While it might seem like any dog collar will work for your pup, there’s plenty that goes into a luxury dog collar purchase other than just picking out your favorite color or brand. Dog walking is a favorite part of a dog’s day, and your furry best friend will look forwards to this with great anticipation each day.
Since exercise is such a powerful stress-reliever for dogs, your dog must learn how to behave when out for a walk correctly. It’s also essential to have the correct collar for your pup.
Leaving Fido out alone all day in your backyard is not only cruel and neglectful but deprives your dog of socializing with other dogs and people. In addition to the size and material used, you should think about whether you want a regular dog collar, a reflective one, or one that is super durable and long-lasting, like the Elite Spanker Tactical Collar.
In our luxury dog collar review, we’re going to dive in and show you what to look for when choosing the best dog luxury collar for your pup. Keeping your dog safe is key to responsible pet parenting. In our 11 top luxury dog collars list for 2021, we’re going to show you our top picks and explain why it’s essential to look at some critical variables before making your pick for the ultimate luxury dog collars in 2021.
How to Choose a Luxury Dog Collar?
The dog collar needs to be comfortable, secure, and easy to put on and take off. Here’s what to look for:
- High-quality product
- Non-toxic materials
- Made in the U.S. or Canada
- Crafted as a breakaway collar for added safety
Dog collars come in a variety of materials, styles, colors, and sizes. The most cost-effective collar is the nylon leash. But if you’re looking for a rugged leather design that’s luxurious, you’ll need to consider collar features such as style, material, and sizes.
It’s also good to consider a matching collar and leash set. Thinner, lighter and smaller dog collars work well for small dog breeds. It’s essential to choose the right-sized dog collar for your dog because it will affect the quality of your daily walks together.
You’ll also need to see which features you prefer. This all depends on your dog’s size, weight, and behavior.
- Chew proof
- Reflective design
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Stylish with an array of color & size choices if you enjoy switching out every few days.
With so many dog collar options out there, we’re going to help you choose the best luxury dog collar for your doggo with our 2021 luxury dog collar review list. So if your pup enjoys being pampered, here’s the take on our top picks.
The Link AKC is like a smartphone for your dog & requires service plan connectivity to allow data to be transmitted. The collar is naturally curved to fit the contours of your dog’s neck while being fashionable, durable, and waterproof. The tracking unit can be used with the provided collar or any collar widths between 0.5″ to 1.5″. The collars include two styles. Classic Leather Collar: The Italian leather collar that pairs perfectly with even the most sophisticated pups.
- Sport Collar: The reflective fabric stretch sleeve is precisely what every active pup needs to show off their athletic style. Each link device requires a service plan to connect to AT&T. The service plan allows for data transfer between the Link device and app to pinpoint your pup’s location.
- Location tracking nationwide in the U.S
- Activity monitoring and sound training
- Remote turn-on sound to help with training
- Temperature alerts
- Priced affordably
- Features sizes from X.S. to XL
- Record, save, and share memorable adventures with your pup.
Black Rhino provides durable, high-quality products for dogs. The Black Rhino Comfort Collar is lined with soft neoprene padding that will protect your dog’s neck from irritation when being active. Don’t worry about odor or your dog playing in the water. The neoprene quickly dries and is odor resistant, leaving no funky smell behind.
- All sizes
- Reflective stitching
- Neoprene padding for comfort
- Heavy duty & lightweight
- Priced well
- High-quality material
The Kurgo RSG Dog Collar comes in coastal blue and is MOLLE compatible. Kurgo is based on the New England Coast, and they design dog adventure training gear that’s high-quality, durable, and priced well.
- Heavy-duty nylon webbing
- Priced well
- Large product line
Wolfgang Man & Beast Premium USA features an extensive line of products made in the U.S. with a lifetime warranty. Their products are well designed with colorful graphics, native textures, leather options, and patterned collars. There are many designs to choose from, so you can mix and match products. All their products are visually appealing and priced well for multi-pet homes.
- Fur Trader print
- Easy to clean
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Priced well
This collar is flat and designed to prevent abrasions and sores. Soft Touch dog collars feature genuine padded leather with heavy-duty brass buckles for optimal safety. This is a family-owned brand of premium-quality dog leashes and collars based out of Southern California.
We like this brand because quality, comfort, design, and price are all crucial factors and all their products have excellent craftsmanship. The leather collars are handmade together with their leashes. There is hand-stitching, and they only use the finest genuine full-grain leather. Every collar and leash is thoughtfully designed and crafted with a soft, padded sheepskin leather lining to prevent chafing or irritation.
- Two-tone color with sealed edge
- Full grained naturally tanned leather
- Soft inside sheepskin padding for comfort and to limit chafing
- Solid brass buckle and D-ring to prevent rust & corrosion
- Lifetime guarantee
- Priced well
The Elite Spanker Tactical Dog Collar features over 3,400 positive ratings and is available in 4 colorways. This is a heavy-duty collar that features durable 1000D nylon material with soft inner padding to prevent chafing. These are tactical collars that work well for outdoor canine adventures.
- Durable tactical material
- Magic sticker and quick release metal buckle double closure
- Crafted with a control handle
- Priced well for multi-pet homes
- Crafted with two rings-one for tags and one for the leash.
Lucky Love Dog Collars will make you smile. Not only do these collars have beautiful prints, but this brand was founded by a dog rescuer that helps save hundreds of dogs from death row each year.
Lucky Love Dog specializes in designing unique, vivid, and stylish patterns that are made for teacups to giant breeds. There are several color patterns to choose from that best describe your pup’s personality. Lucky Love Dogs is a small company based in Austen, Texas, with a mission to save more shelter dogs each year.
- High-density nylon
- Weatherproof D Ring for I.D. tags and waste bags
- Priced well for multi-pet homes
- A portion of your purchase is donated to help save a shelter dog.
Blueberry Pet has an assortment of high-quality pet products for cats and dogs. They use high-grade genuine leather together with heavy-duty polyester webbing. Their products are well made and last long. We like this brand because they use third-party testing to ensure that all products are safe for pets to use and meet all safety standards.
- Not a typical ‘all-leather collar
- Combination of polyester webbing and high-quality genuine leather
- Unique features
- Priced well for multi-pet homes
- Ten different color/print options to choose from
Tuff Pupper is another company that we’re crazy about. They design high-quality gear for adventurous dogs of all breeds, sizes, and shapes. Tuff Pupper creates rugged collars for every environment that are priced just right for multi-pet homes.
The heavy-duty line is crafted with stretch bungee handles for any hard-to-handle moments when out on the trail or when walking your pup. Tuff Pupper is one of our favorite brands because of its high-quality products and stylish designs.
- Nine colorways
- Tough & durable dog collar for all breeds
- Metal buckle is built using 3mm thick rip
- Fray-proof ballistic nylon
- Priced well
- Accent stitching to create the perfect combination of durability and design aesthetics
- Adjustable strap size
This collar is available in all sizes and also as a set with a leather leash. They come in brown or black leather and are a comfortable option that features a secure fastening with a high-quality double buckle and two d-rings with high-quality leather.
These collars feature a 100% natural leather dog collar is a stylish & comfortable option for walks, runs, training, hikes, sports, or crowded situations with your furry best friend.
- Soft genuine leather for comfort
- 2 D rings for leash and I.D. tags
- Double buckle system for optimal security when out with your pup
- Extra ring to secure the extra strap
- Priced well for a genuine leather dog collar with a stylish design
If you’re looking for a super-light super soft with a distressed design dog collar, then this is a good choice. Made by Mighty Paw, a family-owned business out of New York, The Mighty Paw Brand offers a huge array of dog products.
Mighty Paw uses natural cowhide and durable allow hardware for optimal anti-rust, weather-resistant dog collars. The brand features a vast array of excellent dog training products, from collars, harnesses, treats to at-home grooming tools. Mighty Paw dog products are great for pet travel, training, and outdoor adventures with Fido.
- Sizes Small to X-Large
- 100% genuine soft leather that’s pliable
- Priced well for multi-pet households
How to Use a Puppy Collar?
Puppies and dogs that have never experienced the feel of a collar will most likely never have been walked on a leash before. Although these restraints will feel strange for a puppy or dog, your pup must learn how to walk with a collar and leash during puppyhood.
When first starting, you should use the lightest collar possible so that your puppy can get used to wearing a dog collar. A nylon puppy collar is lined with soft neoprene padding that won’t irritate its neck, plus it’s lightweight, odor-resistant, and dries quickly should your pup take a dip with it on. These collars may also have reflective stitching for added safety on your nighttime walks.
- Begin by gently placing a regular cotton or nylon collar around your dog’s throat. Many puppies do not enjoy this since the neck is the most vulnerable area of a dog’s body.
- Slowly introduce the puppy to the collar by leaving it on for a few seconds. Remove it by unbuckling and then doing it up again.
- Use plenty of praise each time and reward with a treat.
- Do the same thing with the leash. Clip the leash onto the collar and allow your puppy to run around with it on for a few minutes.
- Practice by clipping the leash onto the puppy or dog’s collar and then taking it off several times, always rewarding your puppy each time.
Conclusion For The Best Luxury Dog Collars
To properly train your pup, it’s essential to have the right equipment. Today, the pet supply industry offers a vast array of collars, leashes, and other dog training gear that can prove to be helpful when teaching your doggo.
The kind of collar that you choose for your pup depends on the type and level of training you’re doing and your dog’s personality. If you’re just starting off training a young puppy, the best kind of collar to use is a lightweight flat buckle collar made from nylon or leather. This will help to get your pup used to wear a collar. As with any purchase for pets, it’s important to make an informed choice that’s based on certain considerations.
Comfortable, luxury dog collars are necessary for traveling, training, grooming, and those beautiful long walks. Collars and I.D. tags are essential, as well as microchipping your pets for permanent pet identification in case they ever get lost. So be safe and keep your pup comfortable and prepared this year by purchasing top -notch pet products you can trust.
Check out this video: