This guide from our team will help you find the best veterinarians in Forest Hill, Maryland. Pets are part of our families; it is normal to feel stressed and panicked when a beloved family member falls sick. Like human doctors, the more information is received, the better the diagnosis and treatment.
However, dogs, unlike us, cannot convey how they feel. It is up to us to note all their symptoms and be prepared with all the vital information to make the most out of your vet visit. Prevention is always better than cure, so don’t wait for your dog to show sickness symptoms.
Always keeping up with regular vaccination schedules, parasite control, and regular checks will ensure your pet is kept in the pink of health. You’re in luck if you are looking for a vet in Forest Hill, Maryland. We did the heavy lifting for you and brought you some of the best vets we know.
Before scrolling down this list of veterinarians in Forest Hill, Maryland, you can check out these other guides from our team at We Love Doodles: Where Can I Euthanize a Dog For Free and What You Need to Know About Food Allergies in Dogs.
1. Forest Hill Veterinary Clinic
Also known as Pet Veter 24/7 Emergency Services, Forest Hill Vet Clinic works hard to prevent problems by keeping pets in an overall healthy state. Forest Hill can do all kinds of tests, from labwork to imaging, to diagnose what might be going on with your furry companion.
From microchipping to boarding, they can get it done. If you plan on boarding your dog, make sure you call ahead of time – they fill up fast. The 24/7 emergency services offer the best small and large animal urgent care and refer to local vets for follow-up when the crisis is over. This even includes birds and reptiles.
Forest Hill Veterinary Clinic Details
(Also known as Pet Veter 24/7 Emergency Services)
- Address: 6 W. Jarrettsville Rd, Forest Hill, MD
- Telephone: (410) 838-6788
- Website: foresthillveterinaryclinic.com
- Email: [email protected]
2. Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic
Staffed by Dr. Rosalie Gibson and Dr. Julie Scaccia, this clinic treats our precious dogs and other pets like mice, gerbils, tortoises, lizards, and reptiles. With vet care comes the challenges of new and updated information, and Rock Spring clinic works hard to stay knowledgeable about new technologies and scientific data.
Owners can book appointments on their PetDesk app or by calling the office. An online pharmacy is stocked to keep pets healthy and happy with current medications and nutritious food, treats, or supplements.
Services provided include annual exams, sick pet exams, ultrasound, chemotherapy, vaccines, dental care, surgery, and boarding. Rock Spring clinic celebrates the bond between owner and beloved pets and will help you do everything possible to make that bond a quality, lifelong relationship.
Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic Details
- Address: 1905 Rock Spring Rd Forest Hill, MD
- Telephone: (410) 838-6960
- Website: Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic
- Email: [email protected]
3. Hickory Veterinary Hospital
Hickory Veterinary Hospital provides all kinds of services, from preventative and wellness care to surgery and everything in between – you can get your pet microchipped and have their teeth cleaned on the same day. At the same time, their online pharmacy will take care of all your medication needs.
Education is provided to all kinds of dog owners on nutrition, vaccinations, preventative care, and pest prevention. There is an option to order pet food and supplies online while earning points toward a frequent buyer program. The kennels and grooming section highlights the daycare and ‘spa’ treatment your furry friend can enjoy.
Hickory Veterinary Hospital Details
- Address: 534 E. Jarrettsville Rd. Forest Hill, MD
- Telephone: (410) 838-7797
- Website: Hickory Veterinary Hospitals
- Email: [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]
4. Animal Emergency Hospital
While not technically in Forest Hill, Bel Air is a stone’s throw away. An entire team of highly skilled doctors, vet techs, and support staff work in the Animal Emergency Hospital using specialized equipment and technology to perform highly specialized services. This hospital provides in-house diagnostics, endoscopy, oxygen cages, ventilators, incubators, ICUs, isolation wards, and blood transfusions.
This amazing team works their magic, saving the lives of animals that come through their doors every day, 24/7, 365 days a year. Blood donors, healthy dogs, and cats from around the area can all have their pictures in a gallery on the hospital’s website to remember those they helped.
If you are new to the area or need a referral after an emergency, one can be obtained by calling or going to the website. The website also has pet resources and articles for a wealth of information, while the online pharmacy is available for medication and various food.
Animal Emergency Hospital Details
- Address: 722 Baltimore Pike Bel Air, MD
- Telephone: (410) 420-7297 (PAWS) or text “PAWS” to 34947
- Website: Animal Emergency Hospital
5. Animal Medical Center of Bel Air
Dr. Farhan Chaudhry and the Animal Medical Center of Bel Air provide veterinary services to Bel Air, Forest Hill, MD, and the surrounding areas. They provide wellness exams, allergy and dermatology care, laser therapy (a painless and non-invasive treatment that stimulates natural healing), hydrotherapy, and even make house calls.
The house calls assure all pets get the care they need to maintain their health – this is especially important for elderly pet caregivers, pets with anxiety, or multi-pet households.
The website for the Animal Medical Center has a Pet Health Library with a wide variety of information and a blog with quite a few articles to answer any late-night questions you might have. If you do not want to call with your question, a contact form is included on the website.
Animal Medical Center of Bel Air Details
- Address: 142b N. Bond St. Bel Air, MD
- Telephone: (443) 819-0033
- Website: Animal Medical Center of Bel Air
- Email: Contact form on their website
How to Pick a Veterinarian in Forest Hill, Maryland
Choosing a vet can be daunting. After all, your vet is a trusted medical professional charged with the well-being and health of your best friend. Wonder how to pick one? Here are some tips to help you choose the best vet for your dog.
Vet care can be expensive, so it’s important to find one that you feel comfortable with and who will provide quality care for your furry friend. Whether you’re looking for a new vet or want to make sure you’re using the best one possible, these tips will help.
- Location: You’ll want to choose a conveniently located vet, and you’ll have to consider how far you’re willing to travel for appointments and emergencies.
- Services: Make sure the vet you choose offers the services you need. While all vets can do regular checkups and cure minor ailments, you’ll need more specialized healthcare for more complicated conditions.
- Emergency Care: Find out the vet’s policy for emergency care. Some vets have their in-house emergency clinic, while others work with local animal hospitals.
- Cost: Ensure you know the vet’s services and procedures fees. Get quotes from several vets to compare costs.
- Experience: Choose a vet with experience treating the type of ailment your dog has.
- References: Ask friends, family, and other pet owners for recommendations. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential vets, call each and ask about their policies and procedures.
Preparing For Your Vet Appointment in Forest Hill
When you have a sick dog, you might feel anxious or overwhelmed. You might be underprepared for a visit and not get the most out of it. Don’t fuss. We got your back. Here is a list of vital information you can prepare beforehand and keep as your dog’s medical records, easily extracted when you need a visit to the vet.
Questions to Keep in Mind
- How long have you had your dog
- Where did you get your dog
- Do they have any preexisting medical conditions? Bring copies of any medical documents you might have.
- What is your pet’s daily routine
- Do you know of any genetic conditions
- How much food do you feed, and what brand
- How much exercise does your dog get
- How is your dog’s appetite
- How much water does your dog drink every day
- Have you noticed any behavioral changes in your dog
- Any excessive scratching?
- Has your pet had any previous health issues?
- Does your dog or cat urinate and defecate normally? Is your pet suffering from loose stools or diarrhea?
- Is your pet prone to accidents?
- Has your pet recently gained or lost weight?
With some of these questions, you can be better prepared for your vet visit and help your veterinarian make an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Conclusion For The “Best Veterinarians in Forest Hill, Maryland”
Going to the vet’s is always stressful for you and your puppy. Preventative care and regular checkups will help minimize illness, so diligently schedule that yearly health check-in.
For dog health-related guides from our team at We Love Doodles, you can check out:
Before bringing your dog companion to a veterinarian in Forest Hill, Maryland, you can learn more by watching “Is Your Puppy Ready For Their First Vet Visit” down below: