We’re back again with our top pick for Goldendoodle Halloween costumes! As always, we have a few really fun and cute options for your pup this year so let’s check them out. At WeLoveDoodles, we know there’s one thing better than planning your costume for Halloween, and that is planning for your Doodle’s Halloween costume. If you need some costume ideas for your Doodle, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve spent hours combing Amazon, Chewy, and a few other places to find our top picks, so let’s get started. But, as always, consider costume style and animal shape before ordering any Halloween Doodle costumes.
If you have a Doodle that is not comfortable wearing a costume, it’s best to forego dressing him up and instead opt for a festive bandana.
One important tip to consider, though, is that you’ll need to keep in mind that pet costumes aren’t all produced with the same size chart—which means your Doodle could be a medium in one costume and an extra-large in another brand. All specs differ with pet Halloween costume brands, similar to human clothing. Let’s see what’s new in Goldendoodle Halloween costumes!
In a rush? Here are the top picks!
If your pup isn’t into dressing up in costumes and you want to add a few finishing touches, we’ve got the perfect thing for you. This headband is seriously adorable, and we love that it is lightweight since most of our Goldendoodle friends don’t appreciate wearing heavy things around their necks or heads.
This red Halloween costume features the stranger theme Demogorgon’s open mouth, so its teeth and muscles are visible, creepy, and cute. This works for small and large dogs, kids, cats, and parents. It can be an excellent gift for a Halloween party. Here’s the takeaway:
- Affordable for multi-pet homes
- Easy to dress up headgear
- Good stretch, shrink, easy to wear and carry.
- Made of 100% high quality felt material
- Safe and eco-friendly
- Warm and soft
- Four sizes available
This NACOCO Cowboy Rider Dog Costume for Dogs Clothes Knight Style with Doll and Hat for Halloween Day Pet Costume for small, medium/large dogs that’s a great design. It is a fun cowboy-style costume that does not limit your dog’s movements! The rider even has a hat that can be removed! There are also four different sizes to choose from, so no matter what breed of dog you have, there is a size for your pups. This product has over 3,600 positive reviews.
- Four sizes
- Material: polyester/cotton
- Adjustable & easy to wear
- Over 3,600 positive reviews
“My therapy dog and I were asked to visit the hospital on several floors on Halloween. This mane was very cute on my Goldendoodle, and he was the hit of the day. It took him a while to get used to wearing it, and he kept shaking it off, but it was easy to put back on and adjust the fit. He has a big flag on his tail, and the tailpiece did not work of course but it was not necessary. This was an easy costume to put together and carry with us. I put on white pants, and shirt, black vest, and tall boots, and I was the lion tamer. The patient’s loved it. Gilligan, the 100-pound Goldendoodle, was not too sure about it, but he went along with it and was his usual self when he gets his therapy dog vest on to go to work.”
The Tomsenn dog lion mane for Doodle features over 6,300 positive reviews on Amazon. It is made of high-quality natural cotton, soft and comfortable. It also includes two matching tails for a complete lion look. We like this Doodle costume because the mane is made of soft cotton that will not irritate your dog’s sensitive skin. The Tomsenn dog lion mane is easy to put on and remove, adjustable for most dogs (27 inches in length), machine washable. Overall, this lion costume provides good value for your money! This wool fiber premium-looking lion mane blends well with your dog’s fur and looks super realistic.
- Artificial fiber material
- Lion color
- Over 6,300 positive reviews
- For medium to large-sized dogs
- Two-color options: brown or brown & black
- It comes with a complementary tailpiece to complete the lion theme.
- Compatible neck size for dogs ranges from 60 cm to 80 cm
This furry costume comes in various sizes and is appropriate for small, medium, and large pet breeds (cats and dogs). It’s meant to fit over your pup like a hoodie; it has holes for your pet’s legs and tail. It features six sizes, from small to 3 XL. This is also an authentic safety-tested item for pets to wear. For example, the faux fur-covered Chewbacca pet costume hoodie with attached bandolier with pouch accent allows for customization with your pet’s name via a label tag on the bandolier.
Because it’s from Rubie’s Star Wars Collection, you can be sure it will feature an accurate representation of Chewbacca, Yoda, and the Death Star. It will be just like being in the comfort of your own home while your pet enjoys all their favorite movies and TV shows. We like this Halloween costume for Doodles because it’s fun and functional. This costume will give your pup a character to play—and you can be sure they’ll stay warm, too.
- Brown pet hoodie covered in faux fur with attached bandolier and pouch accent. P. Safety tested for pets
- Six sizes
- Good pet sizing chart in UK & US sizes
- A family business since 1950
- An extensive array of pet costumes to choose from
This is another best seller pet costume for Halloween. It’s sure to have your dog in a great mood throughout Halloween. It features a step-in brown top, hooded headpiece with attached ears, cowl neck, and drawstring closure.
This Ewok costume is a full-body outfit that will keep your pup warm and comfortable. It has a hood that fits comfortably around your dog’s head so it’ll never leave marks or feel uncomfortable on their skin. The bottom of the Ewok costume is open to allow for unrestricted movement. It is available in 5 different sizes that’ll fit nearly all dogs! This product has over 1,800 positive reviews.
- Ewok costume
- Easy to wash
- Polyester material plus trim
- Over 1,800 positive reviews
- Cowl neck style
- Three sizes
- Step-in brown top
The UPS costume is an all-time favorite for Doodle lovers because it’s easy wearing and natural-looking. It features 100% polyester fabric and fiberfill 100% polyurethane foam, and you don’t have to use the hat if Doodle hates the feel. This is a shirt that has sleeves for your dog’s front legs and a velcro fastener around the neck and back.
The stuffed arms on the front of the shirt have velcro dots to hold the box. There is also a foam visor with an elastic chin strap which you don’t have to use if your Doodle is uncomfortable wearing it. This product has over 4,700 positive reviews.
- Over 4,700 positive reviews
- UPS Halloween costume
- Polyester material
- Four sizes
How to choose a Doodle Halloween Costume?
If you’re wondering how to choose a Halloween costume for your Doodle, we recommend the following:
- If you’re using a hat with your costume, make sure that it fits on your dog’s head and covers his ears comfortably without hurting him.
- The shirt should have sleeves on the front of its body, so they don’t bother him or get in the way.
- The costume’s fabric should be soft, so your Doodle feels comfortable wearing it.
- Remember to check for any buttons, ribbons, or other accessories attached to his new Halloween outfit because they can fall off and get lost or eaten by your dog.
- Make sure the costume isn’t too tight around his neck and chest.
- For Halloween, your Doodle will need to wear a collar with an ID tag on it, even if the costume allows him to wear one at all times. Make sure your pet is easily identifiable.
- Don’t forget to check his costume for flammability before letting him wear it. Choose nonflammable materials that can be safely washed.
- If you want the costume to last through several Halloweens, choose one that is easy to slip on and off your dog’s body using velcro fasteners or zippers, so he doesn’t have trouble getting it on or off.
- Prepare your pet for the big day. … If you find your dog hates wearing his costume, choose a different one.
- Consider the color scheme well in advance.
- Don’t forget to take your dog for a “walk” before Halloween so he can get used to the costume and any accessories attached to it.
- Make sure you have all the necessary safety measures in place.
- Last but not least, check if your dog’s new outfit is comfortable and well-fitting because you don’t want to hurt him. Plan your costume, and don’t use it if your Doodle doesn’t like to wear costumes.
When you choose a Halloween costume for your Doodle, avoid using materials that are flammable. Try to choose costumes made of natural fibers that can be machine washed. If possible, look for costumes without buttons or ribbons attached because they can get caught on things and injure your pet. Use the tips above to help you find the best Halloween Doodle costumes. Also, make sure your Doodle can’t easily get his costume off and on by himself to avoid getting lost.
Sizing for your dog’s costume is also important to consider; you don’t want it too tight or too loose. There are many Doodle Halloween costumes that allow you to choose the size depending on your dog’s weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my dog doesn’t like his Halloween costume?
Choose a different one or make modifications to the outfit. If it’s too tight, try using velcro instead of sewing buttons and remove any ribbons attached to the fabric. Also, consider making your pet wear the costume for short periods of time before Halloween, so he gets used to it.
How do I choose the right size for my dog’s costume?
In order to decide on a size, measure your Doodle from his neck to his tail and refer to the sizing guide available on the product page. If you’re unsure of which is the best fit for your cat or dog, ask a family member for help.
When should I start preparing my pet for Halloween?
If you’re thinking about dressing your dog up for a holiday, it’s best to prepare him beforehand. Let him wear his costume around the house for short periods of time or make modifications to make sure he’s comfortable with wearing it. Also, take him on a walk before Halloween to get used to how it feels with the costume on.
What should I do if my dog hates wearing his Halloween outfit?
If your dog hates wearing costumes, don’t force him to wear one. Instead, decorate the house with colorful pumpkins and spiders or go trick-or-treating as a family without them. If you’re sure your Doodle will enjoy the holiday and you want to dress him up, choose a different pet outfit that’s less restrictive.
Check out this video: