Do you like western, country, or southern dog names? Maybe you own a Western Mountain Cur dog and you want to name them appropriately? Well, we came up with the best Western girl dog names to help you choose a name for your next puppy!
Female Western Names
- Bama: From The Bama Band, the backing band for Hank Williams Jr.
- Barbi: The name is gotten from Barbi Benton, a singer, and model
- Blaine: If you are a fan of Blaine Larsen, (singer-songwriter, guitarist), it is not out of place to choose the name for your pet western girl dog.
- Maddie: which means Energetic, insightful, and obedient. A very good choice of name for your dog.
- Clover: an English name which means Key.
- Katie: could be a short form for Katherine. The name is of Greek and English origin. It means Pure.
- Kelly: this name is a befitting one for your female dog. It captures the essential attribute of the western breed as a protector. The name is of Irish origins and means War or Strife.
- Bess: could be a short form for Elizabeth or standalone as Bess. When it stands alone, its origin can be traced to the Greeks. It means bountiful
- Ida: this name derives its origin from several cultures with often similar meanings. It means, Industrious one.
- Sky or Skye: the name means adventurous or protection.
- Callie: the name means beautiful and is a sure fit for your pet dog
- Ruby: a name gotten from a gemstone and in its literal sense means red. If you consider your pet to be precious, this is a perfect and unique name for your dog.
- Gypsy: literal meaning means wanderer.
- Maribelle: could be a conjunction of the names Maria and Isabel. The literal meanings of the name are; Star of the sea or beautiful
- Willow: a name that traces its origin to the English language. It means slender and graceful.
- Lola: is a name whose origin traces back to the Spanish language. It means, Sorrow.
- Millie: an English name that means Mild of strength.
- Ginger: this name has different meanings in different cultures. However, to find a perfect fit for your western dog, the name is drawn from Latin where the meaning is Flourishing.
- Scout: the name is one that shows a sign of intelligence as its meaning in French is For a dog of this breed, scout is a unique name.
- Coco: based on the color of your pet, this name is a unique name for your dog. It means chocolate bean.
- Kerry: This is another name that can draw its meaning off the physical attributes of your dog.
- Lily: the meaning of the name is It draws its meaning from the flower which symbolizes innocence, purity, and beauty.
- Haley: for a farm animal Hayley is such a beautiful name. it means meadow
- Sandy: dogs are man’s best friend and are loyal to a fault. The western breed has been known to engage in fights to defend their owners even to the point of death. The name sandy means defender of men which is an appropriate description of what the dog is.
- Frankie: the name is of an American origin and it means truthful
- Savannah: it means lush or tropical
- JoJo: it is quite a popular name amongst dog owners when it comes to choosing one for their dogs. The name means courageous, honest, and determined.
- Maggie: a short form for the name Margaret. The name means pearl
- Molly: a name whose origins can be traced to the Irish and Latin Languages. It means star of the sea.
- Maisie: it means wished for. It is a comforting name especially when it comes from a time when you needed comfort. Choosing this name for your pet would make for a great choice.
- Lexy: This is another name to encapsulate how loyal your dog is. It means defender of mankind
- Blossom: the name means to bloom
- Sierra: since your pet is a mountain cur, why choose this name that represents its origins in a fancy way? The name means Mountain range
- Lucy: the name means light and has its origin in Latin
How to Choose a Name For your Western Girl Dog
When it comes to choosing a unique dog name for your girl dog, you have tons of choices. You can choose a name based on the breed or its origin, you can choose a name based on the gender of your dog, or you can choose a name based on what you like.
When choosing a unique dog name for your western girl dog, you can also draw inspiration from celebrities, movie stars, and characters, real-life heroes, and musicians!
Western Mountain Cur Dog Breed
The Western Mountain Cur is a breed of dog that has been described as an excellent farm dog and can be made to work with horses and mules on the farm. Originally belonging to the Cur family which are natively used to drive cattle by cattle drovers but are now considered extinct.
The Western Mountain Cur is an American version of this extinct breed of dogs. According to Wikipedia, they derive their names from having a bobtail like that of the now extinct English Cur. The Western Cur is also noted for its outstanding courage as they have been known to confront larger predators like boars and cats.
They are also known to be dogs that are interested in the pack lifestyle. They are also very protective of the property where they stay. They measure between 20 – 30 inches (50 – 76 cm) in height and the females weigh around 45 – 60 pounds (20 – 27 kg). they belong to the Hound group (dogs used to hunt by hunters or chase preys) of dog breeds.
Their life expectancy is put at 14 – 16 years. They are also easily trained and are said to be very intelligent. They love being active or else they get bored and can be destructive around your home. Before getting one as a pet dog, ensure that you live an active lifestyle. If you have a Western Cur female dog, we hope that you found some good dog names!
Conclusion for Western Girl Dog Names
In conclusion, remember to choose a western dog name that will not conflict with common dog commands because you will be training your dog with similar-sounding words. Make sure the girl dog name has meaning to you because you will be calling them this word millions of times over their lifetime!