Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best Vizsla breeders in Iowa. “If you own a Vizsla, it lives on top of your head.” It is an ancient saying that comes from Hungary, where Vizslas originated. Vizslas crave attention and don’t want to live far from their human companions.
If activeness, enthusiasm, and energy are the words you would use to describe your lifestyle, you have chosen the right dog breed. Vizslas belong to the hunting group and are an AKC-recognized breed that will require much exercise each day.
Vizsla Puppies For Sale in Iowa
This dog guide will tell you about the best Vizsla breeders in Iowa and help you choose the right one.
1. Jackpot Vizslas
Jackpot Vizslas are probably the best place to get one of the Vizsla puppies in Iowa. They offer an irresistible three-year health guarantee against any fatal genetic disorder of your Vizsla puppy. Julie and Jeff are the primary breeders of this kennel who share an innate love for the breed.
They have been raising Vizsla puppies for more than twenty years and are passionate about this athletic breed. Their puppies come with AKC registration, age-appropriate vaccines, complete deworming treatments, removed dewclaws, and docked tails.
Further, the breeder also sends a sample of their current dog food. They also ship, in case you are not Iowa-based. Further, you can reserve your Vizsla puppy by paying $500 upfront (non-refundable).
Jackpot Vizslas Details
- Website: Jackpot Vizslas
- Location: Hull, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 395-1390
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Jackpot Vizslas’ Facebook
2. Leusink Vizslas
This kennel is a family-owned and family-run business in Iowa by the Leusink family. They are a lovely couple who live with their four children and breed Vizsla puppies in Iowa. Aaron and April are the lead breeders while their kids help Vizsla puppies with socialization.
With their 20+ years of experience raising dogs and breeding quality Vizslas, they have garnered a good image on social media and earned many repeat customers.
The breeder provides a two-year health guarantee and AKC registration on their puppies. Moreover, your Vizsla puppy receives age-appropriate vaccines and gets dewormed and declawed before leaving for their fur-ever homes.
Leusink Vizslas Details
- Website: Leusink Vizslas
- Location: Le Mars, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 541-2512 (Aaron) and (712) 540-9583 (April)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Leusink Vizslas
3. Big Creek Vizslas
Big Creek Vizslas is another kennel you should check out if you are looking for Vizsla puppies for sale in Iowa. They are a family of Vizsla lovers who have been breeding Vizsla puppies since 2006. Big Creek Vizslas were founded by Heather, the primary breeder of the kennel.
She has been raising healthy and well-tempered Vizslas along with her family. Their puppies are well-socialized and raised like family members, with humane treatment. Further, their Vizsla puppies come with AKC registration, and you can reserve them for a minimal fee of $200.
Big Creek Vizslas Details
- Location: 2596 Iowa Avenue, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Phone Number: (319) 217-0531
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Big Creek Vizslas’ Facebook
- Instagram: Big Creek Vizslas’ Instagram
David and Leann Schemmel are the leading breeders of the kennel, Vizslaville. It is a family-run business, so the puppies are raised in a home environment where they interact with kids. Their Vizsla puppies are of good temperament and conformation and ready to excel in hunting.
When you buy a Vizsla puppy from them, they come with AKC registration, docked tails, age-appropriate vaccines, and dewormed (two to three times). But the best part?
You can reserve your puppy just for $100. However, keep in mind that the breeders are mindful about placing their puppies in loving and caring homes. You can expect some questions about yourself and your lifestyle.
- Website: Vizslaville
- Location: Moville, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 870-1964 and (712) 870-1974 (David)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Schaben Vizslas
Schaben Vizslas is another family kennel owned and run by the Shaben family. This breeder raises Vizsla dogs as their family members. Their in-house staff – family members – help their Vizsla puppies with early socialization.
Further, they actively participate in AKC Hunting Tests to help puppies become trainable and comfortable around other animals. This kennel produces one to two litters every year, so ensure you contact them when you decide about getting your Vizsla puppy from them.
Schaben Vizslas Details
- Website: Schaben Vizslas
- Location: Defiance, Iowa
- Phone Number: (712) 579-3033, (712) 579-5269, (712) 579-5268, and (712) 579-8904
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Schaben Vizslas’ Facebook
- Instagram: Schaben Vizslas’ Instagram
- YouTube: Schaben Vizslas’ YouTube
6. Sure Shot Vizslas
If you are looking for Vizsla puppies for sale in Iowa, you might want to try Sure Shot Vizslas. They give a 10% discount if you have served the country because their kids have done the same. The kennel is run by a large family which involves six adults with an innate passion for hunting and dogs.
They are new to breeding Vizslas puppies. However, the breeder has received AKC’s Breeder of Merit with another breed. If you want a breeder with more experience in Vizsla-breeding, you can skip this kennel.
Their puppies grow up with family members and receive immense love and care. The breeder is focused on placing their puppies in homes where they’ll receive the same affection in the family.
Sure Shot Vizslas Details
- Website: Sure Shot Vizslas
- Location: Le Mars, Iowa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Sure Shot Vizslas’ Facebook
- Instagram: Sure Shot Vizslas’ Instagram
- YouTube: Sure Shot Vizslas’ YouTube
7. Prairie Ridge Vizslas
Last on the list of the best Vizsla breeders in Iowa is Prairie Ridge Vizslas. However, this breeder is not Iowa-based but lives in the neighboring state of Kansas. Mitch (who works in manufacturing as a welder) and Cindy Staatz (an elementary school teacher) are the owners and leading breeders behind this kennel.
Their facility is air-conditioned and equipped with every amenity to make the life of Vizsla puppies and their dog-parents comfortable. Before taking your Vizsla puppy home, you get an AKC complete application and microchip installed in your puppy.
Moreover, they come with docked tails, dewclaws removed, dewormed, and vaccinated with age-appropriate shots. Though they might not be precisely in Iowa, you should contact and check them. They have years of experience in breeding with excellent overall ratings on Facebook.
Schaben Vizslas Details
- Website: Prairie Ridge Vizslas
- Location: Near Chapman, Kansas (neighboring state of Iowa)
- Phone Number: (785) 263-8467
- Email: email@example.com
- Social Media: Schaben Vizslas
How to Choose a Vizsla Breeder in Iowa
We have always said, “owning a pet is both a privilege and responsibility.” To fulfill your responsibility toward your Vizsla puppy, you must get them from a breeder who feels the same. Choosing a breeder should never be done in haste; always research before finalizing a breeder.
Here are a few things you should do:
- Do proper research on Vizslas: You’ll inevitably fall for the charm of Vizslas. We see them, and immediately, we want them. But before you go out hunting breeders, we insist you research the breed itself. Your research and knowledge about this beautiful breed will help you choose the right breeder for you.
- Search Google or other search engines for information: It’s the 21st century, and Google seems to know everything…well, not everything. However, you can get many leads on the breeders with extensive searching on Google. However, we have made this list if you want to save time.
- Don’t forget your friends: Charity begins at home. And you shouldn’t hesitate to ask your dog-savvy friend if he knows any breeder for Vizslas.
- Ask the Vizsla breeders questions and observe: When you have shortlisted a few breeders, start visiting their property to learn about their breeding practices and standards. Be sure to ask questions and observe their body language when you are there. If they feel irritated or give unenthusiastic answers or the puppies seem afraid around them, they may not be the reputable breeder you’re looking for.
More Information About Vizsla in Iowa
Our research team has hunted down the entire Internet jungle to present you with this list of seven Vizsla breeders in Iowa. However, one breeder is not in Iowa but from the neighboring state.
While researching them, we have weighed several breeders on metrics to ensure you only get the best leads. Further, we have also included the website, email, phone number, and available social media handles for these breeders.
Conclusion For The “Vizsla Breeders in Iowa”
You know that Vizslas demand outdoor activities and plenty of exercises each day. Their rustic, red-coat skin and their slender body shape set them apart in the crowd.
When buying a Vizsla puppy from any breeders from our list for Iowa, you are purchasing a companion dog who would love to go jogging, hiking, or walking with you. We are confident this list will help you find the right breeder, and you’d be taking your Vizsla puppy home soon.
For more guides similar to this list of Vizsla breeders in Iowa, you can check out:
Before you bring home a Vizsla puppy from a breeder in Iowa, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “Vizsla Dog Breed – What to Know” down below:
Andy is a full-time animal rescuer and owner of a toy doodle. When he’s not saving dogs, Andy is one of our core writers and editors. He has been writing about dogs for over a decade. Andy joined our team because he believes that words are powerful tools that can change a dog’s life for the better.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.