Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, or simply Cavaliers, are a small breed known for their friendly and affectionate personalities. Due to their small size and gentle temperament, they are a popular breed for apartment living. You can find Cavalier rescues throughout Alabama and nearby states.
Rescue Cavalier puppies can make great companions for people of all ages and lifestyles. They are affectionate, playful, and have excellent temperaments. Your Cavalier will grow into a loving and loyal pet with proper care, training, and socialization.
Below, we’ve compiled the best Cavalier rescues in Alabama and tips on bringing a puppy home.
Before reading this list of Cavalier rescues in Alabama, check out: 11 Best Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescues in the USA! (2023) and Where Can You Get Free King Charles Cavalier Puppies? (2023).
1. Cavalier Rescue of Alabama
The Cavalier Rescue of Alabama is a non-profit that rescues and rehomes Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Their mission is to provide a safe and loving environment for Cavaliers that have been abandoned, neglected, or surrendered.
The organization works to rescue Cavaliers from shelters, puppy mills, and other situations where they may be at risk. Once rescued, the dogs go to foster homes where they receive necessary medical care and are evaluated for temperament and personality. This helps determine the best forever home for each dog.
The Cavalier Rescue of Alabama also provides education and support to help adopters provide the best possible care. They also offer training and behavior advice to help new owners and their dogs bond.
The rescue relies on donations of money, food, and other items that can be used to care for the dogs. They also rely on volunteers to help foster, transport dogs and fundraise.
It’s worth noting that the organization has a rigorous application and interview process. The goal is to find the best match for the dog and the adopter; they also conduct home visits to ensure that the living environment of the adopter is suitable for the pet.
Overall, the Cavalier Rescue of Alabama is a dedicated and compassionate organization that works to rescue and rehome Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in need. If you’re interested in adopting a Cavalier, this is a great resource to explore.
Cavalier Rescue of Alabama Details:
- Location: 5330 Technology Lane Birmingham, AL 35217
- Phone Number: 205-861-6002
- Email: info@TheCavalierRescue.org
- Website: Cavalier Rescue of Alabama
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram
2. Rescue Shelter of Alabama
Rescue Shelter is a website dedicated to helping rescue organizations and pet shelters place homeless animals in loving homes. You can search for adoptable dogs and donate directly to pet shelters on the website. In addition, Rescue Shelter also provides helpful tips and resources for pet owners.
Before you take the leap and bring a dog into your home, make sure you know your local laws, animal welfare, and vet visits. Remember to create a comfortable, safe space for your pup. That’s all part of the responsibility of being a dog owner. Good luck, and enjoy your new furry family member!
Rescue Shelter of Alabama Details:
- Location: Nationwide
- Website: Rescue Shelter of Alabama
3. Cavalier Rescue Trust
The Cavalier Rescue Trust is dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming Cavalier King Charles Spaniels throughout the United States.
They are a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to promoting the health and welfare of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They have been rescuing Cavaliers since 2011 and now have an active network of dedicated volunteers who give their time and energy to provide for these beloved dogs.
The Cavalier Rescue Trust branch in Alabama shares resources and education to owners on adequately caring for their Cavaliers.
The Trust provides public awareness of proper spay and neuter procedures and the importance of socializing and obedience training for these dogs. They also strive to place Cavaliers into forever homes with loving families.
Cavalier Rescue Trust Details:
4. No Kill Network
The No Kill Network is a national coalition of animal welfare organizations dedicated to the humane and compassionate care of all animals, regardless of the circumstance.
They offer a wide range of services, such as providing resources and education on the benefits of spaying and neutering, training, sheltering, and resources for adoptions. They also work to increase public awareness of the importance of animal welfare and fighting against animal cruelty.
Adopting from the No Kill Network is relatively simple. First, you’ll need to create an account with their website. This account allows you to browse and search through their list of available Cavaliers in Alabama.
Once you have found a Cavalier you would like to adopt, you can initiate contact with the rescue and arrange to meet the dog. After filling out the necessary paperwork, you will be able to welcome your new pet into your home.
No Kill Network Details:
- Location: Nationwide
- Website: No Kill Network
5. Cavalier Rescue USA
Cavalier Rescue USA is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization devoted to finding compassionate, permanent homes for Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who need rehoming. They strive to provide support and resources before, during, and after the adoption process.
Cavalier Rescue USA Alabama branch matches adopters’ needs, lifestyles, and personalities with their new family member. They also provide lifetime support for adopters to ensure that all Cavaliers remain in loving, responsible homes for their lives.
They strive to educate the public on the responsibilities of dog ownership and to promote responsible breeding, which is essential to the long-term health of every Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
Cavalier Rescue USA Details:
- Location: Alabama
- Phone Number: 256-656-1269
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Cavalier Rescue USA
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram
Cavalier Puppies in Alabama
Taking care of a Cavalier rescue puppy requires patience, commitment, and a lot of love. Here are some tips on how to take care of a Cavalier puppy:
- Provide proper nutrition: Feed your puppy high-quality dog food appropriate for their age and size. You can also ask your vet for specific recommendations. Puppies need to eat more frequently than adult dogs, so feed them small meals throughout the day.
- Potty training: House training a rescue dog might be challenging, but it can be done with patience and consistency. Set a regular schedule for taking your puppy outside to go potty and use positive reinforcement to encourage good behavior.
- Socialization: Socializing your Cavalier puppy is essential for its development. Expose them to different people, places, and other animals to help them become well-adjusted and confident adults.
- Exercise: Cavaliers are an active and energetic breed, so they need plenty of exercise to stay healthy. Take your puppy for regular walks and playtime to help them get the physical and mental stimulation they need.
- Grooming: Cavaliers have long, silky coats that require regular grooming. Brush your puppy’s coat at least once a week to prevent matting and tangling, but ideally more often. They also need regular baths to keep their coat and skin healthy.
- Training: Start training your puppy early and consistently with basic commands such as “sit,” “stay,” “come,” “leave it,” and “heel.” Positive reinforcement techniques such as treats and praise effectively train your puppy.
- Regular vet visits: It’s essential to take your Cavalier puppy to the vet for regular check-ups and vaccinations. Your vet can also provide guidance on any specific health concerns for your puppy.
Taking care of a Cavalier rescue takes time and effort, but the rewards of having a loving and loyal companion are well worth it. Your Cavalier puppy will grow into a happy and healthy adult dog with proper care and training.
How to Choose a Cavalier Rescue in Alabama
Choosing a Cavalier rescue in Alabama can be a difficult decision, but by following these steps, you can make sure that you find the right organization for you and your new pet:
- Research: Look for reputable Cavalier rescue organizations in Alabama. You can find them online or by asking your local veterinarian or pet store.
- Review the organization’s mission and values: Check its website and social media pages to understand its objectives and what they stand for. That way, you’ll know if you align.
- Check their process: Look at the organization’s adoption process. For instance, what are the requirements for adopting a dog, what are their adoption fees, what kind of support do they offer to adopters, and what kind of follow-up do they do after the adoption.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews from people who have previously adopted the organization. This will give you an idea of their reputation and the experiences of past adopters.
- Meet the dogs: Visit the organization and meet the dogs available for adoption. This will allow you to interact with the dogs and see which may be best for you and your family.
- Ask questions: Be bold and ask the organization questions. This will help you understand their policies and procedures so that you’re comfortable with their process.
Where Do You Find a Cavalier Rescue?
You can find a Cavalier rescue organization several ways.
Online: You can search online for Cavalier rescue organizations in your area. Look for organizations with a website and social media presence, which indicates that they are reputable and active.
Online Marketplaces: Some online marketplaces, such as Rescue Me!, have a section for rescue organizations where you can look for Cavalier rescues.
Social Media: Many Facebook groups and pages are dedicated to Cavalier rescue; you can join them and find a rescue near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
A purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can cost over $1,500. Shelters and rescues are much more affordable than breeders, and may charge only a couple hundred dollars based on the dog’s age.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels come in a few distinct coat colors, including Blenheim, black and tan, black and white, and ruby.
The average Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will live for 12 to 15 years.
Conclusion for “Best Cavalier Rescues in Alabama”
Adopting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from rescues in Alabama can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience. It is important to research different organizations and find one that aligns with your values, has a good reputation, and provides lifetime support for adopted dogs and their new families.
For guides similar to this list of Cavalier rescues in Alabama, check out:
- 5 Best Cavalier Breeders in Georgia! (2023)
- 6 Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Illinois! (2023)
- 6 Best Cavalier King Charles Breeders in Ohio! (2023)
Learn more by watching “Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Top 10 Facts” down below:
Garrett loves animals and is a huge advocate for all Doodle dog breeds. He owns his own Goldendoodle named Kona. In addition, he volunteers at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, where he fosters dogs and helps animals. Garrett enjoys writing about Doodles and believes that dogs can teach humans more about how to live than humans can teach a dog.
Why Trust We Love Doodles?
At We Love Doodles, we’re a team of writers, veterinarians, and puppy trainers that love dogs. Our team of qualified experts researches and provides reliable information on a wide range of dog topics. Our reviews are based on customer feedback, hands-on testing, and in-depth analysis. We are fully transparent and honest to our community of dog owners and future owners.