If you’re searching for the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa, you’ve come to the right place. The Australian Shepherd is one of the most popular breeds of purebred dogs. This is because they are intelligent and easy to train. Also, their easy-going nature and active lifestyle make them great family pets.
So, if you’re looking to introduce one into your home, congrats. However, finding high-quality Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa can be a real pain. Because of their popularity and high demand, there are plenty of puppy mills whose primary objective is financial gain.
Before scrolling down this list of Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa, you can check out these other recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Husky Breeders in Iowa and Best Beagle Breeders in Iowa.
Australian Shepherd Puppies For Sale in Iowa
Our dog breeders’ information is the most detailed and comprehensive. This list of the top seven Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa will help you find reputable breeders in your neighborhood.
1. PuppySpot’s Australian Shepherds For Iowa
Since you’re searching for Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa, we highly recommend checking out PuppySpot’s online platform. PuppySpot is an incredibly reputable dog marketplace where users can browse for available Australian Shepherd puppies right from the comfort of their homes in Iowa.
It would be best if you kept in mind that all Australian Shepherd breeders with listed puppies must go through a screening process, so you can rest assured knowing that your companion will be safely shipped to your home in Iowa. Before continuing on your journey for an Australian Shepherd puppy for sale in Iowa, check out the link to PuppySpot’s marketplace below.
2. Jackson Family Aussies
Jackson Family Aussies have had a longtime ambition of breeding Australian Shepherds in Iowa. Its mission is to deliver the most active, happy, and healthy puppies possible. “Jackson Family Aussies” is owned by Sarah Jackson. The whole family contributes to the upbringing of the puppies at their house.
They’ve been breeding Aussies for the last eight years. The Australians are a part of their daily lives. Every puppy you buy from this kennel comes with a veterinarian certificate of health and genetic testing reports. You also get a 2-year genetic health guarantee, up-to-date vaccines, and de-wormers. Visit their Good Dog profile to apply for adoption.
Jackson Family Aussies Details
- Website: Jackson Family Aussies
- Location: Waukon, Iowa
- Phone Number: (563) 794-0662
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Jackson Family Aussies
3. TAGA Aussies and Nutrition
TAGA Aussies and Nutrition focus on conformation, intellect, athleticism, and loyalty while breeding Aussies for quality and temperament. They are committed to providing you with excellent, healthy dogs for your family.
Toni Robbins, the owner of TAGA Aussies and Nutrition, has raised Australian Shepherd puppies for sale in Iowa for more than 11 years. They’re licensed and inspected by the State of Iowa, the AKC, and the USDA. Quality is something Tony doesn’t compromise on.
With every puppy, you get a 7-year health guarantee (with their dietary plan), a toy and blanket with the mother’s smell, health exam and documentation, up-to-date vaccination, deworming information, and a beautiful reusable bag. Apply to the breeder through Good Dog to adopt from TAGA.
TAGA Aussies and Nutrition Details
- Website: TAGA Aussies and Nutrition
- Location: Coon Rapids, Iowa
- Phone Number: (401) 648-7387
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: TAGA Aussies and Nutrition’s Facebook
4. Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds LLC
Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds aims to nurture puppies utilizing puppy culture and train them for therapy or service work in the future. They are committed to breeding dogs with great personalities and the enthusiasm to work.
Michele Cliff and her husband own and operate Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds. They picked this breed because of its adaptability. They develop dogs who are well-rounded for companionship, work, or sports.
The puppies here are microchipped, brought up-to-date on immunizations and worming, and verified by a certified vet health check. They also come with a week’s supply of chow, a toy, and more when they leave the kennel to go to your home. Visit their Good Dog profile for availability and apply to the breeder.
Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds LLC Details
- Website: Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds LLC
- Location: West Union, Iowa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Boundless Hearts Australian Shepherds LLC’s Facebook
5. S&D Kennels
S&D Kennels is known for producing high-quality Mini Australian Shepherd puppies in Iowa for loving homes. They have 20 years of experience. This kennel is situated in the Midwest, about an hour from the Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota borders. Scott and Dena manage the S&D Kennels breeding program. They have a small kennel that they own.
Their breeding dogs are their pets and will always have a special place in their hearts. Their little Australian Shepherds are well-rounded, intelligent, kind to children, and attractive. Moreover, they are also well-socialized, healthy, and happy, with lovely low-shedding coats. They come with a one-year health warranty, a microchip, immunization, and deworming records.
S&D Kennels Details
- Website: S&D Kennels
- Location: 31696 C16, Le Mars, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 540-9596
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: S&D Kennels’ Facebook
6. Kutabays Cattery and Kennel
Kutabays Cattery and Kennel is another breeder of Australian Shepherd puppies in Iowa. They are committed to raising standard-size, high-quality, happy, and healthy Aussie puppies that make wonderful family companions. Kutabays Cattery and Kennel have always been dedicated to creating clever, caring, loyal, and attractive Aussies.
They have been raising this breed for nearly 20 years now. Breeders ensure that you have a delightful and cuddly friend who is an excellent match for you. Kutabays take extra special care of all their dogs and puppies and adore them. Check their website for information on available puppies and the adoption process.
Kutabays Cattery and Kennel Details
- Website: Kutabays Cattery And Kennel
- Location: 40 minutes East of Des Moines, Iowa
- Phone Number: (319) 429-0858
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Kutabays Cattery and Kennel’s Instagram
7. Nmn Kennels
Nmn Kennels has been breeding Australian Shepherd puppies in Iowa for their working skills, agility, fly ball, dock diving, conformation, and all-around wonderful family dogs since 2005. Nina Cooper is the owner of Nmn Kennels. She exposes her puppies to everything possible, including children, dogs, cats, and other animals.
She thoroughly prepares the puppies for their new surroundings. The puppy packages of Nmn Kennels include AKC registration, littermates and mom’s scent blanket, a certificate of health, a food starter bag, a puppy collar and leash, a starter kit, and a carrier bag. Besides, the Aussie Shepherd puppy comes microchipped and vaccinated.
Nmn Kennels Details
- Website: Nmn Kennels
- Location: Chariton, Iowa
- Phone Number: (641) 203-9293
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Nmn Kennels’ Facebook
8. Five Island Aussies
Last on the list of the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa is Five Island Aussies. Johny Hurley, the face behind this kennel, has been breeding since 2012. She raises happy, healthy, and well-socialized Australian Sheperd puppies in Iowa in her own home. This kennel exposes the puppies to new experiences, scents, and sounds within and outside the house.
Puppies are also potty trained early, and they don’t leave the kennel until they’re eight weeks old. A one-year health guarantee against hereditary illnesses is included with every puppy. Besides that, AKC registration, a food starter bag, vaccinations, littermates’ scent toy, mom’s scent toy, and a health certificate are all included in the price of the puppies. Apply for adoption from their Good Dog profile.
Five Island Aussies Details
- Website: Five Island Aussies
- Location: Curlew, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 480-2354
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Five Island Aussies’ Facebook
How To Choose Australian Shepherd Breeders in Iowa?
Consider the following to ensure that Australian Shepherd puppies for sale in Iowa are reputable and worth buying from.
- Hobby Breeder: Hobby breeders are serious about their work. They don’t do it for money only, and they readily answer queries regarding the breed standard, temperament, health issues, and genetic patterns.
- Proper Registration: A breeder willing to register their puppies with the American Kennel Club (AKC) will have all their paperwork in order. When you buy a puppy, they should provide you with these records.
- Puppy Parents: Breeders who care about their pets will let you visit the parents before buying a puppy. This will give you a sense of how your puppy will appear and act as they grow older.
- Living Condition: Look for kennels that are tidy and have gated yards. Healthy kennel dogs create healthy puppies, and when they’re nurtured with care, you can easily care for them.
- Quality, Not Quantity: Be wary of breeders that have many puppies available all the time. You should expect to be placed on a waiting list to be considered for a puppy from a reputable breeder since demand typically outnumbers supply.
- Application Form: Reputable breeders that employ an application procedure are more concerned with who takes their puppies home and are ready to turn down candidates who do not fulfill their requirements.
- Specialized Breeder: Breeders that focus on a particular breed are more committed to the breed standard, health concerns, and genetics. Though this isn’t always the case, selecting a breeder specializing in a specific breed may provide superior outcomes.
More Information About Australian Shepherd Breeders From Iowa
Finding authentic breeders of Australian Shepherd puppies in Iowa might be tricky if you don’t have enough experience with pets. Our list of the seven best Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa provides you with info about kennels that have a track record of success in the business.
Take the time to learn about the dog breed you want to adopt, and be wary of con artists that claim to have purebred canines. Also, make sure you get the puppies’ and parents’ documents.
Please bear in mind that although our research was comprehensive, we cannot personally vouch for any of the breeders listed. Please make sure you properly investigate them to ensure trustworthy, ethical, and rear healthy, happy puppies.
Conclusion For The “Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Iowa”
Overall, our list of the best Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa should help you narrow down your search for a breeder who doesn’t just breed exemplary dogs but will also effectively communicate and help you understand the breed.
On top of that, they’ll be responsive to your concerns and help keep you updated. The best advice we can give you is to do your research and find the breeder that feels right and then enjoy. You’ve found yourself a new best friend.
For more guides similar to this list of Australian Shepherd breeders in Iowa, you can check out:
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Kentucky
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Alabama
- Best Australian Shepherd Breeders in Oklahoma
Before you bring home an Australian Shepherd puppy from a breeder in Iowa, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “10 Things Only Australian Shepherd Dog Owners Understand” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.