Are you a pet owner looking for the best dog groomers in Reno to give your beloved dog some good old TLC? Well, then you’ve stumbled upon the perfect article. Today, we’re coming at you with the very best in Reno and all they have to offer for your puppy.
We’ve looked around, and these are the very best dog groomers in Reno. They have a diverse range of services, affordable prices, great staff, and many good reviews. To find out more about these groomers, keep on reading.
Find a Dog Groomer Near Me in Reno
Let us remind you that we looked around quite a bit, and these are the salons that stood out for us. We’ve only listed a few to keep things short and sweet.
1. Canine Design Midtown
Our first on the list of best dog groomers in Reno is Canine Design Midtown. This full-service dog grooming salon is known to be one of the best in Reno and has loyal customers who have been coming here for years. The salon’s mission is to create a loving and caring environment for its furry clients and make them leave the salon clean and happy.
They have expert groomers working within the establishment to achieve this mission. You can get some grooming services at this salon and make appointments beforehand. If you check out their website, you can glance at what the clients of Canine Design Midtown have to say about their staff and their services.
Their grooming services include shampooing and bathing, haircuts or trims, nail trimming, ear cleaning, gland expressions, and skin or coat treatments. The prices will differ from dog to dog, so visiting them before the session can be a good idea.
Canine Design Midtown Details
- Location: 145 Hillcrest Dr., Suite G, Reno, NV
- Website: Canine Design Midtown
- Phone Number: (775) 826-2525
2. Animal Oasis Reno
The next contender in the best dog groomers in Reno is Animal Oasis Reno. The business offers grooming services as well as dog daycare. They have two locations within Reno and are known for their experienced and caring staff. They promise to create a peaceful and stress-free environment where the dogs can relax and enjoy their grooming session.
They also have a rigorous process when taking in a new furry client. You’ll have to submit all the vaccination cards and fill out their client application form before you can take your puppy to this salon. You can also get boarding services at the Animal Oasis Reno salon with daycare services.
They are known to have a very well-trained and experienced staff who can handle different breeds and sizes of dogs. Their grooming services include nail trimming, hair drying, brushing, bathing, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, gland expressions, and much more. Also, it’s nice to note that they are also known to take good care of dogs who may be anxious or scared.
Animal Oasis Reno Details
- Location: 1855 East Peckham Lane, Reno, NV 89502
- Website: Animal Oasis Reno
- Phone Number: (775) 826-9911
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fantasia Pet Resort
The next pick among the best dog groomers in Reno is the Fantasia Pet Resort. This is one of Reno’s most famous pet grooming salons and has been serving loyal clients for quite some time now. This salon has two locations in Reno, so residents can choose whichever is closest.
The salon offers dog daycare, boarding, and even a shuttle service between their two locations. Not to mention, they also have the best dog grooming services for their furry clients. They have a staff who is well-trained in the art of dog grooming and has years of experience in the field.
They are known to be adept at handling different types and breeds of dogs without any hassle. Some grooming services you can get in this salon include bathing, nail trimming, ear cleaning, de-shedding, gland expressions, haircuts, and much more.
Fantasia Pet Resort Details
- Location: 6340 North Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89506
- Website: Fantasia Pet Resort
- Phone Number: (775) 322-1199
- Email: email@example.com
4. Kristi’s Pet Grooming
Last on the list of the best dog groomers in Reno is “Kristi’s Pet Grooming.” This salon has one of the most experienced staff on the list, with over 30 years of pet grooming experience. They promise to create a friendly atmosphere for their furry clients and to give them a pampering session they’ll just love.
Their staff is also very serious about building bonds with the pets as they progress through the grooming session. They have a wide range of services available for both dogs and cats. They also give their clients flexible hours to set their grooming appointments.
Furthermore, unlike many salons, dogs are left traumatized. They do not use any tranquilizers in their sessions. Their main services are split into grooming, bathing, and nail trimming packages. You can expect to get bathing, nail trimming, ear cleaning, and much more.
Kristi’s Pet Grooming Details
- Location: 3689 Kings Row Reno, NV, US 89503
- Website: Kristi’s Pet Grooming
- Phone Number: (775) 221-5460
Well, that’s all from us for the best dog groomers in Reno. But, as we mentioned above, there are many more groomers out there who you may want to check out as well before making the pick.
Questions to Ask a Dog Groomer From Reno
Before dropping off your pet at the grooming session, consider asking the groomer all the queries and questions you have about the session. It’s good to be as thorough as possible with these since it’s your pet on the line.
If you are sure about what questions to ask, we’ve rounded up some of the commonly asked questions to help get you started:
- Do you have any prior experience with my breed of dog?
- Where will my dog wait for the session?
- Can I take a look around the facility?
- What certification do you have?
- How will you handle my dog if they get anxious or scared?
- Will my dog get bathroom breaks during the session?
Feel free to add more questions as you go. You can even add specific questions about your and your dog’s needs.
Related: Do Groomers Sedate Dogs?
Additional Tips When Choosing a Dog Groomer in Reno
Other than asking the groomer some questions, you can also follow these simple tips that we have mentioned when choosing a groomer.
- Booking an appointment: You can show up at a salon and have a walk-in appointment, but it would be a better idea to book an appointment beforehand. The salon might be packed already, and you might not get a walk-in session. You can also use this time to ask the groomer some of the questions mentioned above.
- Checking the facility: This one is super important. Unclean and unhygienic salons can lead to your dog catching diseases, and you don’t want that. So, check the facility before dropping off your best bud and check their tools and equipment. Everything should be clean and safe to use on your pet.
- Compare the prices: Some salons charge ridiculously high prices for services they claim to be premium. But, often, these services are basic and can be found at other salons at a fraction of the price. Steer clear of these so-called premium salons and compare the price packages of many salons before landing on one.
- Checking reviews: Another important tip is to check good reviews and recommendations. These can both be online and offline reviews. For online reviews, you can check the Facebook page of the salon, Yelp reviews, or Google reviews. For offline, ask around between family and friends.
Related: Will Groomers Take Dogs with Fleas?
Conclusion For The “Best Dog Groomers in Reno”
All in all, choosing the right dog groomer is a very difficult task. You have to take a lot of things into account and make a good choice for you and your pet. Remember to always consider your dog’s specific needs before settling on a groomer.
They need to feel happy and pampered in the session, so, at the end of the day, that’ll be all that matters. Explore our list of the best dog groomers in Reno above and do some research if you want.
For more guides similar to this list of dog groomers in Reno, you can check out:
Before you bring your dog to a groomer in Reno, you can learn more about the costs by watching “Cost of Dog Grooming Services” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.