by a veterinarian. To view the animals currently up for adoption, click here.
However, to adopt, you must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Be able to provide proof of home ownership
- Have the consent of your landlord to own a pet if renting
- Provide vaccination proof of current pets that you own
To begin the adoption process, click on the individual dog’s profile you’re interested in adopting and fill out the adoption application by clicking on the “Apply to Adopt” option.
If you own another dog, a meet and greet with your other pet may be arranged at the shelter with the dog you’re interested in adopting. You can ask the staff member assisting you with your adoption process for further information on the meet and greet process.
Dog Rescue Details
- Address: 84 East Ridge Road, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Postcode: 82801
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: (307) 674-7694
- Website: Dog and Cat Shelter
- Facebook: Dog & Cat Shelter, Inc.’s Facebook
5. St. Francis Animal Shelter
Last on our list of the top 5 dog rescues in Wyoming is the St. Francis Animal Shelter. Founded in 1997, it is a no-kill shelter providing care for more than 500 animals annually, along with low-cost vaccines, microchipping, and spay/neuter clinics.
To view the dogs currently available for adoption, click here. You can also choose to visit the shelter in-person to view the animals. If you find a dog you’re interested in welcoming home, fill out an adoption application. You can also pick up an application by visiting the rescue in person.
Once the shelter’s rescue committee has approved you, you must sign an adoption agreement and take your four-legged BFF home! You can contact the rescue for more information regarding the adoption process, including the adoption fee, through the contact details mentioned below.
Dog Rescue Details
- Address: 109 Flariton Dr, Buffalo, Wyoming
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (307) 684-1738
- Website: St. Francis Animal Shelter
- Facebook: St. Francis Animal Shelter’s Facebook
How to Choose Dog Rescues in Wyoming
If you find it difficult to shortlist a rescue, here are some factors we strongly recommend looking out for in a reputable dog rescue:
- Prioritizes the health and well-being of the animals: A reputable rescue will always ensure the animals under its care remain healthy and fit. Therefore, ensure the rescue vaccinates, deworms, and spays/neuters all animals under its care.
- Selection process: A rescue that takes time to get to know potential adopters, conducts interviews, and home visits usually have its priorities straight. These steps display the rescue’s commitment to ensuring the animal they’ve raised is moved to a home that can keep up with its lifestyle and temperament.
- Reputation: Look for a breeder who has a good reputation and is known to raise healthy, well-mannered puppies. You can also do your research by reading testimonials from previous adopters or reading social media reviews online.
Conclusion For The “Best Dog Rescues in Wyoming”
If you’re open to adopting a dog and are not looking for a specific breed, you must have found this guide helpful. Wyoming has many dog rescues that save and rehome all kinds of dogs. This article mentions 5 of the best rescues among these.
These welfare organizations keep the health and well-being of the dogs under their care as a top priority. So, you do not need to be concerned for the dog you bring home’s mental and physical health. We hope you find our carefully picked list of rescues helpful and offer your four-legged BFF all the love and care you have to offer!
For more guides similar to this list of dog rescues in Wyoming, you can check out these other dog-related recommendations from our team:
Before you adopt a companion from a rescue shelter in Wyoming, you can learn more about raising a dog by watching “Everything You Need to Know About Raising a Puppy” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.