If you are looking for Great Dane rescues in Arizona, you have come to the right place. We have a great list of trustworthy rescues in Arizona that you can contact to find your new pet. Great Danes are majestic big-breed dogs that are friendly and can adjust quickly to any environment.
Their stature and size make them intimidating, but they are soft fluffballs who love to play and cuddle with their owners. They are naturally inclined to protect the home, and their size makes them good guard dogs. But don’t be mistaken, Great Danes are also very friendly and good with other pets. Their coat comes in different colors, of which the multi-patterned patchwork Harqluien pattern is the most famous.
They are recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and can grow as tall as 32 inches. Although a versatile breed, Great Danes owners have to bear many responsibilities and costs that may not be associated with other dogs – their health, food consumption, and grooming are a few important factors.
Therefore, you must get all the information about the average monthly expense of a Great Dane before committing to adopting one. However, if you love dogs and are particularly fond of Great Danes, nothing can be more enjoyable and pleasing than coming home to this big bundle of joy. So let us look at some great pet rescues in Arizona that house Great Danes for adoption.
Before you scroll down this list of Great Dane rescues in Arizona, you can check out these other rescue shelter recommendations from our team at We Love Doodles: Best Schnauzer Rescues in Arizona and Best Pug Rescues in Arizona.
Find a Great Dane Rescue Shelter Near Me in Arizona
Our team at We Love Doodles compiled this list of the best Great Dane rescues in Arizona to save you time on your search.
1. Dane Heaven Inc.
Dane Heaven Inc. is one of Arizona’s few Great Dane rescues specializing in rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming Great Danes. They are located in Prescott Valley and run by a group of dedicated volunteers committed to helping abandoned Great Danes.
These volunteers, in addition to generous donations, help run the facility. Adoption fees are also used for day-to-day expenditure. When you adopt from a rescue like Dane Heaven Inc., you know that your money is going towards the betterment of Great Danes in the community.
Donations are used to medically treat the rescues, spay/neuter, food and supplies, and other needs of the dogs. They believe in leading by example and working towards educating the community about how they can contribute to caring for abandoned dogs.
If you are interested in adopting from Dane Heaven Inc., then you should know the following:
- You can look at their website to see which Great Danes are available for adoption.
- All other animals in the home must be spayed or neutered. The rescue will call your vet to confirm this.
- All your dogs and cats must be up to date with all vaccinations.
- You must own the property that you live in, and the rescue will check property records to confirm this.
- The adoption process takes one to three weeks and cannot be rushed.
- A home inspection will be done to make sure the home is safe for the animal.
- Once you have chosen a dog and the adoption process progresses, you will be asked to meet the dog at the foster facility.
- After your first meeting, your second meeting will be when the dog is brought to your home.
- All Great Dane rescues will only be kept inside the home and not outside or used as guard dogs.
- All yards must be fenced in.
- No dogs will be given for adoption to families who have children under the age of 5.
- The adoption fee, on average, is $475.
Dane Heaven Inc. Details
- Website: Dane Heaven Inc.
- Address: 27061, Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Dane Heaven Inc.’s Facebook
2. Regal Dane Rescue
Regal Dane Rescue specializes in big dog rescues in Arizona, like Great Danes. They are located in Glendale and only serve the Arizona and New Mexico areas. If you live outside of this region, you must try another rescue. The rescue does its best to ensure they match the right dog with the right family. They encourage prospective families to learn as much as possible about the Great Dane breed before adopting one.
If you are interested in adopting a Great Dane from Regal Dane Rescue, then you should know the following:
- They require you to fill out an adoption processing form.
- Your form will require you to provide references.
- After your references have been checked, you will be contacted by a representative.
- You will be scheduled to meet the dog at the foster family’s home. Here you and all family members will be required to be present.
- If you feel the dog is not a good fit for you and your family, you can begin the process again.
Regal Dane Rescue Details
- Website: Regal Dane Rescue
- Address: 4410 W. Union Hills Drive, Suite 7-187, Glendale, Arizona
- Phone: (602) 491-7358
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Regal Dane Rescue’s Facebook
3. Great Dane Rescue of Arizona Alliance
Great Dane Rescue of Arizona Alliance is located in Phoenix and has been operating for more than 25 years. They not only have Great Danes for adoption but also work to educate the community about how to care for Great Danes. They are an alliance because they work with many different Great Dane rescues across the country.
They are always available to take Great Danes off another shelter if they are over capacity. The Alliance is a great choice if you do not have luck elsewhere. They can even put you in touch with a rescue that will be able to provide you with possible Great Danes for adoption.
Only those rescues that follow the strict rules and criteria set down by the Alliance are allowed to join the Alliance. So, when you are adopting from one of their rescues, you can rest assured that you are getting the best.
If you want to adopt, you should:
- Fill out an adoption application.
- Visit their available dog’s page.
- If you do not find a dog that fits your requirements, you can always help the Alliance by donating.
- You can also volunteer at the Alliance if you are interested in giving back to the community and working for the betterment of Great Danes.
Great Dane Rescue of Arizona Alliance Details
- Website: Great Dane Rescue of Arizona Alliance
- Address: 86745 Phoenix, Arizona
- Phone: (623) 869-0409
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Great Dane Rescue of Arizona’s Facebook
- Instagram: Great Dane Rescue of Arizona’s Instagram
4. Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert
Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert is an all-inclusive pet rescue in Arizona, i.e., it rescues and rehomes all breeds of dogs and cats. If you have no luck finding a Great Dane from the above shelters, you may find one at Friends for Life. Located in Gilbert, this is a no-kill rescue privately supported by volunteers and donations.
It does not receive government funding in any form. They take several rescues simultaneously to avoid overcrowding and maintain a quality standard. You can take a look at the dogs that are available for adoption. New adoptees are posted on Saturdays, but not all animals may be on the website.
If you are interested, you can contact them to find out if they have any Great Danes available. All interested individuals will need to fill out an adoption form. They ask all potential adopters to consider the cost of owning a Great Dane. They do not want their dogs adopted, only to have people return them because they were unaware of the investment and commitment it takes to take in a dog.
Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert Details
- Website: Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert
- Address: 952 W. Melody Ave. Gilbert, Arizona
- Phone: (480) 497-8296
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert’s Facebook
- Instagram: Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert’s Instagram
5. Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA
Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA is Arizona’s largest and oldest shelter. They can be a great choice if you cannot find a Great Dane from a rescue specializing in them. They are located in Phoenix and are a reliable choice for animal rescues.
Its mission is to provide compassionate and loving care to animals in the community. They strive to be the leaders in pet adoptions, reasonably priced veterinary services, community support, education, and volunteer opportunities.
To adopt from Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA, you will need:
- Browse the available dogs in their dog gallery for Great Danes.
- You will need to fill out an adoption application form.
- Bring all who live in your home, including your animals, to meet the dog.
- Meet our adoption counselor, who will help you choose your new dog.
- If the meeting with your pet goes well for you and your family members, you will be provided with paperwork to complete.
- The adoption fee varies depending upon several factors, including behavior, breed, temperament, etc.
- All dogs are spayed, neutered, vaccinated, and treated for fleas and ticks.
If you cannot find Great Dane rescues in Arizona, then Friends for Life Animal Rescue of Gilbert could be where you find your next adorable family member.
Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA Details
- Website: Arizona Animal Welfare SPCA
- Address: 25 N. 40th ST Phoenix, Arizona
- Phone: (602) 273-6852
- Facebook: Arizona Animal Welfare SPCA’s Facebook
- Instagram: Arizona Animal Welfare SPCA’s Instagram
Conclusion For The “Best Great Dane Rescues in Arizona”
Now that you have a great list of Great Dane rescues in Arizona, your journey to finding the perfect dog just got easier. However, we strongly recommend you visit each rescue in person before making a choice. We also recommend that you prepare a list of questions to ask management.
Your questions should focus on the temperament and behavior of the dog. Moreover, ask the shelter for the dog’s history to make the transition easier for you and your new pet. The five Great Danes rescues listed above are the perfect head start you need to begin your search for your new pet.
For more guides similar to this list of Great Dane rescues in Arizona, you can check out these other rescue shelter recommendations from our team:
- Best Great Dane Rescues in Minnesota
- Best Great Dane Rescues in Maine
- Best Great Dane Rescues in Illinois
Before you adopt a Great Dane companion from a rescue shelter in Arizona, you can learn more about this dog breed by watching “All About The Great Dane, The K9 Gentle Giant” down below: